APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl now has a webpage

3 posters

Go down

Axl now has a webpage Empty Axl now has a webpage

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:45 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76621

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Axl now has a webpage Empty Re: Axl now has a webpage

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:42 pm

Interesting development. I wonder what he's up to.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87576

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:21 am

He seems to be up to trying to convince people that he is the "PRIMARY SONGWRITER IN GUNS N' ROSES"

This is a new low for W. Axl Rose
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5456

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:25 am

"Stay up to date with the latest news and turn up the volume, feel the Axl Rose vibe"

Do you guys reckon that AI wrote this?

at least this is not offensive, just hysterically silly
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:29 am

The site has been launched and is operated by Live Nation :

https://www.officialaxlrose.com/privacy-policy

And it's been designed by this marketing company:

https://theskylineagency.com/

There are also links to an official Instagram account (Axl has actually had it since 2012, but never used it) as well as to a TikTok account (I guess that one was created recently, probably by the same company that set up the website).

Regarding the “you gotta learn to live and run, or you’ll die trying” quote:

It looks like that's just a fake quote taken from this scam book related website/app:

https://www.bookey.app/quote-author/axl-rose

The quotes and everything else on that page is obviously AI generated (there are also similar fake quote pages for Slash and Duff on the same website).

It seems that whoever from Live Nation or that Skyline Agency company is responsible for the text content on the Axl website doesn't know much about Axl/GN'R and didn't do a proper research, but just googled and lifted a quote from one of the sites they came across.

So it doesn't seem Axl has been involved in the creation of the content. Probably the site is still under development.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Uli and ludurigan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:52 am

Blackstar wrote:The site has been launched and is operated by Live Nation :

https://www.officialaxlrose.com/privacy-policy

And it's been designed by this marketing company:

https://theskylineagency.com/

There are also links to an official Instagram account (Axl has actually had it since 2012, but never used it) as well as to a TikTok account (I guess that one was created recently, probably by the same company that set up the website).

Regarding the “you gotta learn to live and run, or you’ll die trying” quote:

It looks like that's just a fake quote taken from this scam book related website/app:

https://www.bookey.app/quote-author/axl-rose

The quotes and everything else on that page is obviously AI generated (there are also similar fake quote pages for Slash and Duff on the same website).

It seems that whoever from Live Nation or that Skyline Agency company is responsible for the text content on the Axl website doesn't know much about Axl/GN'R and didn't do a proper research, but just googled and lifted a quote from one of the sites they came across.

So it doesn't seem Axl has been involved in the creation of the content. Probably the site is still under development.

You are amazing. There is more proper info on your message than on the entire W. Axl Rose website. Thank you!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 am

ludurigan wrote:
You are amazing. There is more proper info on your message than on the entire W. Axl Rose website. Thank you!
A lot of the info comes from the related discussion on mygnr Smile
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 am

Ha! I thought you had done all this research in like 5 minutes! Love it anyway! Very Happy
ludurigan
ludurigan

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 am

ludurigan wrote:He seems to be up to trying to convince people that he is the "PRIMARY SONGWRITER IN GUNS N' ROSES"

I think if you look across all albums, including Chinese Democracy, and do the calculations, you will find that he is technically the primary songwriter.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:17 am

Soulmonster wrote:
ludurigan wrote:He seems to be up to trying to convince people that he is the "PRIMARY SONGWRITER IN GUNS N' ROSES"

I think if you look across all albums, including Chinese Democracy, and do the calculations, you will find that he is technically the primary songwriter.

I think this is not accurate.

I am only considering Appetite, Lies and Illusions.

I am not familiar with CD songwriting credits and -- as you probably know -- I don't think that is a GN'R album. I also don't think that anything released after CD (Hardskool , etc) is "Guns n' Roses"

There are three main songwriters in Guns n' Roses: Axl, Izzy and Slash. And there is Duff who also writes -- I believe he is the one songwriter in the band that can be called a "secondary" songwriter.

I don't think that it is possible to say that there is (just) one "primary songwriter" in the band. Specially not Axl. Why? because Axl rarely writes music (by music I mean everything that is played on the instruments). He mostly writes lyrics and vocal melodies. And he is not the only one who does that. Several lyrics and vocal melodies in the band were written by Izzy (mostly) and Duff.

By all accounts Axl hasn't written any "music" in Guns n' Roses except for his well known songs -- November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, My World... maybe a few more? I believe he wrote the music for One in a Million, right? And at least a part of (maybe the intro?) for Dead Horse? What else?

By all accounts, the "music" for every other song was NOT written by Axl. It was mostly written by Izzy and Slash -- and also Duff

It is very possible -- I would say VERY LIKELY -- that Axl helped with the "music" in each and every song in the Guns n' Roses catalog. There is a well known example in November Rain where he asked Matt Sorum to do a particular drum fill through the entire song etc. I have no evidence about that but I would bet that Axl did that for each and every song in the Guns n' Roses catalog.

But it is very possible -- I would also say VERY LIKELY -- that all the other three songwriters also did the EXACT SAME THING. This is what songwriters do in bands

But helping here and there is not being "the primary songwriter". There are several songs where Axl, by all accounts, had little or no hand in writing -- even for lyrics and vocal melodies.

So, yeah, I don't think that is accurate

Guns n' Roses is (was?) not the type of band that has a "primary songwriter". Other bands have this. Not GN'R;

Andy McCoy was the primary songwriter in Hanoi Rocks

Sting was the primary songwriter in The Police

Dee Dee Ramone was the primary songwriter in the Ramones

Phil Lynott was the primary songwriter in Thin Lizzy

Axl Rose was never the primary songwriter in Guns n' Roses. He was one of three
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 am

ludurigan wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:

I am only considering Appetite, Lies and Illusions

I stopped reading already here because obviously we are talking about different things. I am talking about the music released by the band Guns N' Roses, you are talking about the albums by that band that you like.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:05 am

Soulmonster wrote:
ludurigan wrote:

Soulmonster wrote:

I am only considering Appetite, Lies and Illusions

I stopped reading already here because obviously we are talking about different things. I am talking about the music released by the band Guns N' Roses, you are talking about the albums by that band that you like.

Ha! Come on!

Very Happy
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum