APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Brooklyn. And other States.

+3
Uli
Soulmonster
FromHell
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:41 pm

I moved the new thread into this one. Please keep your posts in this thread, unless you respond to other already existing threads started by others. This is not an active forum and I don't want your sort-of rambling and conspiratorial threads to take up a lot of space. Thanks.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:59 pm

FromHell wrote:Snipping tool docs of this censored post and protracted “private” messaging forwarded to me available for embedding here if and when it becomes supported on this site.

I don't get this. Anyone else have problems embedding images on here?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:22 am

@SoulMonster: I don't get any of this - can you explain to me what this is about in your own words (short version of course)?

FromHell wrote:

Uli wrote:
Alright, thanks, there is the problem.

I've always loved how (some) Americans think they're the "salt of the earth".  Razz

Baiting my rod.  It'd be more couth to engage in the posted, irrefutable content than to antagonize without cause.  You don't know me from a can of paint.  

That's right. I don't know you and based on the drivel here, getting to know you is a pleasure I can live without.  Wink
Btw, I want nothing to do with your rod, whatever that might imply.

FromHell wrote:
Is this what passes for european discourse and intellect about an American band?

It was not about any band from America (or elsewhere), it was about what you posted there (how your ancestors drove the Brits out etc., but totally forgetting how they killed the natives - a genocide not worth to mention eh?)... Doh!

I LOVE the rock'n'roll (based on blues, jazz, swing, c&w, bluegrass etc.) that the Americans gave us. Cool
What I don't like is SOME of them who think that the world turns around them (because it doesn't). Devil Laugh
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9484

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Uli wrote:@SoulMonster: I don't get any of this - can you explain to me what this is about in your own words (short version of course)?

Why are you asking me? Hay I have no idea what he is talking about. Seems like he is purposely trying to be vague, yet there are obvious digs at the current band members and so on.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:32 am

Soulmonster wrote:
Why are you asking me?

Because I thought you'd understood and that there was a good reason why you didn't move this to the "whatever bla bla" part of the forum. Mini shock
Obviously that isn't the case. Wink

Soulmonster wrote:Seems like he is purposely trying to be vague, yet there are obvious digs at the current band members and so on.

Alright, thanks, I guess that is enough to know for the moment. Cool
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:59 am

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:
Why are you asking me?

Because I thought you'd understood and that there was a good reason why you didn't move this to the "whatever bla bla" part of the forum. Mini shock
Obviously that isn't the case.  Wink

Soulmonster wrote:Seems like he is purposely trying to be vague, yet there are obvious digs at the current band members and so on.

Alright, thanks, I guess that is enough to know for the moment. Cool

Ah, well I understand enough to know it is actually about GN'R Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 am

FromHell wrote:Speaking of wagging the dog, rumor has it that the inimitable Mr. Niven continues to publicly (and unabashedly) mirror an unnamed poster's (infrequent) [and b-a-n-n-ed] commentary in ForumLand.

You'd probably get more response to your posts if you were a little bit more explicit in your statements and not so vague, because I am sure the obliqueness simply means most readers just skim through it or stop reading altogether. For instance, who is this poster you are talking about and why do you not name him?

And when you say he (she?) is banned, that is not from this forum and hence pretty irrelevant to us. We don't really care about forum drama and the meta conflicts. You are free to mention other forum members within reason.

You also keep referring to "ForumLand". I assume this is a term for "all" other GN'R fan forums and not one specific fan forum that you for unknowns reasons don't mention by name, but I can't be sure. Again, if you weren't so vague ande deliberately obfuscating you would probably trigger more interest.

I really see no reason for deliberately trying to make your arguments harder to follow, unless you hope to attract readers that for some reasons are infatuated with the lure of hidden knowledge. It is easy to interpret this as just smoke and mirrors with no real substance, which would be unfortunate if you really do possess knowledge unknown to the readers here.

Just a friendly tip Smile

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:05 pm

FromHell wrote:Uli--Dayum.  You is a dim nigga.

Just noticed this. Totally unacceptable at this forum. Consider this a warning. Any more insults towards other members and you are banned.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:34 am

Soulmonster wrote:
You'd probably get more response to your posts if you were a little bit more explicit in your statements and not so vague, because I am sure the obliqueness simply means most readers just skim through it or stop reading altogether.

Very true. I don't think anyone reads this, especially not the ones it's aimed at!
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Wow, I really hate to admit it, but I understood parts of this post! Embarassed

However I don't have any answers to questions asked (on the whole, it leads to more questions instead of answers).
And it makes me wonder: why naming names (Duff, Izzy, Niven), whilst at the same time other names are being hidden behind "descriptions"... (imho describing Slash n' Axl)?

FromHell wrote:
quote:  “…is this Duff [Money] the accountant we’re listening to, Duff the PR guy, or Duff the rock and roll bassist?”

Who would have motivation to make such claims when compilations of said clips promote the back catalogue owned by three Original, Remaining Gn’R Partners and each view is monetized by UMG via Google/YT?  Who owns the master rights to sound recordings?  Why is it legally impossible for the World’s Most Silenced Singer to dictate the public release of scraps, if any, from his Howard Hughes days when UMG (and its legal predecessor) footed the costs of recording?  Who represented Mr. Stradlin during the failed negotiations in late 2015?  What is a gag order and how does that differentiate from a non-disclosure agreement—and why is a Remaining, Original Gn’R Partner consenting month-in and month-out to publish interviews, the content of which ranges from the ineptitude of Adler’s fourth replacement to the progress on new material by the three Remaining, Original Gn’R Partners?
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am

FromHell wrote:What is Revelation Management Group?

Found on the net:

Partners JORDAN BERLIANT and JEFF VARNER have launched REVELATION MANAGEMENT GROUP, based in L.A., as a division of RED LIGHT MANAGEMENT. The pair were previously housed at THE COLLECTIVE.
https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/139251/red-light-adds-berliant-and-varner-s-revelation-ma

As for Jeff Varner, this might be the wrong one...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Varner
Wink
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am

FromHell wrote:Each of the above nine statements is inarguable fact.  Each of the above nine inarguable facts is within the public domain and easily verified.

These nine facts, without further explanation, prove that the “Guns n’ Roses manager” narrative in ForumLand is demonstrably false and incredibly absurd to even a person of the most moderate intelligence, just as the content of my preceding posts in this very thread de-myth and de-bullshit ForumLand.  That alone should suffice for my “motivation.”  

Alrighty, so I think I understood your motivation (finally).
However: do you really think what you call "ForumLand" will ever learn? Does anyone even care?

It seems to be a misunderstanding (or "misconstruction") that the so-called "Team Brasil" are the management of the band GN'R, while they are "only" managing one member.

As far as I can tell, while there are "uninformed" persons out there (not just when it comes to GN'R), it is quite "known" that each "party" (of the three "main members" of the current "band") was represented during "negotiations" (ahead of what became the NITL tour) by their "own people" (i.e. managers, lawyers). Wasn't it?
(At the same time, rumors were to be heard that negotiations with former member Izzy failed, probably for monetary reasons. No idea who represented him. If it was Niven, I'd consider it "no surprise" that they failed, as he seems to be "not welcome" in GNR circles these days...)

Also, it is quite "normal" for a band of this size, to appoint a "tour manager". Cool

Thus, I can see you do have a point here. But, on the whole, it might not change perception of most people in "ForumLand". Frankly, many "fans" just want to hear them play and don't really care who is "the manager" or what kind of contracts each and every one of them had to sign to make this NITL tour possible at all.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next