APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

2 posters

Go down

2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA Empty 2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:23 am

Date:
November 10, 2006.

Venue:
Madison Square Garden.

Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Sweet Child O'Mine
06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
07. You Could Be Mine
08. Street of Dreams
09. Better
10. Out Ta Get Me
11. November Rain
12. My Michelle
13. Used to Love Her
14. I.R.S.
15. Patience
16. Nightrain
17. Chinese Democracy
18. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Robert Finck (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass) and Frank Ferrer (drums), Dizzy Reed (keybards), Chris Pitman (synth).

Quotes:
About getting to fullfill his dream of playing Madison Square Garden: It felt like climbing a mountain for years, and finally reaching the top. And then you start looking for the next mountain... [The Telegraph Calcutta, June 2013]
2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 2006.11.13.
2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 2006.11.08.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA Empty Re: 2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:30 pm

Press release about the two New York area shows, October 11, 2006:
Metropolitan Talent and Live Nation presents

GUNS N' ROSES
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - SOLD OUT!
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE FOR CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ARENA NOVEMBER 5th

GUNS N' ROSES OWN NY !!!

Hot on the heels of their 4 sold out shows at Hammerstein Ballroom in May, Guns N' Roses have just sold out the world renowned Madison Square Garden (Nov 10). It won't be long until New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena (Nov 5) reaches capacity as well. The 2 New York area concerts are part of a just-announced 36 date North American tour, set to kick off October 20 in Jacksonville, Florida. Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach has been tapped as opening act. With stellar concert reviews and strong ticket sales across the country, Guns N' Roses are currently ranked Number 1 on Pollstar's Top 50 chart ahead of The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Aerosmith who round out the top 5.

Friday, November 10 - 8:00pm
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - SOLD OUT!

Sunday, November 5 - 8:30pm
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE FOR CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ARENA
East Rutherford, NJ

Tickets: $89.50, $59.50 & $39.50

Tickets available at the Continental Airlines Arena box office, Ticketmaster locations, online at Ticketmaster.com or charge-by-phone at 201-507-8900, 212-307-7171, 631-888-9000.

All dates, acts and ticket prices subject to change without notice.

A service charge is added to each ticket price.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA Empty Re: 2006.11.10 - Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:43 pm

Preview/interview with Sebastian Bach in the Star-Ledger, November 3, 2006:
Bach back to basics

'Savage Animal!' is history for former Skid Row singer

By WES ORSHOSKI
FOR THE STAR-LEDGER

Guns 'N' Roses
With Sebastian Bach

Where and when: 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, and 8 p.m. Nov. 10, Madison Square Garden, New York
How much : $37.50-$87.50 in East Rutherford and $49.50 and $89.50 in New York; call (609) 520-8383 or visit www.ticketmaster.com.

If it's important to laugh at ourselves - if it builds character - then right about now Sebastian Bach is feeling chock full of character.

Since the airing of his most recent VH1 reality series, "Supergroup" - which charted the 12-day life of a so-called rock supergroup fronted by the former Skid Row singer and featuring Ted Nugent and Anthrax's Scott Ian, among others - Bach has had to laugh at his own ridiculousness.

Just two words that he uttered on the show have come back to haunt him.

"Everywhere I go, all I hear is . . . Wait, you wanna take a guess? Two words. Come on!" he says.
"Savage Animal!" he says, shouting the absurd name he came up with for the band during one episode. (It wasn't used.)

"Come on, dude! It rolls off the tongue," Bach cracks, mocking himself.

"Everywhere I go, there's drunken chicks shouting, `Savage Animal!' It rolls off the tongue! Whoooo! Everywhere I go, every e-mail I get: 'Savage Animal' and a thousand exclamation points. That's all I ever hear!"

Despite the ribbing, and even if parts of "Supergroup" make him want to "put my foot through the television," Bach can't knock the series too much: Some 10 years after he was booted from Skid Row, he's found new management and is working on a new album and record deal. All thanks to the show, which aired several times.

"Everything has just snowballed," he said.

But, most importantly to the Lincroft-based singer, he's hitting America's biggest arenas again, as the opening act for Guns 'N' Roses. While he's been in a couple of shows on Broadway and has become a relative fixture on VH1 in recent years - he's starred in several of the cable network's shows, including the video program "Forever Wild" - both those gigs are fun distractions when compared to music, he says.

"You just can't compare saying, 'Hey, man, here's the next Queensryche video' to singing '18 and Life' in a sold-out arena with lighters - although now in 2006 it's cell phones - with everybody's hands up in the air," he says. "Sometimes I don't realize what I am, that I've been doing it since I was a teenager. I've been doing it so long that, really, all I know is rock. There's your headline, dude: 'ALL I KNOW IS ROCK.'"

Like anything that involves Axl Rose, Bach's recent out-of-the-blue reconnection with the Guns 'N' Roses frontman has been an interesting ride. About a month before the band's recent stand at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York, Bach got a message, which he immediately thought was a joke.

"I got this text saying, `Hey Bas, you still around New York? You want to hang out?' And I was like, 'Who's pretending they're Axl Rose on my cell phone?' So I pressed 'call sender,' and I hear this 'Hello.' I was like 'Holy f- - -!'"

Rose and Bach performed the Guns 'N' Roses classic "My Michelle" together onstage at the Hammerstein three times; then Rose added Bach as opening act for the Europe tour. At the end of the last set in London, Rose's voice apparently gave out on him and Bach finished the show, singing "Night Train" and "Paradise City."

In terms of his own set, Bach says fans can expect the expected: New songs interspersed with Skid Row anthems like "Youth Gone Wild" and the power ballad "I Remember You."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down