APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl’s foreword to the Language of Fear

2 posters

Go down

Axl’s foreword to the Language of Fear  Empty Axl’s foreword to the Language of Fear

Post by Wilco Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:54 am

It has always confused me:

The copyright to his foreword is specifically given as 1995, separate from the book copyright
Yet, he signs it with a date of November 21st, 1993
Yet, he speaks of TSI as if it were a thing long passed released (when as of that date it had not come out yet) and as if the Language of Fear was imminently coming out

So my question is, what would be the more likely year for the statement - 1993 or 1995?
Wilco
Wilco

Plectra : 1453

Back to top Go down

Axl’s foreword to the Language of Fear  Empty Re: Axl’s foreword to the Language of Fear

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:59 am

I believe Axl's introduction was written in 1993. But, because the book was released in 1995, Axl (or Del with Axl's permission) just changed the wording and grammar a bit in the first paragraph, so that it wouldn't read odd. For example, Axl probably had written originally something like "I called Del to see if he had any ideas for a video for a song that will be in our album 'The Spaghetti Incident?'". That would explain why Axl doesn't mention anything about the reasons there eventually was no video for Ain't It Fun.

The 1995 copyright is because that was when the book was released.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down