APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England

4 posters

Go down

2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England Empty 2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Date:
July 30, 2006.

Venue:
Wembley Arena.

Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Sweet Child O'Mine
06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
07. Street of Dreams
08. You Could Be Mine
09. Out Ta Get Me
10. November Rain
11. You Gotta Move
12. Patience
13. Nightrain
14. Paradise City [with Sebastian Bach on vocals]

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Robin Finck (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Frank Ferrer (drums).

2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England Rightarrow Next concert: 2006.09.16.
2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England Leftarrow Previous concert: 2006.07.30.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England Empty Re: 2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England

Post by Will Jones Mon May 14, 2018 8:21 pm

The famous night when Axl left the stage halfway through Nightrain and Sebastian Bach finished the show, which meant that not a single original then-member of GNRs was part of the band, onstage.
Will Jones
Will Jones

Plectra : 2146

Back to top Go down

2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England Empty Re: 2006.07.30 - Wembley Arena, London, England

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 pm

I can't remember the story. Why did Axl leave the show?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Jones Tue May 15, 2018 2:19 am

Soulmonster wrote:I can't remember the story. Why did Axl leave the show?

Google "axl rose wembley 2006 sebastian bach" for a bunch of references. Basically he was "ill" after an acoustic show which took place in the early hours of the morning, after the previous night's Wembley show. Merck came out after Paradise City, got on the mic and gave some spiel about how Axl didn't feel good, but felt obliged to do the show. I believe the band didn't go on until at least 10:30 PM. Felt a bit short-changed really, with so few songs and stuff like You Gotta Move thrown in with Del James on vocals.
Will Jones
Will Jones

Plectra : 2146

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 am

Soulmonster wrote:I can't remember the story. Why did Axl leave the show?

From what I read back then, he suffered from "low blood pressure". (Probably partied too long after the show before...)
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:41 pm

Press release, August 1, 2006:
Guns N' Roses Win Big In Europe

Guns N' Roses completed their European Tour last night with their second consecutive sold out show at London's Wembley Arena. The tour, which started May 25th in Madrid, Spain, played to 700,000 plus people over 32 shows in 18 countries, making it one of the biggest tours of the year on the continent and in the UK.

The final show at Wembley almost didn't come to fruition as vocalist Axl Rose was diagnosed with low blood pressure and low blood sugar Sunday morning. He became ill after performing two concerts on Saturday night - the first was the band's scheduled sold out show at Wembley Arena which lasted two and a half hours - and the second an unannounced surprise semi acoustic set which thrilled as many fans as could be jammed into London's Cuckoo Club at 4 am on Sunday morning with hundreds left standing outside. Rose became ill a couple of hours after the 75 minute performance ended, with a doctor being called to his hotel room. The Physician advised that Rose should be hospitalised and not perform Sunday evening. Rose's response - "fuck that, I have a show to do and I am not missing it." He made it through the two hour performance to the final song of the evening - Nighttrain - before collapsing. The mic was handed to his friend, Sebastian Bach, who completed the performance with an encore of Paradise City.

Axl Rose commented, "We have had an amazing tour and it has been fantastic for the band and I to experience this. I approached this last show with equal parts determination, obligation, responsibility and insanity. It was an amazing night. I want to thank everyone in Europe and the UK for inspiring us and for giving us the opportunity to play for them. We are now looking forward to the US in September."
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3557-2006-08-01-press-release-guns-n-roses-win-big-in-europe-axl#13077
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:44 pm

Blabbermouth, July 30, 2006:
Guns N' Roses Frontman Unable To Complete London Show; Sebastian Bach Steps In

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach sang lead vocals for the last two songs ("Night Train" and "Paradise City") of Guns N' Roses' set at the Wembley Arena in London, England on Sunday (July 30) after singer Axl Rose was taken ill and was unable to finish the show. The band performed an abbreviated set which reportedly featured no new songs, a departure from the rest of the tour where several "Chinese Democracy" numbers were regularly aired at every performance.

In other news, Guns N' Roses played a special acoustic gig late Saturday/early Sunday at a small London club called Koko, featuring a crowd made up in part of audience members from Guns N' Roses first Wembley Arena performance on Saturday (July 29) who had their names read out by Axl during the show. The acoustic gig reportedly started at 4:00 a.m. and finished at about 5:30 a.m.

The July 30 Wembley concert was the final show of Guns N' Roses' lengthy European tour, which kicked off May 25 in Madrid, Spain.

Guns N' Roses will headline KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006 on September 23 at the Hyundai Pavillion at Glen Helen in Devore, California. Additional U.S. dates are expected in the fall.

Rose has been saying that the band's long-delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy", will be out later this year.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-frontman-unable-to-complete-london-show-sebastian-bach-steps-in/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:10 pm

The Irish Examiner, August 1, 2006:
Rose taken ill at Guns N' Roses gig

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose was rushed off the stage at London's Wembley Arena last night after he was taken ill with a mystery condition.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose was rushed off the stage at London's Wembley Arena last night after he was taken ill with a mystery condition.

The rockers were playing the final UK date of their current tour when the Sweet Child O' Mine singer was forced to abandon his performance.

He was replaced by Skid Row star Sebastian Bach who covered vocals on Night Train and Paradise City.

A representative for Guns N' Roses was unable to confirm details of his illness.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/arid-30270241.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:55 am

Izzy played on this show.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun May 02, 2021 4:41 pm

Yes I did [fill in for Axl] and that was the most surreal experience of my life. 'Cause, Axl just had like a low blood-sugar thing happening and it happens to everybody. So they just ran up to me - the management and the road crew guys - and they go 'Baz! Finish the set!'. I go 'Finish the set?! What the fuck, finish the set?'. So I run out there, I do Night Train with Izzy Stradlin and the rest of the guys. And it was insane, I thought I was done: I walk off the stage; I thought I was finished and then they go 'Paradise City, dude'. I go 'Jesus Christ!' And there's so many words in that, it's like, 'Rags to riches or so they say, you gotta..."

And there's so many words in that; and I know the melody just like everybody but to nail those fuckin' words, it's like...thank God for tele-prompters. 'Cause I just sang it and I read it at the same time and I think I did pretty good but it was like being thrust right into the fire, you know. And then I turn around and there's like midgets dancing all around me waving British flags. And then at the end I jump up in the air and when I hit the fuckin' stage all these bombs go off like boooom! And I'm like, 'Goddamn!' So that was really cool. Yeah, it was heavy, dude. It was the best tour I've been on since the Use Your Illusion tour. I've played a lot of gigs with Axl, I'm very fortunate.
The Metal Forge, September 15, 2006
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down