APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Question about the name Guns And Roses? ????

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Question about the name Guns And Roses? ???? Empty Re: Question about the name Guns And Roses? ????

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:21 pm

I think it simply sounded better.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

Question about the name Guns And Roses? ???? Empty Re: Question about the name Guns And Roses? ????

Post by Blackstar Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:46 pm

According to Tracii Guns:

The initial idea with Axl was “Hey, let’s just write and record and we’ll go out and play new songs.” And somehow we came up with the name Guns and Rose, which was just his last name and my last name. And then within five minutes Axl’s like, “Nah, man, Guns and Roses.” And I’m like, “Yeah, that’s a great band name.”
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Soulmonster and Karice like this post

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Uli Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:29 am

Karice wrote:Why is it called Guns and Roses when Axl Rose is the ONLY Rose?

Actually back in the day it was Duff 'Rose' McKagan - in his book Duff mentions that he and Axl (when they had similar hair cuts) were called "the Rose brothers". Cool

Recently I re-watched parts of "Terminator II" and had to laugh at the scene when Arnie walks in with a bouquet of roses and is hiding a gun in it, clearly a reference to GN'R. XD
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9484

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down