APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.10.01 - Forbes - Who Is The Greatest Lead Singer Ever? (Slash)

Go down

2018.10.01 - Forbes - Who Is The Greatest Lead Singer Ever? (Slash) Empty 2018.10.01 - Forbes - Who Is The Greatest Lead Singer Ever? (Slash)

Post by Blackstar Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:22 am

Who Is The Greatest Lead Singer Ever? Slash, Tom Morello, Patti Smith, More Make Their Picks

Steve Baltin Contributor

Who is the greatest front person of all time in music? It's an almost impossible question to answer. Depending on who you ask it could be Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant, the Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger, Prince. Talk to a lot of people these days and you hear votes for Queen's Freddie Mercury as the archetypal lead singer. A great showman, a masterful voice, charismatic, hard working.
Mercury is a great choice. But so is Plant, the lead singer of the band that best defined rock stardom. The list of candidates is endless. The choice is so difficult that you talk to some of the biggest rock stars in the world and most of them cannot pick one.
I spoke to 14 musicians from all different genres, all different eras. Some iconic frontmen, like Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong, System Of A Down's Serj Tankian and Foreigner's Lou Gramm, and some iconic guitar players, like Tom Morello and Slash, who have shared the stage with some of the great vocalists. And the answers were often fascinating and unexpected. One thing you will see, the question is as hard to answer as you think.

[...]

Slash
I’d have to give it to Mick Jagger and James Brown, and I know they’re very much related, but both those guys were so committed. And then Michael [Jackson]. Axl [Rose] is one of the best frontmen of all time too. They’re so committed to the show and so aware of how important that dynamic is.

[...]

-----------------
Read the rest of the article here:
https://tinyurl.com/ydhpe3u5
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down