APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Do we have any concrete dates for GN'R sessions and/or video filming dates?

3 posters

Go down

Do we have any concrete dates for GN'R sessions and/or video filming dates? Empty Do we have any concrete dates for GN'R sessions and/or video filming dates?

Post by Wilco Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Like, when you look up every Stones record, it's pretty certain when each song was recorded - even if said song was recorded over a period of days to weeks. Like, down to the exact time frames.

Do we have anything of that for GN'R?

For example, we can surmise that Since I Don't Have You was recorded in March of 1993, since Axl, Slash etc all made reference to quickly recording it in a cheap studio in Boston while they were playing there; they played near Boston in March 1993.

But what about say, Sympathy for the Devil? It came out in November 1994, news articles begin trickling out that GN'R had recorded it in October 1994, but Axl said in his 1996 fax that Slash hadn't been involved with GN'R musically since APRIL 1994.

Similarly with videos. In Axl and Slash's January 3rd 1994 interview they discuss potentially making a video for Since I Don't Have You. By late February, it was out.

And still similarily, do we have any idea when stuff like The Making of Estranged - the interview clips - were shot? The Making Of video didn't come out until April 1994, but the actual music video debuted in December 1994
Wilco
Wilco

Plectra : 1453

Back to top Go down

Do we have any concrete dates for GN'R sessions and/or video filming dates? Empty Re: Do we have any concrete dates for GN'R sessions and/or video filming dates?

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:13 am

Wilco wrote:Like, when you look up every Stones record, it's pretty certain when each song was recorded - even if said song was recorded over a period of days to weeks. Like, down to the exact time frames.

Do we have anything of that for GN'R?

For example, we can surmise that Since I Don't Have You was recorded in March of 1993, since Axl, Slash etc all made reference to quickly recording it in a cheap studio in Boston while they were playing there; they played near Boston in March 1993.

But what about say, Sympathy for the Devil? It came out in November 1994, news articles begin trickling out that GN'R had recorded it in October 1994, but Axl said in his 1996 fax that Slash hadn't been involved with GN'R musically since APRIL 1994.

Similarly with videos. In Axl and Slash's January 3rd 1994 interview they discuss potentially making a video for Since I Don't Have You. By late February, it was out.

And still similarily, do we have any idea when stuff like The Making of Estranged - the interview clips - were shot? The Making Of video didn't come out until April 1994, but the actual music video debuted in December 1994

Good question. We do have a lot of this information, but I don't think it has been organized so it is easy to look up. I should probably add this information to relevant chapters in my history section, to have it there.

zombux has made a great effort to summarize all studio recordings, you can see it here: https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220883-guns-n-roses-related-studio-sessions-a-definitive-collection-of-available-info/

As for dates for specific recordings/video shoots, I suppose you can just ask in the relevant threads (we have threads for each song), and @Blackstar and I will try to help Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

Do we have any concrete dates for GN'R sessions and/or video filming dates? Empty Re: Do we have any concrete dates for GN'R sessions and/or video filming dates?

Post by ludurigan Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:59 am

oh man I wish GN'R recordings sessions were as well documented as Stones

and I wish specially that there were as many GN'R recordings sessions in circulation as there are Stones ones!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5504

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down