APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

New music to be premiered in Europe this summer? - FALSE

+2
puddledumpling
Soulmonster
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New music to be premiered in Europe this summer? - FALSE Empty New music to be premiered in Europe this summer? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Mystic message from Tommy in his recent blog post:

Now I must start getting my shit together for the European GNR tour. I’ll be looking forward to working up some new long over due GNR rock soon. See y’all on the road!
Does it mean working on a new record or preparing new songs for the tour or something else? Suspect

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

New music to be premiered in Europe this summer? - FALSE Empty Re: New music to be premiered in Europe this summer? - FALSE

Post by puddledumpling Sun May 06, 2012 2:32 am

yes, Yes, YES, Oh Yessss!
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6705

Back to top Go down

New music to be premiered in Europe this summer? - FALSE Empty Re: New music to be premiered in Europe this summer? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 08, 2012 1:50 pm

From GN'R's Facebook page:

Dialing in on 5-11 - who is ready for something that they haven't had yet?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Wed May 09, 2012 1:15 am

Unleash the Dogs of W.A.R.!
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Soulmonster wrote:From GN'R's Facebook page:

Dialing in on 5-11 - who is ready for something that they haven't had yet?

I hope this means more than playing Anything Goes live Wink
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7420

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun May 13, 2012 9:59 pm

The Moscow fans did get a couple of songs they haven't heard live before, but I interpreted that post as meaning something completely new...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Haters Gonna Hate Tue May 15, 2012 1:09 am

No probably a old AFD or Illusion song
Haters Gonna Hate
Haters Gonna Hate

Plectra : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 7:21 am

I'm still warily optimistic about a positive surprise on the 17th.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue May 15, 2012 10:42 am

Usually there are first some let downs, by playing a standard set, with a couple of shows later suprise songs after all.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 10:59 am

I can live with that Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Tue May 15, 2012 4:18 pm

I would rather anything new be released on cd, vinyl, etc and not played live first.

Plectra : 5409

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue May 15, 2012 4:20 pm

In a normal band situation, yes. But with GNR everything new is a plus. It's like with the leaks: i'm not going to listen to leaks if I know an album is imminent. With GNR an album is almost never imminent..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Tue May 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Way back when, when Silkworms, Riad, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues were played live, I was excited because I thought a new album was imminent. By the time the album came out, I was kinda sick of those songs already. Add in TWAT, Catcher, Better and IRS and I already overplayed half the album years before it actually came out. As much as I like the album, all the excitement was gone for me by the time it came out. That's why I'd rather have new music not be played live..

It would be nice though to have some different songs rotated in the setlist. I realize that Civil War and Estranged were added last tour but they could rotate a bit more. Play the hits for sure to appease the crowd but mix it up too. I'm sure the band would like that as well. And when I say rotate new songs, I don't mean more covers !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue May 15, 2012 4:40 pm

I know what you're talking about..from CD there were 3 songs I hadn't heard when I bought the album, only This I Love, Sorry & Scraped. Shackler's came a couple of months before in 2008, Prostitute & If the World in june 2008. Better in 2006, TWAT & , IRS & Catcher I first heard in 2005 and Riad, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues already in 2001..

I would love a whole new album without hearing it first!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Tue May 15, 2012 4:45 pm

I had actually heard a rough mix of This I Love about a month before the album came out so for me it was only Sorry and Scraped...and I still wish I never heard Scraped!

If they have all those songs recorded that's been rumored forever, releasing an album soon would be great because nothing has leaked apart from a few seconds of a few songs here and there.

There's nothing better than getting a new album and sitting and listening to it for the first time. I used to love vinyl when I was a kid because it was an experience. I'd put the album on and then study the album cover, read the liner notes, the lyrics. It's just not the same anymore Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 7:52 pm

I hope they are rehearsing a new song for the Dublin show!...But I doubt it...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn_Smooth Tue May 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Soulmonster wrote:

I don't agree. I think that the band is definitely rehearsing something new. Axl, on the other hand...
Damn_Smooth
Damn_Smooth

Plectra : 4511

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 16, 2012 7:06 am

And you think it will be played at the Dublin show?

