APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA

3 posters

Go down

2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA Empty 2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA

Post by Soulmonster Thu 7 Jul 2016 - 9:29

2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA NeWborder_zpsk3uwcgt1

July 9, 2016
Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA
Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome to the Jungle
05. Double Talkin' Jive
06. Estranged
07. Live and Let Die
08. Rocket Queen
09. You Could Be Mine
10. Attitude (w/ You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory intro)
11. This I Love
12. Civil War
13. Coma
Godfather theme (Slash's solo)
14. Sweet Child O' Mine
15. Better
16. Out Ta Get Me (w/ Steven Adler on drums)
17. My Michelle (w/ Steven Adler on drums)
Wish You Were Here jam
18. November Rain
19. Knockin' One Heaven's Door
20. Nightrain
ENCORE:
21. Patience (w/ Waiting on a Friend intro)
22. The Seeker
23. Paradise City

Date:
July 9, 2016.

Venue:
Nissan Stadium.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Slash: Lead and rhythm guitar, and backing vocals
Richard Fortus: Rhythm and lead guitar, and backing vocals
Duff Mckagan: Bass and backing vocals
Dizzy Reed: Piano and backing vocals
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Melissa Reese: Keyboard and backing vocals

Poster:
(Artist: Cory Wasnewsky)

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed 10 Aug 2016 - 8:52; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA Empty Re: 2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA

Post by Uli Sun 10 Jul 2016 - 11:11

http://tinyurl.com/jbnutt6

Steven Adler performed with Guns N’ Roses again last night in Nashville, and also spent some time with Slash, Duff McKagan, Frank Ferrer, and Melissa Reese during rehearsals. Adler yet again joined GNR for “My Michelle” and “Out Ta Get Me.” When introducing Adler, Axl Rose referred to him as ‘my brother.’ Watch a short clip of Adler in Nashville followed by photos below.

Sorry was played at soundcheck:

(well, with new lyrics, "one-two"... Wink )
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9453

Back to top Go down

2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA Empty Re: 2016.07.09 - Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN, USA

Post by Uli Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 10:08

Axl n' Slash backstage:
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9453

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue 22 May 2018 - 15:13

Joseph Hudak (Rolling Stone) wrote:Chris Stapleton on Meeting Axl Rose in Nashville: 'He Was a Gentleman'

"It was one of those moments where you get to be a kid again," says the country singer, who opened for Guns N' Roses in Music City

Having already performed at Coachella and Bonnaroo this year, Chris Stapleton wound up on another unexpected stage last night in Nashville: opening for Guns N' Roses on their Not in This Lifetime Tour. He also found himself face to face with Axl Rose, who summoned Stapleton and his producer and occasional rhythm guitarist Dave Cobb after the last notes of show-closer "Paradise City" rang out.

"Axl's assistant contacted Dave and wanted us to both come back there, and we brought our wives back and said hey. It was cool," Stapleton tells Rolling Stone Country. "He was great. Very polite and gracious and we got to say hi for a few minutes. I'm sure he was tired and had to go get cleaned up before the buses or planes rolled out, but he was a gentleman and we had a brief conversation about music and both went on our way. It was a good night."

Stapleton, himself a powerhouse vocalist, was most interested in Rose's singing stamina. "I asked him how many nights in a row he can possibly scream like that, and do all the high, high rock & roll singing that he does. Because I know for myself I have limits, and how many nights in a row I can actually sing," he says. "Then we discussed him doing stuff with AC/DC a little bit. It was conversations you don't think you're ever going to have."
As for his own opening performance — arguably his most dynamic and captivating of this year — Stapleton says he just did the job of the support act, and won over some new fans in the process. "Nobody threw anything at us, so I think that was a victory," he laughs.
Still, he couldn't help but feel a little star-struck simply sharing the same stage as the iconic rock band. "You're standing up there looking at all their stuff and you watch their set after and it's just a remarkable thing," Stapleton says. "It was one of those moments where you get to be a kid again."
So how does Rose, who's singing at a level not heard since the Use Your Illusion tours, achieve those wails on a regular basis?
Quips Stapleton, "He's Axl Rose, man. He's one of a kind."

https://tinyurl.com/ycg8qenx
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu 18 May 2023 - 20:50

Soundcheck:

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu 18 May 2023 - 21:00

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed 24 May 2023 - 14:14

At this show, a female fan, Caroline Campos, held a "Where's Izzy" sign. Axl reacted to it smiling and saying, "That's a good question!" After the show, Campos posted on her social media she had her sign removed by security and blamed the band. Loudersound, July 12, 2016:
Guns N' Roses fan claims band objected to 'Where's Izzy' sign

Fan says Guns N' Roses security found and destroyed her 'Where's Izzy' poster in Nashville

A fan claims Guns N’ Roses security ripped up her ‘Where’s Izzy’ sign at Nashville’s Nissan Stadium after the band asked for it to be removed.

