APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2009.05.04 - Stereokill - No Sorum On Slash Solo Album

Go down

2009.05.04 - Stereokill - No Sorum On Slash Solo Album Empty 2009.05.04 - Stereokill - No Sorum On Slash Solo Album

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:32 am

No Sorum on Slash solo album

Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum has stated that he will not appear on bandmate Slash’s upcoming solo album:

" He hasn’t asked me. You know, he’s got Jason Bonham playing on it, and Travis Barker, and I think he wants to, kind of, separate himself and do his own thing and that’s cool. I mean when he first did Slash’s Snakepit, I told him years ago that I thought it might be a good idea for him to bring in different singers and do that kind of thing, when we did the first Snakepit album way back when. Now he’s doing it, and I think it’s a good time for him to explore other styles of music because he’s such a great guitar player. He’s lent his guitar playing to so many great artists like everyone from Iggy Pop to Dylan, and he’s played with Michael Jackson. I mean he’s played with everybody. So to ask a favor back for him, it’s a big thing for Slash and I’m really excited for him."

You know what, I really like Sorum. He comes across as an amiable, salt-of-the-earth character, and his contributions to Indie 103.1’s Camp Freddy Radio were always entertaining.

On another note, it’s strange to think of Travis Barker recording with Slash. Both are undeniably talented and respected musicians, but they seem like an odd pair. Then again, Barker did perform Jane’s Addiction’s “Mountain Song” with Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro and Flea last year; Barker’s branching out these days.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090515041200/http://www.stereokill.net/2009/05/no-sorum-on-slash-solo-album/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down