APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.05.30 - Lubbock Online - Guns N' Roses at Amphitheater on Saturday (Dizzy)

Go down

2013.05.30 - Lubbock Online - Guns N' Roses at Amphitheater on Saturday (Dizzy) Empty 2013.05.30 - Lubbock Online - Guns N' Roses at Amphitheater on Saturday (Dizzy)

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:13 am

Guns N' Roses at Amphitheater on Saturday
By ERIC WOODS
FOR A-J MEDIA

While it might be a little difficult to grasp and understand the underlying themes of “November Rain” and its video, trying to figure out why production would have to be temporarily halted due to rainy weather conditions is maybe even a little harder to comprehend.

Basically, that’s just the way it works in Hollywood, according to Guns N’ Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

Guns N’ Roses is scheduled to perform at 10 p.m. Saturday, June 1, at the Lone Star Amphitheater.

“I’ve never really tried to figure it all out to be honest,” Reed said and laughed. “I know that it was quite the production. I guess it was kind of my first taste of the Hollywood sort of thing, and how things are made in Hollywood.

“I know that there was a scene where we are all at a wedding and, you know, in that scene it rains and people scatter because of the rain and what not,” Reed added. “It had to be postponed because it was actually raining. Everything has to be controlled and you can’t really control the weather. I always thought that it was ironic and funny, but that’s how they do it here.”

The production price tag for the video of “November Rain,” (a single from G-N-R’s “Use Your Illusion I” album) topped out at about $1 million, becoming one of the most expensive videos to date. Shot in part in New Mexico, the video features the band as well as Stephanie Seymour, who at the time was G-N’-R frontman Axl Rose’s girlfriend.

Despite the change-ups and the tumultuous periods of Guns N’ Roses, Reed has been with the band since 1990; the only member with G-N’-R longer is Rose. Reed has weathered the storms and remained a key member of the band by keeping his mind focused on what he’s doing, by remembering who got him there and by being humble about all that he has accomplished as a member of one of the most popular rock bands in history.

“It’s probably a few things,” Reed said of the reasons for his longevity as a member. “I’ve always just kind of made it my No. 1 priority for the most part as far as music goes. When we started tracking and writing songs for ‘Chinese Democracy’ years and years ago, I wanted to stay focused and I wanted to — I don’t like to give up on things even though it was very difficult at times.

“I think that was one of the reasons, plus I feel like I belong,” Reed added. “I’m in a place where I belong. Axl has always been cool to me, and he gave me a big opportunity and I’m very thankful and grateful for that. I just honestly, I’m just very happy. I wake up every day just being very grateful and thankful and happy that I can still do this for a living even after all of these years.”

And after so much time has passed since the release of “Chinese Democracy” in 2008, there still isn’t much to report about the much anticipated upcoming G-N’-R release. Well, there isn’t much to say except that it is coming.

“It’s just kind of hard to say really,” Reed said about the band’s upcoming project. “I guess just because really everyone in the band now comes from different places. It’s going to be a band effort. At the end of the day you have good songs, no matter how they’re done. They are good songs and if Axl sings them, it’s going to be Guns N’ Roses. Everyone has just kind of been writing and passing some stuff around and, you know, that’s pretty much where we’re at right now, just compiling stuff for the new record before we go in and start tracking it.”

Source: http://m.lubbockonline.com/go/music/2013-05-30/guns-n-roses-amphitheater-saturday
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76606

Back to top Go down