Caroline Campos made the sign similar to one which can be seen in the Don’t Cry music video – and is also a reference to the band’s former guitarist Izzy Stradlin, who is not involved in the reunion tour.

She held it up as former GNR drummer Steven Adler joined the band on stage to play My Michelle and Out Ta Get Me.at the weekend. She claims Axl Rose saw the sign and started laughing – but the security team and stage crew later “swarmed” the area to find and destroy it.

Campos says: “When the original drummer Steven Adler came out to play his set, I held up my sign with cheers from most of the people in my section. Axl looked at my sign and started laughing and said, ‘That’s a good question!’ He seemed to appreciate the sign.

“I put the sign away during actual performances so I wouldn’t block the people behind me, only held it up between songs when the lights came on. But about 10 to 15 minutes later, while GNR were playing November Rain, our section got swarmed by security and stage crew with headsets on.”

She continues: “They went row by row asking ‘Who has the sign? Who has the Where’s Izzy sign?’ Eventually they made it to the row behind me and saw the sign tucked under my chair.

“A guy in jeans and a black shirt tapped my shoulder and said ‘Is that your sign? You need to give it to me.’ I said ‘Why? Who are you?’

“He showed a badge and said ‘I’m with the band and they’ve asked for the sign to be removed.’ I said, ‘We aren’t allowed to have signs? But I read that..’ and he cut me off and said ‘You can’t have that sign. Give it to me.’

“I gave it to him and he walked away folding and ripping it up. Axl Rose hasn’t changed a bit.”
https://www.loudersound.com/news/guns-n-roses-fan-claims-band-objected-to-where-s-izzy-sign
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed 24 May 2023 - 14:17

Caroline Campos' claim was denied by the a band representative; Ultimate Guitar, July 12 (also posted in the interview and articles section):
UG Exclusive: GN'R Deny Ordering to Destroy 'WHERE'S IZZY' Sign: 'Izzy's Family!'

In an exclusive statement released to UG, Guns N' Roses vehemently denied ordering the venue security to seize and destroy a sign saying "WHERE'S IZZY" from a woman in attendance at the band's recent show in Nashville. TN.

The band's representative tells us: "GN'R would never make this request! Izzy is family!"

So it would seem that it was the venue security and stage staff who overreacted and ripped up that sign.

And yes, this is a lot of recent GN'R updates, but the darn things keep popping up; hopefully it'll tone down a bit and you folks won't get yer titties in too much of a twist.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ug_exclusive_gnr_deny_ordering_to_destroy_wheres_izzy_sign_izzys_family.html

Last edited by Blackstar on Wed 24 May 2023 - 14:32; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed 24 May 2023 - 14:23

Caroline Campos' response; Classic Rock, July 13:
Guns N' Roses 'Where's Izzy' fan responds after band deny sign claims

Exclusive: Guns N’ Roses fan Caroline Campos claims GNR crew member Fernando Lebeis destroyed her ‘Where’s Izzy’ sign at Nashville show

By Christina O'Neill

The Guns N’ Roses fan who says her Where’s Izzy sign was destroyed by security at the band’s Nashville show has hit back after a representative for the group denied they’d made the call.

Caroline Campos purchased VIP tickets for her and her husband and travelled seven hours each way from Virginia to Tennessee’s Nissan Stadium for the gig on July 9.

She said frontman Axl Rose laughed when he saw the sign about former GNR guitarist Izzy Stradlin – similar to one featured in the video for Don’t Cry – before a security guard confiscated it and ripped it up.

A band representative told Ultimate Guitar: “GNR would never make this request. Izzy is family.”

But Campos now tells TeamRock the sign was removed by Fernando Lebeis, a member of Axl Rose’s management company Team Brazil and son of the singer’s longtime personal assistant Beta.

She says: “I saw that the band commented they had nothing to do with my sign being removed. While it’s totally possible they had nothing to do with it directly, someone sent me a message that it was ‘probably Fernando.’

“I Googled ‘Fernando Lebeis’ and immediately recognised him. I don’t want anything out of this except to tell the story of a disappointed fan and to say I am not lying. I have no reason to.”

Lebeis previously courted controversy when he was filmed pushing away a fan’s phone as he tried to take a selfie with Rose at a Q&A in London last month. A video of that incident can be viewed below.

