APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Looking for people who were around 84-93

3 posters

Go down

Looking for people who were around 84-93 Empty Looking for people who were around 84-93

Post by Dunken71 Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:08 pm

Hi!

I´m putting together a book of sorts, kinda like "Please kill me", about GNR. Looking for people who had interactions w them, saw them live, worked at clubs, photographed them etc.
Throughout the years I´ve interviewed Slash, Adler, Gilby, Alan Niven, Nigel Dick, Vicky Hamilton and several others.
Book´s gonna be in Swedish.

Cheers/Niclas
Dunken71
Dunken71

Plectra : 781

Soulmonster and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Looking for people who were around 84-93 Empty Re: Looking for people who were around 84-93

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:38 pm

Oh, that's really cool. You might want to post on mygnrforum.com, which is a much larger forum than A4D, to reach more people.

Best of luck!! And I can read Swedish, so I will look forward to it Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

Looking for people who were around 84-93 Empty Re: Looking for people who were around 84-93

Post by Dunken71 Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Cool. I will.
Dunken71
Dunken71

Plectra : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:01 am

If I were you I would try to contact Brando from the podcast Appetite For Distortion. He has done A LOT of interviews with people connected to GN'R and he may (or may not) give you some tips
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5504

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:05 am

Dunken71 wrote:Hi!

I´m putting together a book of sorts, kinda like "Please kill me", about GNR. Looking for people who had interactions w them, saw them live, worked at clubs, photographed them etc.
Throughout the years I´ve interviewed Slash, Adler, Gilby, Alan Niven, Nigel Dick, Vicky Hamilton and several others.
Book´s gonna be in Swedish.

Cheers/Niclas

That would be a dream book to read, specially the early days (1980-1986) and the rise to the top (1987-1991)

If I were you I would try and talk to each and every person mentioned in Marc Canter's book Reckless Road

There are lot of names in the book and I am sure that once you start talking to some of them they will give you more contacts to expand the stories

I love Please Kill Me, it is such a terrific book specially because the same story is told in opposite ways by different people, it is so amusing to read the different (and opposite) ways that people tell the same (usually amusing) story

Best of luck and if you need any help please let me know!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5504

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down