APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.12.19 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA

Go down

2006.12.19 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA Empty 2006.12.19 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 am

December 19, 2006 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA
Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Better
Robin's guitar solo
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. You Could Be Mine
Bumblefoot's guitar solo (Eruption, Don't Cry)
08. Rocket Queen
09. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Dizzy's piano solo
10. Street of Dreams
11. I.R.S.
12. Out Ta Get Me
Axl's piano solo
13. November Rain
14. Down on the Farm
15. Think About You (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
16. My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach)
17. Used to Love Her (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
Izzy's guitar solo
18. Patience (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
19. Nightrain (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
Encore:
20. Chinese Democracy
21. Madagascar
22. Paradise City (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Date:

Venue:
Gibson Amphitheatre.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Robin Finck: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.
Notes:
Izzy Stradlin joined the band for five songs and a solo. This was the second out of three consecutive gigs where he would join the band.
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2006.12.19 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA Empty Re: 2006.12.19 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Marc Canter attended one or more of the four shows at Universal in December 2006, hoping to talk to Axl about releasing his book, Reckless Road:

Nothing was going to stop me from getting this out. I talked to some of the people that work with Axl. I didn't see Axl. So I went to see Axl but I never got to see him at the gigs they did at Universal in December 2006. So I told the people he worked with, "Guess what? I got a deal, my book's coming out," and they didn't really say much, they kind of stayed quiet about it. I guess they were afraid to tell Axl because they didn't know how he would react. Maybe because I knew Axl didn't wanna promote the old band.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

2006.12.19 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA Empty Re: 2006.12.19 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, USA

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Craig Duswalt also attended one of these shows and in contrast to Marc, actually got to meet Axl:

I last saw GNR at Universal Amphitheater in 2006, and the show was amazing. After the concert, my friends and I were invited backstage to Axl’s dressing room. Usually my wife Natasha would have come, but she had been diagnosed with cancer and was going through chemo and didn’t have the strength to go to the show. Del James and Beta walk us to Axl’s dressing room — I hadn’t seen Axl in a few years. I go back to Axl’s personal area and Axl gives me a hug, and the first thing out of his mouth was “How’s Natasha?” That is exactly who Axl Rose is.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down