Lebeis was also forced to deny allegations that he was instructed to ban merchandise featuring then former guitarist Slash at GNR’s Winnipeg show in 2010. An upset teenage fan faced a similar reprimand for his Slash t-shirt at the band’s London O2 Academy show in 2012 – with a witness claiming security were “told by management” to ask gig-goers to remove offending items and eject the fans if they refused.

Campos says she’s faced backlash from Guns N’ Roses fans since the incident, but insists her sign was simply a tribute to her favourite GNR video, Don’t Cry – and not a swipe at current rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus.

She adds: “I do want to try to convey that the sign wasn’t meant to be rude or malicious to the band, especially Richard Fortus.

“Asking ‘Where’s Izzy’ is not meant to insult Fortus any more than cheering for drummer Steven Adler would convey anything negative about Frank Ferrer. I made the sign as a tribute to the Don’t Cry video, where the ‘Where’s Izzy’ sign is featured for a split second.

“It’s my favourite GNR video and I tried to recreate the sign exactly. I’m not sure how anyone could take it to mean anything negative about the band.

“My husband and I paid a lot of money and drove a long way to see the band. I’m just so disappointed it happened. But I thought they all put on a great show, including Fortus.”
https://www.loudersound.com/news/guns-n-roses-where-s-izzy-fan-responds-after-band-deny-sign-claims

There was no further response from the band.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed 24 May 2023 - 14:29

Additional comments from Campos in this article (My Global Mind, July 13):
Guns N’ Roses Fan had a sign removed by security July 9th, 2016 in Nashville, Tennessee **Update**

by Adrian Hextall

[...]

To further report what happened on this evening, I spoke directly to Mrs. Campos, and she stated the following:

“We planned this thing for months and had all this anticipation and then were left with kind of a bad impression after what happened. I’ve loved Guns N’ Roses forever, and I don’t want to believe they would treat their fans like this. But I carried that sign around the VIP pre-show, where they took pics of me with it, and all around the stadium and no one from security or working for the stadium said a word. Not until after Axl saw it, and went backstage to change. That’s why I fear he was the one that asked for it, but as a fan, I hope it’s not true. If they just said someone behind me complained, I would have been happy to put it away. But he specifically said, “You can’t have THAT sign” as if the Izzy context was the problem. I was so upset about it that I wrote it down on Facebook. The next morning my brother texted me an article he saw. I had no idea it would become such an ordeal.”
https://myglobalmind.com/2016/07/13/guns-n-roses-fan-sign-removed-security-july-9th-2016-nashville-tennessee-update/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed 24 May 2023 - 15:53

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed 24 May 2023 - 16:40

More controversy related to this show: a post by "Smoking Guns" on GN'R Evolution and mygnrforum (July 16, 2016) started a rumour about Izzy being at the hotel with the band and then at soundcheck, but eventually not playing with the band:
smoking guns wrote:

This is what I posted on EVO

I just got inside info from my female friend that hung out with the band in their hotel prior to the show... Here is what she told me

1)Axl was at a country singer's house so she didn't meet

2) Izzy was at hotel and I think sound check. She said he seemed annoyed and grumpy. Says they want him to play but was in a shit mood and wasn't playing. He seemed annoyed with Adler.

3) Melissa and Frank are buddies and have taken to Adler

4) Slash is the big brother and loves Alder being there and looks out for him. She liked Slash eventhough he wouldn't let his hair down for a pic. Was very nice and seemed to care about everyone in the band.

5) She talked to Duff for a while and he told her all the stuff we know and she was impressed with how professional he was and can tell he is a business man. Duff told her how close he and Slash were to death and how he went to school and learned about business etc. Says he is the one watching the money etc

6) She liked Melissa a lot. Said she had a great personality and said Frank is so nice and accessible. Like a real cool dude.

7) She said the band is so much better today than in their glory days of drugs and booze (her opinion). She was so blown away by live Slash (we all are)

8) She said Izzy only seemed to care about Duff and didn't really talk to anyone else.

9) She met Richard too, I asked to make sure she wasn't confused. Richard was cool but didn't get to talk to him as much as the others.

The big news, IZZY IS IN THE MIX... I think he will warm up to playing soon enough.

My friend is a casual. Not hard core like us.
https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/214507-070916-nashville-tn-nissan-stadium/?do=findComment&comment=4218474

The rumour would be further fueled in 2018 when Alan Niven made a similar claim. However, there was never any more evidence supporting it; on the contrary, there was evidence contradicting it.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down