APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Slash guests on 11-minutes, Chinese-Democracy-like song by famous film/TV/video game composer [AUDIO]

Go down

Slash guests on 11-minutes, Chinese-Democracy-like song by famous film/TV/video game composer [AUDIO] Empty Slash guests on 11-minutes, Chinese-Democracy-like song by famous film/TV/video game composer [AUDIO]

Post by ludurigan Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 am

Slash guests on 11-minutes, Chinese-Democracy-like song by famous film/TV/video game composer [AUDIO] Bearmccreary.composer-1200x900
Bear McCreary, composer

Slash guests on a new song by film/TV/video game composer Bear McCreary. According to McCreary, the song is "molded after his favorite epic rock songs like Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Guns n' Roses' "November Rain".

See McCreary and Slash on video talking about the track HERE

The song will be on McCreary's new "concept album" titled The Singularity, which has a May 2024 release date. Besides Slash, the album features performances by Joe Satriani, Rufus Wainwright, Serj Tankian (System of a Down), Corey Taylor (Slipknot), Buck Dharma (Blue Öyster Cult), Kim Thayil (Soundgarden), Scott Ian (Anthrax), Mike Keneally (Frank Zappa), Ben Weinman (The Dillinger Escape Plan), Steve Bartek and John Avila (Oingo Boingo), Warren Fitzgerald (The Vandals) and many others.

According to Wikipedia, Bear McCreary is a classically trained pianist and self-taught accordionist.  He credits composers Jerry Goldsmith, Elmer Bernstein, Danny Elfman, Ennio Morricone, John Williams, Basil Poledouris, and Shirley Walker as being key to his growing up adoring film music.

Wikipedia also says that McCreary's work in the Entertainment Industry includes the scores of the television series Battlestar Galactica, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Outlander, The Walking Dead, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Serpent Queen, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Halo, the video games Call of Duty: Vanguard, God of War and God of War Ragnarök, and the film Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Listen to the track below:

===

I have listened to it a few times and to me the song sounds less like November Rain and more like a Chinese Democracy track!

===

sources:

HomeTownNewsNow: Listen to Slash shred on composer Bear McCreary's new song, "The End of Tomorrow"

Consequence: Slash Guests on 11-Minute Song “The End of Tomorrow” by Composer Bear McCreary

Wikipedia: Bear McCreary
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5478

Back to top Go down