APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED!

+4
Monique
DanyYo
Johan
Soulmonster
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! Empty GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED!

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Guns N' Roses, Heart, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and the Cure are among the first-timers on short list of nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's class of 2011, joining returning hopefuls the Beastie Boys, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donna Summer and others.

Fifteen finalists are on the ballot that's been sent to the Rock Hall's more than 500 voters, who will in turn select five to be inducted into the shrine on April 14, when the 27th annual ceremony returns to Cleveland for the third time. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation will subsequently determine non-performing inductees and recipients of the Award for Musical Excellence (formerly Sidemen).

Other first-time nominees on this year's ballot include the Small Faces/Faces, the Spinners, Rufus with Chaka Khan, Freddie King and rappers Eric B. & Rakim. Donovan, Laura Nyro and War are making return visits to the ballot.

Acts are eligible at least 25 years after their first commercial recording release, meaning 1986 or before for this year's group. This is the first year for Guns 'N Roses and Eric B. & Rakim's eligibility.

Small Faces and Faces keyboardist Ian McLagan announced that "it's about bloody time" his bands were nominated but said he felt that grouping the two together was "a bit insulting. If we have to go in as a combo, that's not right. It's a dollar short and many years too late -- but I'll take it." Two of the Faces are already in the Rock Hall: Rod Stewart as a solo artist; and Ron Wood as part of the Rolling Stones. Drummer Kenney Jones was briefly in the Who but was not inducted with them in 1990.

As in 2009, the 2012 ceremony will be open to the public. Individual tickets will go on sale in December, while tables and VIP packages are available now, Information can we found at www.rockhall.com. The Hall of Fame + Museum is planning 10 days of special activities leading up to the ceremony, including the unveiling of a new exhibit and the grand opening of its library and archives.

Source: http://www.billboard.com/news/rock-hall-short-list-includes-guns-n-roses-1005371372.story#/news/rock-hall-short-list-includes-guns-n-roses-1005371372.story

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76677

Back to top Go down

GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! Empty Re: GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED!

Post by Johan Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 pm

If they get inducted, probably Slash, Duff & Matt will be there and no Axl. Sad
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7409

Back to top Go down

GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! Empty Re: GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED!

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Johan wrote:If they get inducted, probably Slash, Duff & Matt will be there and no Axl. Sad

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too Shocked
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 am

Duff:

I was utterly surprised and a bit overwhelmed last week when I woke up in the early morning to my BlackBerry beeping without end. Guns N' Roses, a band I co-founded, was nominated for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. I am very grateful for all of the well-wishes I have received here at ESPN, and everywhere else. Thank you.

But we in that band are relatively young dudes, and I was astonished to see just who hadn't yet made that Hall of Fame. Older artists who have paid their dues in full and have changed how we approach and look at music. Faces? Motorhead? It's a big list. Look it up.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=7059324
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:49 am

It'll be interesting. Just imagine Ashba & Slash & Axl in between lol.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6294

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Can you imagine if Izzy shows up! GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! 312421802 GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! 312421802 GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! 312421802
Monique
Monique

Plectra : 4880

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:12 pm

...alone, wondering where all the other guys are. Looking confused.

Haha, yes, I can imagine that Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:19 am

With Izzy you never know. He doesn't seem very interested in public events.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 am

Eddie Trunk
I have it from a very good source that @gunsnroses will get inducted for the R&R Hall 1st time eligible when officially announced this Wed.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Information about the induction ceremony:

The 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony returns to Cleveland for a week of events beginning April 5, 2012 and culminating with the Induction Ceremony on April 14, 2012.

For information on the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, click here.

TICKET PURCHASE INFORMATION
Tickets to the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony go on-sale to the public on Saturday, December 17, 2011 beginning at 10 a.m. EST. To purchase tickets, visit rockhall.com or call (877) 212-8898 (please note, this number will not be activated until 10 a.m. EST on 12/17). Tickets are expected to sell-out quickly. Individual tickets to the Induction Ceremony are available for $50 and $100. There will be a two ticket limit on all orders.

MEMBER PRE-SALE
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum members can purchase Induction 2012 tickets in advance, beginning Friday, December 16, 2011 at 10 a.m. EST. To purchase tickets, visit rockhall.com or call (877) 212-8898 (please note, this number will not be activated until 10 a.m. EST on 12/16). There will be a two ticket limit on all orders. To be eligible for the member pre-sale, fans must become members by 11 p.m. EST on December 12, 2011 and have a valid Member ID. To join please call (216) 515-8425 or click here.

Source: http://rockhall.com/event/2012-inductions/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Cool. Now the speculation can begin or just uhm, continue
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeah, continue I think Wink.

There should be no denying that GN'R is mostly inducted because of their achievements before 1994, but that being said, the fact that Axl has soldiered on despite all the problems, released one more album, and is now touring successfully should mean something, of not very much. I would really like to see both old guns and new guns together on the stage, all being happy and friendly to each other. If they can't accept history how can the fan base?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Indeed. It would be great if both the original band and the new band would perform or at least attend. And I agree for once with Steven that Sorum and Dizzy should also be inducted.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:59 pm

He has said that? Good boy, Steven!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 pm

I shall post the interview. Rolling Stone spoke to him after releasing the news of the induction.

What do you say? GNR news or former members?
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Former members.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 am

From Broskirose at gunsnfnroses:

I'm listening to Trunks show. The CEO of the HOF said that Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all got back to them and said they are coming to the induction.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:26 am

And from SONOFABITCH at mygnrforum:

I got this via email. This is from the Director of Communications at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. The members of GNR getting in the Hall of Fame are:

Hi,

Here you are. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Guns N’ Roses
• Axl Rose
• Slash
• Izzy Stradlin
• Duff McKagan
• Steven Adler
• Matt Sorum
• Dizzy Reed
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 pm

And just to confirm this again:

-Guns N' Roses have changed members quite a few times over the years. Who is actually going to be inducted?
The five original members (Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin') plus Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Radio/TV host Trunk questions RN'R Hall of Fame Foundation Prez/CEO Peresman - New York concert | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/radio-tv-host-trunk-questions-rn-r-hall-of-fame-foundation-prez-ceo-peresman#ixzz1h4WNK0be
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:57 pm

GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! Slash_logo_normalSlash
For the record, I didn't RSVP, or in any way commit to attending the
RRHF. I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth. Iii|; )'
3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Would be funny if only Slash from the classic line-up would not attend. Innocent

Although I don't think he says he won't attend.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 pm

No, he just claims he HASN'T said he will come yet, although that is a lie, because he said he would attend in the Eddie Trunk interview GN'R nominated for Hall of Fame - INDUCTED! 440299.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Playing the silence game like many of the guys, besides Steven who desperately wants to be there no matter what.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Imagine if only Steven attends. It would be awkward to see him crying there up on the podium, all alone, without his friends.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bumb.l.foot Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Steven is a certainty, i feel that Duff, matt and Slash are too
bumb.l.foot
bumb.l.foot

Plectra : 4759

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Yeah, same here. And I actually think Axl will show up too, considering what he said in the recent interview about not wanting to disappoint anyone.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:27 am

It'll be good if Izzy shows up, too. I know he isn't very reliable but IMO he's one of the people who deserves most to be there for his musical contribution to the band in the past.

Hope Steaven get diarrhea or something and can't come
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 am

I agree, but somehow I don't think he cares much for such spectacles.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:42 am

Both Duff and Matt have recently confirmed they will attend.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next