APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

What will the next release be?

3 posters

Go down

What do you think GN'R's next release will be?

What will the next release be? Vote_lcap0%What will the next release be? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What will the next release be? Vote_lcap0%What will the next release be? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
What will the next release be? Vote_lcap75%What will the next release be? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
What will the next release be? Vote_lcap25%What will the next release be? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

What will the next release be? Empty What will the next release be?

Post by Soulmonster Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:20 am

We know there are songs from the CD sessions in various states of completeness which were intended for a follow-up, we know 11 songs have surfaced comprised of mostly remixes of CD songs but also Going Down and Silkworms, and we know the band are very eager to release new, original material and have worked on such songs for quite some time now (although not recording together yet). So what do you think will happen?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

What will the next release be? Empty Re: What will the next release be?

Post by puddledumpling Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 am

I suspect that any release of remixes or unreleased CD era songs would be within some kind of package like a montage video of live performance and behind the scenes type of thing on DVD with bonus audio cd included and would be intended for hardcore fans/collectors and not expected for widespread consumption whereas any new releases (written by current line up) would be intended for/marketed to new fans.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6705

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:06 am

Well, I hope for a "full length" release with leftovers (or some remixes, although I'm not the biggest fan of remixes)...
Of course a full new album would be great, but I doubt it can be recorded and released so quickly.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9484

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Richard seems to confirm that they will put out Silkworms on the next record:

Rob Erdem: Hey Richard, Axl said recently that he's planning on releasing silkworms this year, any chance that the song will feature on the next album?
Aaron Desveaux: Hey man, silkworms was a rough demo of prostitute or rhiad & the benodunis
Rob Erdem: no, its not a demo of prostitute or rhiad, its an original song. Richard can you shed some light on perhaps new music this year?
Richard: Aaron, you are mistaken and Rob, you are correct.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Richard seems to confirm that they will put out Silkworms on the next record:

Rob Erdem: Hey Richard, Axl said recently that he's planning on releasing silkworms this year, any chance that the song will feature on the next album?
Aaron Desveaux: Hey man, silkworms was a rough demo of prostitute or rhiad & the benodunis
Rob Erdem: no, its not a demo of prostitute or rhiad, its an original song. Richard can you shed some light on perhaps new music this year?
Richard: Aaron, you are mistaken and Rob, you are correct.

Ah well, this could be seen this or that way. Richard may point out that Rob is correct when saying it's an original song, but not confirming it's on the next record.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9484

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah, I agree. The answer can be interpreted in various ways. I will try to get an interview with Richard (it's been a while now) and clear up this misunderstanding.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down