APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

GN'R to play three Indian dates in December

3 posters

Go down

GN'R to play three Indian dates in December Empty GN'R to play three Indian dates in December

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 pm

The wait is over, G N’R to perform in India
vaishali bhambri
New Delhi, October 20, 2012

Here’s a big addition to the line-up of interantional performances in Delhi, as American hard rock band Guns N’ Roses gear up for a three city tour in India this December. They will be performing in Gurgaon on December 12, after Bengaluru and Mumbai. “We are bringing home the Kings of the
Jungle, Guns N’ Roses,” says Karamjeet Singh of MOOZ Entertainment, the organisers. The band members are also excited for their performance here. “It has been a life long dream of mine to visit India. I’ve always been fascinated by it’s ancient culture and influential people,” says Dizzy Reed, who plays the keyboard.

“I’ve wanted to go to India since the first time I saw the James Bond movie Octopussy!!!! I’m totally looking forward to it!,” said Tommy Stinson, the bassist. “I’m sooooo looking forward to experience the culture, meet the fans and make new friends. And the food’,” says Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal, the guitarist. The tickets for the concert are now up for sale.
Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Music/The-wait-is-over-G-N-R-to-perform-in-India/Article1-947633.aspx

With the tickets being on sale and so many band members confirming it, it is time to make this a news piece! Very Happy

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

GN'R to play three Indian dates in December Empty Re: GN'R to play three Indian dates in December

Post by Soulmonster Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:51 pm

According to this the dates I have for the three Indian gigs are wrong:
Bangalore is first stop for Guns N’ Roses
TNN | Oct 22, 2012, 12.00AM IST

After Slayer, Enrique and Sean Paul, Bangalore's music scene is gearing up for an all-time high with the 'Kings of the Jungle' Guns N' Roses heading to the city.

The American band will kickstart their India Tour this December with their first performance in Bangalore on December 7, followed by Mumbai and Delhi.

The band itself is quite excited about the long-pending tour. "There are very few places in the world, left for me to cross off of my 'must-see-before-I-die' list. India is at the top of that list, so needless to say, I am thrilled that we will be playing in the country. I've always been fascinated by the culture, the music, the art and films of India. I can't wait," says guitarist Richard Fortus.

Drummer Frank Ferrer voices the very thought that runs through the ardent GNR fan when he says, "Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be playing a concert in India. I am truly fortunate and can't wait to see the Indian people go crazy for GNR."

I'll wait with changing anything until I have all dates confirmed by GN'R.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

GN'R to play three Indian dates in December Empty Re: GN'R to play three Indian dates in December

Post by puddledumpling Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 am

I wish they'd bring Kat Benzova to India and Indonesia for these shows. What a photo feast, although Ron's getting pretty good at it. I'd love to go to India too.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6705

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

I don't have time now, but I will fix the dates for the Indian gigs tomorrow as well as add quotes from band members regarding the Indian mini tour Smile.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 am

The dates are updated now. With the last Indian date in Gurgaon on the 12th and then the Jakartan date on the 15th, there will not be room for any shows in-between those. The question is then whether there will be any dates before the first Indian data (7th) or after the Jakartan date? Will they continue to Australia/New Zealand? Will they play a New Year's Eve gig again?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Delay-loving GN’R on time for India
Kritika Kapoor, TNN | Oct 31, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Love it Hate it Accept it Debate it - You want 8 o'clock shows go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or hit a cinema.. or you wanna be informed go catch the 10 o'clock news.. this is Rock N' Roll!"

This is what Guns N' Roses wrote on their Facebook page after they kept fans waiting for two hours for a gig at Rock In Rio in 2011. They're infamous for turning up late at concerts. In fact, hapless organisers of Rock In Rio made them sign a 'lateness' clause, which didn't work. In 2010, Irish fans pelted them with bottles after they were an hour late at a Dublin gig. On an average, a Gn'R fan is expected to wait between two to fours hours after the specified timing (which is longer than their three hour set).

And so it's surprising that the band have not only agreed to perform in India, but that they've actually agreed to play at 7pm (a time that they would ideally want their fans to go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or a hit a cinema), to adhere to the Supreme Court ruling that all concerts be shut down by 10pm.

