APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Warrant Guitarist, Hollywood Rose roadie Josh Lewis: "Axl was irate about it (…) Slash looked at me and rolled his eyes"

Go down

Warrant Guitarist, Hollywood Rose roadie Josh Lewis: "Axl was irate about it (…) Slash looked at me and rolled his eyes" Empty Warrant Guitarist, Hollywood Rose roadie Josh Lewis: "Axl was irate about it (…) Slash looked at me and rolled his eyes"

Post by ludurigan Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:24 am

Warrant Guitarist, Hollywood Rose roadie Josh Lewis: "Axl was irate about it (…) Slash looked at me and rolled his eyes" Josh_Lewis_Warrant_1986_1

METAL SLUDGE has just published an interview with original Warrant guitarist Josh Lewis and he has a few cool early Slash and GN'R stories

This is one of them:

"I roadied for him [SLASH] with Hollywood Rose also, and one of my favorite Slash and Axl stories happened when they played Madame Wong’s West. I remember 2 songs from that night… “Anything Goes”, and another song called, “Cold Hard Cash”. which to my knowledge never was released or recorded in any manner, but I loved the title. Anyway, so Slash picked me up in his Trans Am, took me back to his mom’s house to pick up his equipment, and Axl. In the car Axl was in the front seat and I was in the back seat, leaning forward and seated in the center. We were driving down Wilshire entering the Westwood area and traffic was really heavy. Axl was getting really irritated, and he kept saying, “Look at all these fuckin’ cars.. and not one of those mother fuckers driving them knows we’re playing tonight…. NOT FUCKIN’ ONE!” He was literally irate about it… and I thought that was very weird, and a bit “delusional” because they were completely unknown. Slash looked back at me and rolled his eyes. A few years later, they were opening for the Stones at the Coliseum and every mother fucker in the city knew they were playing that night. It made me realize that Axl knew his destiny and he wasn’t delusional after all."

there is a couple more here = http://metalsludge.tv/big-talk-metal-sludge-exclusive-10-questions-with-original-warrant-guitarist-hollywood-heyday-local-and-anita-squeeze-singer-josh-lewis/
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5504

Blackstar and Shackler like this post

Back to top Go down