APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.10.02 - Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2011.10.02 - Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011.10.02 - Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:35 am

Why are you saying it is not his fault? Axl himself clearly was angry with himself when forgetting the words during Patience. I think you are talking out of your ass.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

2011.10.02 - Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011.10.02 - Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Post by DanyYo Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 am

Hahaha Of course I'm talking through my ass. But sarcastically lol My statement about whose fault it is, is supposed to mean exactly the opposite. Of course it's Axl's fault. And nothing excuses him. I'm not saying that the others were faultless throughout the whole concert but they obviously rehearsed more.

DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6305

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:00 am

But no one, not even Axl, is claiming he wasn't at fault for his mistakes. You are arguing as if Axl has claimed someone else was at fault or that people have tried to make up excuses for his faults.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 am

I'm arguing & claiming nothing. Just stating my opinion. Out of my ass as usual lol. I love GN'R but that doesn't mean I'd worship any of them. I'm past this stage.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 am

So what stage are you in? The always being critical-stage? Because when it comes to GN'R you only seem to bash. This is a fan forum, try to make it that way.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:56 pm

No, I don't only bash GN'R - I don't remember being critical in connection to Ron, Duff, Bucket, Izzy or Ferre. I just state my opinion. It may be not objective, it's critical mostly and not original in the least. And it's surely not valid. But that's what I think. Don't expect me to be a hypocrate 'cause I'm not. If I like something, I'd say so. Unfortunately there's not much positive that can be said about this particular GN'R performance. And concerning fans - there are fans & fans. I guess I'm not the best example of a GN'R fan, but I'm what I am.
By the way if I'm too critical or nasty, you can always take plectras or delete posts. I don't mind that Smile
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Nah, I have no problems with critical posts at all and don't like censoring. But if any member ONLY bash and NEVER post anything positive then that member doesn't come across as a fan and I would question the value of having that member here at AFD.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:49 pm

You'll make me go back to freaking newgnr in the end lol
Seriously now: As an Administrator you can do what you consider right. I don't have problem with that either.
OK here's something positive for you. I have to admit, I like this solo. It's not the most original guitar work I've heard but it's fresh, it's lively, it's new, there should be more material like this sfhaetdj

That doesn't mean that Ashaba is not a commercial asshole of course.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Review from "Manets" from gunsnfnroses.com:

I left my city at 8AM and went to the International Airport of Viracopos, near the capital.
I saw lots of Guns N' Roses fans and lots of children! I was impressed, parents with GNR t-shirts taking their 10 year children with GNR t-shirts to the concert.
I saw a kid with NuGNR t-shirt that was very excited, he was his mom, that was wearing an OldGNR t-shirt. You can notice the change of generations!
At 11AM I arrived at Rio and walked to the hotel, let stuff there and went to the airport.
Had a quick lunch there and found Eduardo! He gave me a present, a GNR flag! Haha
Our bus was supposed to leave at 1PM, but we got a earlier one and at 1PM we were already there.
Buy the Rock in Rio Bus ticket was the best thing we did, it left us right in the front of the City of Rock, after kilometers (literally) of queue.
When we got in the City of Rock we took a few pictures and went to the stage area.
We were not that close. We sitted and waited. Almost everyone was sitted, and I started to talk to people, but poor Eduardo, he couldn't undertand hehe
Then, out of nowhere, someone screamed "GET UP! GET UP! QUICKLY"
And people started to run like crazy to the stage, if we were still sitted we would get hurt.
And well, as everyone was on feet now, the stage was close. But not closer enough...

After many hours, the first brazilian band. They were great, very exciting show.
Second brazilian band, lame. That girl is an idiot. When the crowd asked for water all she said was "You guys are in pain over there? After the concert I'll enjoy my beer at the backstage!"
Idiot.
There were lots of problems regarding food and water. I took 5 sandwiches and 5 GU Energy Gel. And also 2 Gatorade and 1,2L of water. But it was still hard. Managed to buy another 7 cups of water during the concert, but wasn't enough. It's hard to stay 15 hours on the stage area.
Then Evanescence. Amy Lee sang very well, it's a shame all Evanescence sound the same thing. And they all suck, apart for one or two.
And then System Of A Down.
God, WHY? It's the worst thing I've ever seen in my whole life!
Ridiculous band, singer, fans. Retarded fans, jumping around like monkeys on their moshpits. That's not the problem, I like some Metal bands, but SOAD is retarded. RETARDED BAND, retarded fans, retarded singer, but no one is more retarded than the ridiculous guitarist. And it NEVER FUCKING ENDED!
The only good thing about the System Of A Down concert was that we managed to get on the fence. When people were jumping around, as we were only walking, we managed to walk throw people, and then, there we were.
After some other shits they played it ended.
Time for Guns N' Roses stage set up. Or should I say Guns N' Roses stage marathon...

