APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Look Away - a new documentary about rock music and how the industry fostered a culture of aggressive sexual behaviour

3 posters

Go down

Look Away - a new documentary about rock music and how the industry fostered a culture of aggressive sexual behaviour Empty Look Away - a new documentary about rock music and how the industry fostered a culture of aggressive sexual behaviour

Post by Soulmonster Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:32 am

Now and then people discuss whether the #metoo movement will catch up with old rock stars and the lives they led back in the 60s to 80s. Look Away is another movie that might start something, but likely won't. In the description of the movie, Axl is briefly mentioned. One woman accuses him of being violent. Might be the same woman who has made similar allegations before, I don't know. Regardless, one swallow does not a summer make.

You can read about the movie here: https://news.sky.com/story/steven-tyler-axl-rose-and-lots-and-lots-of-others-rock-stars-and-the-abuse-hidden-in-plain-sight-12403960
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

Look Away - a new documentary about rock music and how the industry fostered a culture of aggressive sexual behaviour Empty Re: Look Away - a new documentary about rock music and how the industry fostered a culture of aggressive sexual behaviour

Post by Blackstar Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:55 am

The same woman was interviewed here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3430098/Former-Penthouse-Pet-Year-live-lover-Bob-Guccione-tells-drugged-Axl-Rose-grabbed-hair-dragged-carpet-tied-hands-sex-said-sorry.html

She has also released a book that contains parts of the story that she didn't include in the interview.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down

Look Away - a new documentary about rock music and how the industry fostered a culture of aggressive sexual behaviour Empty Re: Look Away - a new documentary about rock music and how the industry fostered a culture of aggressive sexual behaviour

Post by ludurigan Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:02 pm

This is a heavy subject. Axl seems to have quite a history of being accused of beating women, mistreating women, and there is even a rape accusation from the early days, isn't there?

This woman story seems 100% legit to me.

Regarding #metoo, apparently rock stars didn't need to do what Harvey Weinstein did -- put a woman in a position where she felt forced to have sex with him -- because they simply had too many hot women throwing themselves at them all day long and all night long as well.

But of course that is just one part of the equation. Even a guy who has as many women as he wants can be violent and abusive etc
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5504

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:14 am

I haven't been able to watch the documentary, since it's not available outside the UK.

However, judging from what I've read about it, I don't think it has much to offer, since, although its creators say there are a lot of stories, it eventually presents only already publicised stories about Axl, Steven Tyler (who are the two rockstars usually singled out in this context, even though there have been many others) and Kim Fowley (who is dead).

Although Sheila Kennedy's story sounds believable, comparing what I've read she said in the documentary to how she has recounted it in her book, I find some inconsistencies that raise questions.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down