"10pm is normally the time Axl starts warming up. But he has been incredibly cooperative about the rules and has agreed to perform his full three hour set, starting at 6.45pm. So we'd urge fans to be on time, because Axl will be!" said Karamjeet Singh, senior VP, MOOZ Entertainment.
Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Delay-loving-GNR-on-time-for-India/articleshow/17019506.cms
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:11 am

"On an average, a Gn'R fan is expected to wait between two to fours hours after the specified timing (which is longer than their three hour set)."

What a bullshit!

"So we'd urge fans to be on time, because Axl will be!"

That's the other unlikely extreme..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7420

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 am

I think the normal waiting time during the last tour was around 45-60 minutes. Oh well, if the band keeps on touring such myths will eventually be dispelled.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:47 am

GN'R to play three Indian dates in December A73NxDlCEAA_SX4
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:25 am

Win free tickets to the Indian shows here: http://joingnr.com/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:39 am

Guns N' Roses India concert: 80 tickets outlets opened
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS)

Over 80 ticket outlets have been opened across the country for international hard rock band Guns N' Roses' much-awaited multi-city concert in India next month.

The tickets of the event, promoted by MOOZ Entertainment, are available in three categories - Silver (Rs. 1,500), Gold (Rs. 3,000) and Platinum Lounge (Rs.10,000).

People are thronging the ticket outlets mostly for the Gold seating to get a good view of the iconic band performing evergreen numbers "Don't cry", "November rain" and "Knockin' on heaven's door".

"Tickets for Guns N' Roses concert are flying off the shelf. The demand is surging for all the three cities. We encourage fans not to miss out on this experience of a lifetime and get their tickets now," Karamjeet Singh, senior vice president, MOOZ Entertainment, said in a statement.

"We wanted to provide equal access to thousands of fans who would prefer to walk in and buy tickets off the shelf at a nearby outlet in their city," Singh added, as he spoke about opening so many ticket counters, said to be the maximum ever for a concert in the country.

Guns N' Roses, which was first formed in 1985, now has eight members - Axl Rose (lead vocalist), Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.

They will perform in Bangalore Dec 7, in Mumbai Dec 9 and end their multi-city tour here in Gurgaon Dec 12.
--IANS
Source: http://www.newkerala.com/news/newsplus/worldnews-110492.html#.ULes8GfiuSo
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 am

Sanjay Dutt welcomes Axl Rose
Thursday Nov 29, 2012

Mumbai, Nov. 29 -- Not many people know about Sanjay Dutt's passion for rock music. He has been a huge fan of the iconic American band, Gun N' Roses ever since they rose to global fame in the late '80s. And now, the actor plans to go all out to ensure that the musicians have a comfortable stay during their debut tour of India next month. He has offered the band's celebrated frontman Axl Rose his vanity van for their concert in Mumbai, which will be held on December 9 at the MMRDA Grounds in Bandra.

"It's an honour to have Axl use my van. He is a legendary artiste; no one can sing, behave or perform like him. I've grown up listening to Guns N' Roses and I am extremely happy that they're finally coming to India," says Sanjay, who wants to get Axl to sign a guitar for him, which will then be added to the actor's special collection comprising 12 guitars signed by musicians from around the globe (see box). "I can't play the guitar, but I love maintaining my collection," he says. As a token of his appreciation, Sanjay also plans on presenting the band with a memento. "The gift is a surprise that I won't reveal anything about right now," says Sanjay.

However, this won't be the first time Sanjay will watch them perform live. "I saw them in New York in 1991. It was a spectacular show," he recalls. The band may have undergone several line-up changes since then, but the actor says he is still looking forward to watching their Mumbai gig.

"It's going to be one big party. It'll be great to watch them perform some of my favourite songs like 'November rain', 'Paradise city' and 'Sweet child o' mine".
Read more: http://india.nydailynews.com/entertainmentarticle/3f94910f6da44c4f9d761fefe5312d44/sanjay-dutt-welcomes-axl-rose#ixzz2DgoFtaf8
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 am

GN'R to play three Indian dates in December 32346_10151275897798069_65555154_n
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down