APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

"I am now Axl Rose's father in law". Don Everly, Westbury Music Fair, August 17th, 1990

Go down

"I am now Axl Rose's father in law". Don Everly, Westbury Music Fair, August 17th, 1990 Empty "I am now Axl Rose's father in law". Don Everly, Westbury Music Fair, August 17th, 1990

Post by ludurigan Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:39 am

"I am now Axl Rose's father in law". Don Everly, Westbury Music Fair, August 17th, 1990 Don-everly

Just a quick mention but I thought it was worth to add it here...

During a show at the Westbury Music Fair (NY), on August 17th, 1990, Don Everly of the Everly Brothers, who was father of Erin Everly, Axl Rose's wife at the time, mentions the Guns n' Roses singer after the second song of the night...

Unfortunately I couldn't understand everything he said. I transcribed it the best I could below...

- Thank you. It's a pleasure to be here again. We are no strangers to here at all. We been here a lot so glad seeing you here again. I am still Don, I am still the oldest of the Everly Brothers. Been the oldest since we started and this is the way it's gonna be I guess... That's Phil over there and (his suit is like mine?) (...) We are here to sing for ya. We still got some old songs, they are getting older cause we are gonna keep singing them (...) We're gonna sing a few new ones too. They are happy, sad, slow and fast (...) relationships... you will notice that a lot of them have girl's names for the title, that is no accident, we were married to about half of them so... [AUDIENCE LAUGHS]. It's the truth. Speaking of marriage (...) I am now Axl Rose's father-in-law (...) [SOMEONE: "Show me Your Tattoo"] I didn't get a tattoo though... Anyway... (...) [SOMEONE: "Show me Your Tattoo"] Not me. (...)  What are we gonna sing? Oh we gonna sing some songs yeah... Oh, one of those girl songs. Anybody here by the name of Claudette?

I believe that the video below is set to start at just about the correct time stamp before Don starts talking...

It is just too bad that the Everly Brothers have never got Axl up to sing with them.

I think every GNR fan would enjoy that as they have so many great songs in their catalog and they were fantastic singers.

Besides, I could easily listen to 1990 Axl sing the telephone list as he was that good. I actually think that Axl is one of the few singers who could do good versions of their songs exactly because he was that good.

I can't even begin to imagine how glorious it would be to listen to Axl harmonizing with Don and Phil in 1990!

Something for another life, I guess!

"I am now Axl Rose's father in law". Don Everly, Westbury Music Fair, August 17th, 1990 Tumblr_nezjm0dPng1t36tb7o1_500

For those not familiar with the Everly Brothers, the video bellow is a great start

ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5504

Soulmonster and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down