APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.07.17 - Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates, USA

Go down

1988.07.17 - Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates, USA Empty 1988.07.17 - Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Date:
July 17, 1988.

Venue:
Poplar Creek.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Out Ta Get Me
04. Rocket Queen
05. Welcome to the Jungle
06. Sweet Child O'Mine
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Notes:
First show on the tour with Aerosmith.

Quotes:
The First night of the Aerosmith tour was tumultuous: it started in Illinois, and while the rest of us showed up early enough to watch them sound-check, Axl was missing in action until half an hour before show-time. I remember Steven Tyler coming up to me and saying, "Hey...so where's your singer?" It's become a recurring punch line; it's his standard greeting whenever he sees me. Axl showed up the very last minute, which obviously caused tension to be high all around, but we played well enough to make up for it [Slash's autobiography, "Slash", 2007, p. 233]
1988.07.17 - Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1988.07.19.
1988.07.17 - Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1988.07.10.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

1988.07.17 - Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates, USA Empty Re: 1988.07.17 - Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:26 am

Second performance in Chicago area

Opening for Aerosmith, Rose thanks the crowd, as heard in an audio recording from this show posted to YouTube for making the band "double platinum last week." He's referring to the album "Appetite for Destruction," which the band released in 1987. "This next song we'll dedicate to the people who have helped us out by spreading (expletive) lies and rumors about us all the time. I think I've died about 12 times in the last two months. That's OK," Rose says at the end of "Mr. Brownstone."
Source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-guns-n-roses-chicago-htmlstory.html
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down