APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The Damned documentary (2015)

Go down

The Damned documentary (2015) Empty The Damned documentary (2015)

Post by Uli Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:26 am

Premiere of a documentary about one of my fave bands (who released the first UK punk 7" in 1976 "New Rose", later covered by many bands, incl. GN'R) at SXSW this year:

http://schedule.sxsw.com/2015/events/event_FS17986

From Lemmy filmmaker Wes Orshoski comes the story of the long-ignored pioneers of punk: The Damned, the first punks on wax and the first to cross the Atlantic. This authorized film includes appearances from Chrissie Hynde, Mick Jones (The Clash), Lemmy and members of Pink Floyd, Black Flag, GNR, the Sex Pistols, Blondie, Buzzcocks, and more. Shot around the globe over three years, the film charts the band's complex history and infighting, as it celebrated its 35th anniversary and found its estranged former members striking out on their own anniversary tour, while still others battle cancer.

Principal Cast: David Vanian, Captain Sensible, Rat Scabies, Brian James, Mick Jones, Chrissie Hynde, Lemmy Kilmister, Nick Mason, Duff McKagan, Fred Armisen

Should be good, especially as the Lemmy doc by the same filmmaker was very entertaining!
Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9431

Back to top Go down

The Damned documentary (2015) Empty Re: The Damned documentary (2015)

Post by Uli Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:31 pm

http://tinyurl.com/q3ttxf8

Lemmy (MOTÖRHEAD), Duff McKagan (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER), Fred Armisen and members of PINK FLOYD, THE CLASH, SEX PISTOLS, BLACK FLAG and more appear in the new documentary on pioneering British punk band THE DAMNED, directed/produced by "Lemmy" filmmaker Wes Orshoski.

Titled "The Damned: Don't You Wish That We Were Dead", the film tells the story of the often-overlooked band, which was the first English punk group to release a single (1976's "New Rose") and album (1977's "Damned Damned Damned"), and the first to cross the Atlantic, playing such hallowed halls as CBGB on their first American tour.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lemmy-duff-mckagan-nick-mason-jello-biafra-to-appear-in-the-damned-documentary/#wIy4hsPIzaHMkysH.99

Trailer (also feat. Duff):
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:47 am

I did see this documentary (it's out in the USA on Bluray/dvd, UK version comes later). Duff is not in it, even though he's in the trailer (guess he ended up on the cutting room floor...).  Sad
It is a very good movie about the band nonetheless!

The film-maker mentions AfD here in this interview:

http://pleasekillme.com/chat-creator-lemmy-damned-documentaries/
Wes: I was a teenage metalhead. Appetite for Destruction turned my life upside down.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down