We begged for some rain the whole day. And when it finally started it was a bless, but after 5 minutes "OK, that's enough, you can stop now!"
But it didn't stop. Ever.

Eduardo and I were on the fence and we saw all the stage being set up for Guns N' Roses.
It was the biggest set, and the rain was such a big problem.

I saw Fernando running around with his umbrella. He even looked to me when I called him once, but didn't come talk to me.
Del James was also there running around like crazy. But no one had more problems than the LCD guy, the one who puts the LCD with the lyrics.
That guy probably went check each LCD about 5 times, covering it with plastic, setting up the wires, and everything.
And also a guy with a hat, I think it's the Tour Manager. Poor him, he ran a marathon.
Seriously, all the time Guns N' Roses was not on the stage yet there was someone there setting something up.
Cleaning ladies everywhere taking out water, and everything.
Many people left because of the rain.
My dad even sent me a message saying he wanted to leave!

I have a friend who works on the Rock in Rio crew, he said that because of the rain it was much harder to set the stage to Guns N' Roses.
Fucking rain...
I was all wet, and it was very cold. So I was wet, cold, thirsty, hungry, and tired. But I gave 100% the whole concert.
Then... Guns N' Roses time.
The General was the intro, I didn't know if they were gonna play it or not, but it was still an awesome intro.
And then Chinese Democracy intro.

While Guns N' Roses stage was being set, I heard lot of people saying "Everytime this maniac comes to play is this fucking shit!", "Fuck you, Axl, stop being an asshole!"
But when the Chinese Democracy intro, all this people were screaming a lot! Everyone was very pumped and excited, and suddenly all the pain went away.
Then I saw Axl.
I'll never forget the scene of him getting on stage. It was no big deal, but it was epic for me.
Just him walking, on his Gucci rain coat...
Anyway, Chinese Democracy was great. Followed by Welcome To The Jungle?
Jesus Christ, we fucking jumped more than the SOAD fans on any SOAD song, it was AMAZING.
It's So Easy, Mr Brownstone, cool, cool.
Between almost every song people chanted GUNS N' ROSES.
Because you guys have no idea how amazing was thing over there on the crowd, there are no words to describe.
Then Sorry... It's a great song, but it was fantastic live! Axl sang it in front of Eduardo and I, and the faces he did, the emotion he put on the lyrics.
Amazing. There was even an AXL chant after it.
Live and Let Die, Rocket Queen, This I love were normal. I mean, everyone singing (even This I Love. Actually, I was impressed as everyone around knew the lyrics of the Chinese Democracy songs). DJ Ashba solo was great, but I got tired of it. Anyway, Sweet Child O' Mine was awesome, specially the ending. Crowd was awesome.

Then Estranged... The highlight.
I couldn't believe they were playing it. I never screamed so much on my whole life, and I think the same goes for everyone there.
People sang it with the heart. And the band performance was the best thing I've ever seen by Guns N' Roses. No words to describe the feeling of seeing it live in front of me.
Then the Beta joke. I thought he was about to make a speech, but it was just a joke. Axl was very funny on that night. Ron too, we all lol'd when he gave the heart to Axl. It was so funny! haha And during November Rain Axl made some funny faces to Tommy that the the camera didn't catch. Tommy laughed a lot, and they were also talking and laughing, but I don't know about what.
Better was great too, but it was obviously overshadowed Estranged.
Street of Dreams was great, everyone sang it, and You Could Be Mine was very exciting, everyone jumping around and singing.

November Rain was great, very good performance. I noticed Axl got some mistakes, but we just thought he was just tired,
Anyway, Knockin’ On Heavens Door. I think it was the performance of this song ever! I expected a speech, but it was great even without it. Axl whistled during it, he never did that, did he?
Nightrain, just as You Could Be Mine.

Well, I don't know when something happened, nor what happened, but something did happen. I saw Axl talking to Beta during one of the solos, he was like of explaining something, and was also angry and disapointed. He shrugged a few times while talking to Beta, like "I don't believe it" or "What can I do?"

Patience was very good, everyone sang it, and I lol'd when Axl said "Yeah, I don't know Patience", and I thought his good humor was back. Paradise City proved me wrong though.
The performance was outstading, and it was very exciting on the crowd, but Axl, although
He sang well, was not happy with something.
Then a final GUNS N' ROSES chant, and when I was already leaving Ron came in front of the stage, walking very slowly, and raised his hand.
Everyone cheered and applauded him.

Well, let me sum up: Best concert of my life, superb performance on every single song.

