APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket

Go down

'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket Empty 'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2029144/I-Jani-Lane-Bizarre-note-dead-Warrant-singers-pocket.html

By [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Andrea Magrath]Andrea Magrath[/url]

Last updated at 3:45 PM on 23rd August 2011

A mysterious identification note was found on Warrant singer Jani Lane's person when his body was discovered. The note, written by a friend, said simply 'I am Jani Lane' and contained a phone number.

Law enforcement sources have revealed that this is not the first time such a note had been written in case someone found the rocker, who had not carried formal identification for for some time.

'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket Article-2025274-0D66282500000578-579_470x316
Mystery: An identification note was discovered on Warrant singer Jani Lane's person when his body as discovered on August 11, it was reported today

Members of Lane's family are furious that the 'friend' did not offer proper help to the 47-year-old when they were aware of his substance abuse problem, TMZ report.

TMZ also claim that the musician's Comfort Inn room was not purchased by him. It is currently unclear whether the same friend who wrote the note also booked the room.

An autopsy has been completed and results from the toxicology report will be released soon, the website reports. The death is being treated as accidental or due to natural causes and not suspicious. The star's body was found on August 11 at a Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles.

'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket Article-2025274-0D66E0C800000578-25_472x301
Lane's body was discovered at a Comfort Inn Hotel in Los Angeles

The singer was famous for his long blonde hair and skin tight leather ensembles, which embodied the glam rock eighties. During his time with Warrant Lane wrote such hits as 'Down Boys, Cherry Pie, and Heaven, which reached number one in Rolling Stone and number two on the Billboard Top 100. His Warrant bandmates paid tribute to the frontman, saying they were 'deeply saddened' by his passing. The band said: 'We are deeply saddened to hear the news of Jani's passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

'Jani was a very important part of our lives for a long time. We will always be incredibly proud of the music we created together. He was a true talent and will be missed by all of us.'

'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket Article-2029144-0D8AB83800000578-263_468x303
Rockers: Lane pictured with his Warrant bandmates in 1990

Erik Turner, the band's guitarist who also co-founded Warrant, has now revealed the group will officially pay tribute to Lane during their concert in North Dakota tonight.

Turner told TMZ.com: 'We will be making a tribute before we play the song Heaven tonight. 'We never thought that when the song 'Heaven' was written we would be playing it some day in the memory of Jani's untimely death.

'This is a very sad day for rock and roll. One of the great things about music is that it lives on forever.'

Lane had an on-off relationship with the band, leaving in 1992 before returning and quitting again several times. He left for the last time in 2008, citing writing differences.

'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket Article-2025274-0D66281900000578-494_474x700
Spirit of the eighties: Lane was famous for his striking combination of bright blonde hair and leather clothes

In a statement, the band said of his departure: 'It is with the deepest regret that we have to announce that Jani Lane will no longer be performing with Warrant. We wish Jani nothing but the best and remain friends.' Lane continued to write and sing after he left Warrant. His debut solo album Back Down to One was released in 2003. Lane's private interests included football and cooking. He enjoyed experimenting with food- a particular favourite recipe was Mexican
Lasagne. In 2005, Lane appeared on VH1 series Celebrity Fit Club. Celebrities tributes have poured in via the social networking site Twitter.

Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash tweeted: 'Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.'

Poison frontman Bret Michaels wrote: 'We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI.'

'I am Jani Lane': Bizarre note found in dead Warrant singer's pocket Article-2025274-0D68EF6A00000578-409_468x403
Touching: Warrant posted a tribute to Lane on their official website last week, along with a video of him singing Heaven

VH1’s Jennifer Gimenez said: 'It is very sad and my heart is saddened to hear the news that I lost my lovable friend Jani Lane.'

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx tweeted: 'I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.' And comic Jim Florentine wrote: 'So sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. He just taped an episode of That Metal Show 3 weeks ago and was in great spirits. RIP Buddy.' Stryper frontman Michael Sweet posted online: 'I'm still in shock... I was just sitting in a dressing room with him less than a month ago. Had I known, I would have spent more time with him.

'He was a good-hearted guy with a gentle soul. I know he had a tough life and many battles, but who doesn't? He seemed to be genuinely working so hard at sorting things out and getting things in order. It's a true shame.'

Jani is survived by his two daughters.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down