APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

"Gimme some reggae"

3 posters

Go down

"Gimme some reggae" Empty "Gimme some reggae"

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 am

This is for the most part just a load of bollocks, but still funny:

If you asked me two weeks ago what I thought the funniest thing was — the pinnacle of jokes, the uneclipsed apex comedy — I would have told you it’s the scene in Dr. Strangelove when Peter Sellers (as President Merkin Muffley) calls the Soviet President Dimitri Kisov to tell him that the United States are about to drop about 25 hydrogen bombs on his country. The wide camera angles of the war room, the cuts to George C. Scott (as General Turgidson — the names in this movie!) and his looks of incredulous concern, and of course Sellers’ nonpareil performance, the pink of subtlety, make it one of best scenes in cinema. It never ceases to make me laugh and I mean every time I watch it — especially when he says, “You know… just a little funny” at 1:17 — I’m cracking up.

If you asked me right now what I thought the funniest thing was, I would tell you it’s a short film called 2 minutes of axl rose asking for some reggae.

There is nothing funnier than this right now and possibly forever. Most of the memes disseminated from wherever memes come from have a short half-life to them (the DOA Harlem Shake being the most recent example), but 2 minutes of axl rose asking for some reggae appears to be timeless, like Stonehenge or Sade. This film, uploaded by user internetcasualty, is the viral equivalent of Moses coming down from the mountain and proclaiming how best we should lead our lives. All I have to do is think about either Axl Rose or reggae independently of one another and I either crack a smile or just start laughing. It’s what I will recall when I want to look like I’m having a great time at my nephew’s birthday party at Buffalo Wild Wings: I will think of Axl Rose ordering Guns ‘N’ Roses to play some reggae.

The problem is, right now, I’m so not kidding. This film has been a veil over my eyes – everything I see is colored with Axl Rose asking for some reggae.

puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6705

Back to top Go down

"Gimme some reggae" Empty Re: "Gimme some reggae"

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down