They cut:
TWAT, If The World, Prostitute, My Michelle, IRS, Shackler's Revenge, Out Ta Get Me, Oh My God, Going Down, Catcher In The Rye, Madagascar, Scraped, Riff Raff, Wholle Lotta Rosie, Nice Boys, Used To Love Her and Think About You.
Blame the rain. Seriously. Rock in Rio has a prefecture curfew, and the rain made the stage set up a hard marathon that took more than an hour.
Even with many problems, they managed to put on an amazing performance. After the concert everyone was impressed. Axl Rose is the king of Rock in Rio.

Can't wait for the next concerts. I hope they can play some songs they had to cut.

Well, it was the best concert I've ever been to.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:51 pm

And from "EduardoGNR" at gunsnfroses.com:

I was sunburnt like everywhere, legs, hands, arms and feet. Any body contact especially pogos and moshpits were extremely painful so Evanescense and SOAD were a real torture for me. Evanescense sounded like she played the same song 15 times and SOAD was pure metal noise, and completely stupid, one of their final lyrics went My cock is bigger than yours. You love my cock and I love you or some shit like that. It was endless indeed. I don't understand how they have so many fans.

Rain was somehow a bless since the heat was unbearable, although it might have limited Axl's performance.

I did enjoy the GNR show very much and when I got to the hotel was very surprised to read at mygnr titles such as "THE RIO DISASTER", I shall watch the show in video and see what they mean, cause enjoying the show live was superb, and definitely the best GNR concert out of the three I have attended to.

And of course Estranged was the big surprise, it made the 1800km I travelled to Rio totally worth it. it's the long-time-no-played-song I was looking forward for the most.

Lucas you were a great company man. This guy managed to get an incredible ammount of fresh water, when everyone was desperate for it . kudos xd.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:32 pm

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=164490

The publicist for GUNS N' ROSES has released the following official statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the reports that the band was two hours late in taking the stage at this year's Rock In Rio festival on October 2 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil:

"GUNS N' ROSES would like to set the record straight on Rock In Rio. The festival's inadequate production and the downpour of rain delayed the event. Anyone who was there knows that SYSTEM OF A DOWN did not leave the stage until close to 1:15 in the morning. SYSTEM's extensive stage production did not finish coming offstage until 1:45 a.m. GN'R's production was up and ready to go at 2:15 a.m. Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] got to the venue before 1 a.m. and he came ready to go onstage. The inadequate cover of the Rock In Rio stage caused a further delay when the soundboard went down due to water damage and was replaced as quick as possible. GN'R walked onstage at 2:40 a.m. and played for two-and-a-half hours in the pouring rain. GN'R would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans."

Thanks to NewGNRnOldGNR for reporting this over at mygnrforum.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Soulmonster wrote:http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=164490

The publicist for GUNS N' ROSES has released the following official statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the reports that the band was two hours late in taking the stage at this year's Rock In Rio festival on October 2 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil:

"GUNS N' ROSES would like to set the record straight on Rock In Rio. The festival's inadequate production and the downpour of rain delayed the event. Anyone who was there knows that SYSTEM OF A DOWN did not leave the stage until close to 1:15 in the morning. SYSTEM's extensive stage production did not finish coming offstage until 1:45 a.m. GN'R's production was up and ready to go at 2:15 a.m. Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] got to the venue before 1 a.m. and he came ready to go onstage. The inadequate cover of the Rock In Rio stage caused a further delay when the soundboard went down due to water damage and was replaced as quick as possible. GN'R walked onstage at 2:40 a.m. and played for two-and-a-half hours in the pouring rain. GN'R would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans."

Thanks to NewGNRnOldGNR for reporting this over at mygnrforum.

That statement would have been fine if they hadn't posted the following on Facebook earlier and been notorious for starting late shows:

Guns N' Roses
Love it Hate it Accept it Debate it - You want 8 o'clock shows go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or hit a cinema somewhere.. or you wanna be informed go catch the 10 o'clock news.. this is Rock N' Roll! Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you "normally" do the next day. Oh and remember before you get high and never want to come down. "you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me!" This is Guns N'Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite. Looking forward to sharing that with rockers soon! http://bit.ly/nU1iJR

I mean, you can't have it both ways. Either you don't try to explain the reason for being late on circumstances beyond your control or you don't brag about it all being rock and roll.

I assume the publicist is Del James and the guy responsible for the Facebook message being Fernando Lebeis. I wonder what Axl has in all of this because it is a bit messy.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Don't try to find much logic in GN'R management.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Backstage during the concert:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:21 am

Updated first post with quote from Bumbles.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:57 am

Oh God. Probably I would say Rock In Rio [has been the best venue I've played]. I don't remember how many hundreds of thousands of people were in the crowd but it was just electrifying. It was so intense. The whole entire crowd was jumping and and there was bomb fires going off and it was insane. The energy was so intense.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2