APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Stacee Jaxx

2 posters

Go down

Stacee Jaxx Empty Stacee Jaxx

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Stacee Jaxx Empty Re: Stacee Jaxx

Post by Soulmonster Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:25 am

Tom Cruise impresses Def Leppard's Phil Collen on the set of his new movie Rock of Ages.

The band's guitarist Phil Collen recently visited the set of movie musical Rock of Ages and tells VH1 the movie star is a bona-fide rock god in the film.

Cruise plays rocker Stacee Jaxx in the movie adaptation of the hit Broadway show - which features renditions of Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me and Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive, among other rock classics - and Collen admits he was more than impressed with the actor's performing skills.

He says, "I was so impressed because he hadn't sung before and he had vocal lessons. He was literally doing five hours a day, five days a week, like truly real, getting in there and doing it. And we saw him and he was amazing.

"It was like Iggy Pop meets someone else and he's in great shape and it was like, 'What?' It was surreal, but he really pulls it off... He's a total rock star."

Cruise's famous preparation appears to have paid off - he spoke with Jon Bon Jovi before filming started and trained with Axl Rose's vocal coach.

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/movie-news/Tom+Cruise-97728.html
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 7:33 am

Stacee Jaxx Tom-cruise-w-magazine

Stacee Jaxx Tom-cruise-w-magazine-3

Stacee Jaxx Tom-cruise-w-magazine-2

I don't know. He looks too trained to be a starving, lean, young musician...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue May 15, 2012 10:53 am

He reminds of that actor rock star dude in Get him to the Greek..

I'm not sure if he's the right choice for this, but I'm curious about the movie anyway. Hopefully not too much cheese!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7358

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 am

Johan wrote:He reminds of that actor rock star dude in Get him to the Greek..

I'm not sure if he's the right choice for this, but I'm curious about the movie anyway. Hopefully not too much cheese!

I think Tom Cruise will do a decent job but I am afraid the whole movie could be too cheesy. I hope I am wrong, though, a realistic movie from about rockers in Hollywood in the mid 80's could be really cool.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum