APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

AI Axl sounds rough but promising

3 posters

Go down

AI Axl sounds rough but promising Empty AI Axl sounds rough but promising

Post by ludurigan Thu 18 May 2023 - 7:58

I remember thinking in the 80s and the 90s that Axl should sing all the songs in the world, including the songs I didn't like, because his voice and his interpretation/delivery were so good that he would make them all sound good

Of course that no one was smart enough to convince prime-era, golden voice Axl to do anything remotely similar to that.

I would be happy if he had recorded just his favourite songs, those he knew by heart. Who knows, maybe he has done something like that and has some secrete one-take tapes somewhere

But anyway

Let me get to the point of this post

AI AXL

Not sure if any of you guys has seen any of the "AI covers" on youtube?

Apparently there is a reasonably developed AI technology that is capable of using the "recorded voice" of someone to make that person "sing" a a song that he/she has never actually sung.

You get for example Axl's recorded voice and "transposes" it to another song.

Sounds insane but it actually somewhat works

Some people clearly already know how to "play" with this technology and are posting the "results" of their attempts on youtube

Most of the "AI AXL" that I have found so far sounds amateurish

But as with all technology, it is very likely that it should improve

crazy shit

this opens an alternate universe where axl can "sing" all the songs in the world

also this opens a world where we will never know if a person voice is real or not

and probably a whole lot of other implications

i wonder if it will ever sound so good and real that we won't be able to tell the difference
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5463

Back to top Go down

AI Axl sounds rough but promising Empty Re: AI Axl sounds rough but promising

Post by Soulmonster Sat 20 May 2023 - 4:05

I am sure it will get to the point where we won't hear the difference. Exciting times.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76692

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat 20 May 2023 - 4:26

Soulmonster wrote:I am sure it will get to the point where we won't hear the difference. Exciting times.

CRAZY, CRAZY TIMES!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat 20 May 2023 - 4:26

ludurigan wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:I am sure it will get to the point where we won't hear the difference. Exciting times.

CRAZY, CRAZY TIMES!

Yes, it is hard to wrap my head around the implications of it.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat 20 May 2023 - 4:32

Soulmonster wrote:
ludurigan wrote:

CRAZY, CRAZY TIMES!

There is this guy here in my country, he is a radio presenter or podcaster, something like that, and someone used hours of his recorded voice to create a fake audio message to his parents and steal money from them

I think deepfake and this are clearly a case where there won't be no way to control the use of it

but it looks like there is no going back from where we are at this point
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat 20 May 2023 - 4:33

ludurigan wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:

ludurigan wrote:

CRAZY, CRAZY TIMES!

There is this guy here in my country, he is a radio presenter or podcaster, something like that, and someone used hours of his recorded voice to create a fake audio message to his parents and steal money from them

I think deepfake and this are clearly a case where there won't be no way to control the use of it

but it looks like there is no going back from where we are at this point

I agree completely. We will learn not to trust any recordings. Recordings will simply not be something to trust.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue 23 May 2023 - 11:57

I like to hear the voice of a human being... anything else is just fake. In the words of Nick Cave (when asked about a lyric by AI):
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/17/this-song-sucks-nick-cave-responds-to-chatgpt-song-written-in-style-of-nick-cave

Nick Cave has dissected a song produced by the viral chatbot software ChatGPT “written in the style of Nick Cave”, calling it “bullshit” and “a grotesque mockery of what it is to be human”.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9473

ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Wed 24 May 2023 - 4:17

Uli wrote:I like to hear the voice of a human being... anything else is just fake. In the words of Nick Cave (when asked about a lyric by AI):
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/17/this-song-sucks-nick-cave-responds-to-chatgpt-song-written-in-style-of-nick-cave

Nick Cave has dissected a song produced by the viral chatbot software ChatGPT “written in the style of Nick Cave”, calling it “bullshit” and “a grotesque mockery of what it is to be human”.

i agree with that
ludurigan
ludurigan

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down