APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.07.18 - Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan

2 posters

Go down

2007.07.18 - Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan Empty 2007.07.18 - Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 am

July 18, 2007 - Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan
Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
Robin's guitar solo
05. Sweet Child O' Mine
06. Better
07. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
08. You Could Be Mine
Dizzy's piano solo (Angie)
09. Street of Dreams
Richard's guitar solo
Richard & Robin guitar duet (Beautiful)
10. Out Ta Get Me
Axl's piano solo
11. November Rain
12. I.R.S.
Bumblefoot's guitar solo
13. Don't Cry
14. My Michelle
15. Liquor & Whores (w/ Bubbles)
16. Used to Love Her
17. Patience
18. Nightrain
Encore:
19. Madagascar
20. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Nippon Budokan.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Robin Finck: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.

Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2007.07.18 - Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan Empty Re: 2007.07.18 - Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:28 am

From the band's official site, GunsNRoses.com, July 20, 2007:
GUNS N' ROSES: LIVE AT BUDOKAN

By Doug Miller/GunsNRoses.com

An estimated 9,000 fans packed into the world famous Budokan Hall on Wednesday night to witness Guns N'Roses live in concert. For a rocking two hours, GN'R fired on all cylinders, giving their Japanese fans a concert they won't soon forget.

Axl and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal performed "Don't Cry" to the sheer delight of the crowd. Drummer Frank Ferrer is a huge Cheap Trick fan and paid tribute to one of his idols by dressing a la Bun E. Carlos in a white shirt, black tie, and, of course, the cigarette behind his ear. Also, Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys joined Guns onstage and performed "Liquor and Whores."

The band was proud to continue the Budokan legacy that includes The Beatles -- the first rock band to perform there back in 1966 -- and live albums by Bob Dylan, Cheap Trick in 1978 and Judas Priest's "Unleashed In The East" in 1979. You can now add Bubbles in 2007 to that illustrious list.

GN'R followed "Liquor and Whores" with "Used To Love Her," and the crowd sang and clapped their hands in support. By the time the confetti and pyro signaled the end of the final song, "Paradise City," GN'R had left an indelible mark on Tokyo.

The final concert in Japan is scheduled for Saturday night at the Intex Osaka

2007.07.18 - Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan Budoka10

Drummer Frank Ferrer gets to know the locals at Budokan. (Vicki Craddock)
https://web.archive.org/web/20080610072826/http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070720&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down