APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success?

2 posters

Go down

Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success? Empty Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success?

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Since the release of Chinese Democracy almost everybody has claimed that the record failed to live up to the anticipation. Not so weird really, the anticipation was enormous. But now, when the whole anticipation thing subsides and people can judge the record for the quality of the music rather than it's history and myth, are people's perceptions changing, are people now considering the record more of a success than a failure?

I don't know, but I was surprised to read the following today:

"What do Al Capone’s vault, the long-awaited Guns N’ Roses album Chinese Democracy and Y2K hysteria have in common? They all lived up to the hype better than last night’s Red Sox [team stats] game"
(Source: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1348879)

If my English doesn't fail me, isn't the guy saying that Chinese Democracy actually to a certain degree met the hype? If so, that's the first time I have ever read anyone stating such a thing.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success? Empty Re: Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success?

Post by Pawnshop-Sitars Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:46 pm

I don't think so...sorry. This seems more like an attempt to exaggerate how bad the game was. Basically its another way of saying 'this game was even worse than Chinese Democracy!' It's a shame, because I really like the album (love it actually) but I don't think anyone else will. Maybe in 10 years, because these things are cyclical, but I can't see it being any sooner.
Pawnshop-Sitars
Pawnshop-Sitars

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 4852

Back to top Go down

Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success? Empty Re: Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success?

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Pawnshop-Sitars wrote:I don't think so...sorry. This seems more like an attempt to exaggerate how bad the game was. Basically its another way of saying 'this game was even worse than Chinese Democracy!' It's a shame, because I really like the album (love it actually) but I don't think anyone else will. Maybe in 10 years, because these things are cyclical, but I can't see it being any sooner.

Damn it! My English skills let me down! I kinda feared it...

We'll continue this discussion on 2021 then Wink.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down