APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The Six-String Titans of the Twenty First Century: Best Modern Guitarists List

4 posters

Go down

The Six-String Titans of the Twenty First Century: Best Modern Guitarists List Empty The Six-String Titans of the Twenty First Century: Best Modern Guitarists List

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 am

I am slightly drunk and can't be arsed to copypaste, read the list here, Slash, Dj, Richard and Bumbles mentioned!: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/the-six-string-titans-of-the-twenty-first-century-best-modern-guitarists-list/9833198
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

The Six-String Titans of the Twenty First Century: Best Modern Guitarists List Empty Re: The Six-String Titans of the Twenty First Century: Best Modern Guitarists List

Post by puddledumpling Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:37 am

DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, BumblefootGuns N' Roses, Chinese Democracy

DJ, Richard, and Bumblefoot keep the dream alive by nailing the classic tunes by GnR live and innovative Chinese Democracy numbers.

It seems so weird to see a nod published for the new gnr guitar lineup. Wish it was fleshed out a bit more - this reads like an afterthought or token gesture and GNR and Chi Dem are listed like two separate projects... and so they are.

I'm only familiar with some of the list. Seems a bit fluffy but OK.

This one below made me smile, Mike is from my area and I watched him and Staind bassist Johnny April in their Glamorous formative years. Johnny's a trooper and a no nonsense team player - any band would be glad to have him in the lineup. He's been in some great bands before this one. Good on Mike for ditching the image stuff to just play music. It got him into Staind and on this list! At least Mike got some adjective abuse, unlike DJ, Richard and Ron.

Mike Mushok, StaindStaind

Mike Mushok infuses airtight shredding into detuned guttural grooves on
Staind's self-titled masterpiece. He oscillates between unnerving,
unique rhythms and gut-wrenchingly catchy solos. Walking his own path,
Mushok continually blurs the line seamlessly between mainstream and
metal.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6705

Back to top Go down

The Six-String Titans of the Twenty First Century: Best Modern Guitarists List Empty Re: The Six-String Titans of the Twenty First Century: Best Modern Guitarists List

Post by Johan Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:30 pm

If they wanted to praise the guitarists on ChiDem then they should have mentioned Buckethead & Finck.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7420

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Johan wrote:If they wanted to praise the guitarists on ChiDem then they should have mentioned Buckethead & Finck.

and Tobias

Plectra : 5409

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down