APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA

3 posters

Go down

1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Empty 1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Date:
November 1, 1987.

Venue:
Mobile Municipal Auditorium.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Out Ta Get Me
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. My Michelle
05. Welcome to the Jungle
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1987.11.04.
1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1987.11.01.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Empty Re: 1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:34 am

Matt Wake wrote:[...]

The one GNR song Marsili can remember sounding strong was the explosive "Welcome to the Jungle." That's the same tune that won over Shaw High School student Lori Wilson Driver, a week earlier during the band's Nov. 3 Mobile Municipal Arena set. "And I thought, 'That's like an anthem for life,'" Driver says.

Now a Gulf Shores resident, Driver still listens to "Welcome to the Jungle" on the regular. The song is on the playlist she listens to while training for half marathons. During her time in Charlotte working a particularly challenging management job, she'd listen to the song driving to work, "because I felt like I was heading into a jungle every day." At GNR's '87 Mobile show, Driver wore an outfit that included white studded cowgirl boots and acid-wash denim skirt.

"I probably used a can of White Rain before I left the house because my bangs were teased up to the top of the Mobile Civic Center," she says. "We all had big hair. That was the order of the day." At the concert, she slipped on the 10,000-capacity arena's stairs, bruising her tailbone. Her date bought her a Motley Crue tee that curiously omits Mobile from the tour dates listed on the shirt's back. She recalls the venue was full of cigarette smoke and many fans were drinking from booze bottles they'd smuggled in. "There was no security back then. Someone might have looked at you but you didn't go through an X-ray or any kind of metal detector."

[...]

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/07/guns_n_roses_appetite_for_dest_2.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Empty Re: 1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA

Post by Shackler Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:31 am

1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Poster10
1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Ticket10

I found these on Troccoli's website. I suppose they're for a different gig - I've never seen this poster, let alone heard of this gig. I also found a bunch of other posters/fliers with dates that I haven't had documented, maybe you guys should check it out further? Could be some interesting stuff on there.
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2693

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Shackler wrote:1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Poster10
1987.11.03 - Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile, USA Ticket10

I found these on Troccoli's website. I suppose they're for a different gig - I've never seen this poster, let alone heard of this gig. I also found a bunch of other posters/fliers with dates that I haven't had documented, maybe you guys should check it out further? Could be some interesting stuff on there.

Thanks Shackler! We have been using Troccoli's archive quite a bit, but probably not entirely systmatically and there is still info to be found there.

I can't remember this gig and it is not in my database, but since the ticket stub is there I see no reason to doubt it took place. What do you think, @Blackstar?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down