Congratulations on your promotion, btw Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 am

Damn_Smooth wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:

I don't agree. I think that the band is definitely rehearsing something new. Axl, on the other hand...

And you were right, Axl is still in Moscow, dancing on tables and falling down, hurting his hip:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1561-20120512-stadium-live-moscow-russia#5607
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 17, 2012 9:16 pm

More from Dj:

You have been very vocal about the future of Guns N’ Roses and wanting to work on new material for a new Guns N’ Roses album but we haven’t heard a lot from the other members. Have the band actually had the opportunity to sit down together and discuss it?

Yeah we have and it has become one of our main focuses. We’re working on a lot of new stuff, not only for the music but we have surprises on this tour and everyone is looking forward to getting out there and putting on a kick ass rock ‘n’ roll show. The most important thing is that I’m really looking forward to the future with this band. Getting in and writing with everybody and that’s what I’m excited about the most but when it happens has still to be decided.

What sort of surprises have you got in store for this tour?

We’ve got a new stage and a new show. Some new songs and some other fun stuff. I don’t want to give it all away when you may see it in Glasgow.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn_Smooth Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

I would love to believe DJ, but this is probably going to end up with me wanting to strangle him more than I already do.
Damn_Smooth
Damn_Smooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 pm

Heh, I still won't get my hopes up, either.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn_Smooth Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

I love this band more than any other in existence no matter what lineup it is, but they've kind of conditioned us to be pessimistic. Every time we think something new might happen, nothing does.

Sometimes I think that they're trolling us.
Damn_Smooth
Damn_Smooth

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Fri May 18, 2012 2:17 am

666 wrote:
There's nothing better than getting a new album and sitting and listening to it for the first time. I used to love vinyl when I was a kid because it was an experience. I'd put the album on and then study the album cover, read the liner notes, the lyrics. It's just not the same anymore Crying or Very sad
Ditto
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 18, 2012 8:00 am

Damn_Smooth wrote:I love this band more than any other in existence no matter what lineup it is, but they've kind of conditioned us to be pessimistic. Every time we think something new might happen, nothing does.

Heh, that is exactly how I feel. But in recent years they've started to behave like a normal band with positive things going on, and it surprises me a lot. I just hope they would surprise me even more by releasing new music soon.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn_Smooth Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
Damn_Smooth wrote:I love this band more than any other in existence no matter what lineup it is, but they've kind of conditioned us to be pessimistic. Every time we think something new might happen, nothing does.

Heh, that is exactly how I feel. But in recent years they've started to behave like a normal band with positive things going on, and it surprises me a lot. I just hope they would surprise me even more by releasing new music soon.

I really want to believe that they will be releasing something soon. It seems like all of the band members are becoming more enthusiastic about that happening.

It is possible that with all of the downtime between shows right now that the band could be spending time in a studio over there; isn't it?

I just hope that Axl has the confidence in these guys that he should have. I feel that they've earned it.
Damn_Smooth
Damn_Smooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat May 19, 2012 7:28 am

Yeah. I think we're justified in hoping something will happen soon, with many of the "old guys" mentioning working on a new record, or a desire to do so. They can't be naive and ignorant of the realities of being in a band with Axl, which one could imagine Dj to be. But still, Axl is the joker and until he tells us his plan, I will not get my hopes up too high, and even if he told us he had a plan to release new music within, let's say 2 years, we know from before that this can be ridiculously postponed. So I'll just remain warily positive about something happening in not too long without setting myself up for a big disappointment.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 24, 2012 8:28 am

Being asked about the current UK tour: It’s a kick ass rock show from the bottom up and fans will be hearing some songs that they have never heard before and seeing some things they have never seen before but for the most part it is in fact about the music, about us playing and the people there [EspyRock, May 2012]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 24, 2012 8:31 am

That can only mean completely new songs! No reference to old UYI songs being brought back into the setlist, but completely new ones. BUT, this interview took place before the UK tour and we've now halfway into it without hearing anything new. Could Axl be the problem here? Refusing to play new songs contrary to what the band thought would happen before the tour started?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu May 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Maybe new solos or covers, which we have seen so far.. Zzz
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next