APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Official twitter account

2 posters

Go down

Official twitter account Empty Official twitter account

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:21 am

A4D is catching up with the current times and has opened its official Twitter account! https://twitter.com/appetite_4

Follow us for updates.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76692

Shackler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Official twitter account Empty Re: Official twitter account

Post by ludurigan Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:48 pm

great news!

I believe if you could change the site's URL to a4d.com it would do a lot of good

but i suppose that may not be easy
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5463

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:57 pm

ludurigan wrote:great news!

I believe if you could change the site's URL to a4d.com it would do a lot of good

but i suppose that may not be easy

Yeah, that bothers me too. That domain was taken though, so I went with the cumbersome a-4-d.com.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:45 am

Any ideas on how I can get more followers? I want the tweets to reach as many fans as possible.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:53 pm

If you can elaborate on that I would love to give you guys a few ideas...

When you say that you "want the tweets to reach as many fans as possible" is that so they can come to the forum and read the stories, right?

ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:02 pm

ludurigan wrote:If you can elaborate on that I would love to give you guys a few ideas...

When you say that you "want the tweets to reach as many fans as possible" is that so they can come to the forum and read the stories, right?

Yes.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:16 pm

Nice, You guys deserve to get a lot of people reading this site. It is the most informative, bullshit-free site that there is about GNR, by miles

Well to attract viewers you can do a lot of things.

By looking at the recent tweets I'd say you will probably do better and attract more viewers/readers if you add some "drama" to the headlines, meaning that you put something there that draws people

There are good ways to do it (think about a great headline you see on a newspaper or magazine that makes you want to read the article) and there are bad ways to do it (clickbait)

For the Hamburg tweet, instead of saying "What happened at the Reperbahn in Hamburg, Germany, in Sep '87?", I would ignore the 88 magazine story (which basicallly gives you nothing to "work" on, or to "sell" to readers) and instead pick some juicy part of the duct-tape story or from the Slash account and turn that into a "headline"

Something like this

Hamburg 1987: The one time Duff from Guns n' Roses got mad at a drunk rocker!

Hamburg 1987: Worst crowd Guns n' Roses ever had, "cold and miserable", says Slash

Hamburg 1987: Guns n' Roses ties drunk drummer with duct tape, toss him in hotel elevator and hit “Lobby”!

This is tip #1, please let me know if that makes any sense to you
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:35 pm

For Tip #2 I wanna ask you something: can you add "tags" or "hashtags" to the tweets?

Is there a limit on how many hashtags you can add?

I am asking you this because I don't know how twitter works

If you can add as many hashtags as you like, then one thing you can do is add hashtags related to who, what, where, when, how and why

example:

WHO: Guns n Roses, Slash, Duff, Steven Adler, Alan Niven, Faster Pussycat, Mark Michals, Eric Stacy, Greg Steele, Taime Downe,

WHAT: Appetite Tour 1987, Appetite for Destruction Tour, Guns n' Roses Tour, Tour Stories, Rock n' Roll Stories, Drummer, Partying, Drinking, Booze, Practical joke

WHEN: 1987, 1987 Appetite Tour

WHERE: Hamburg, Germany

HOW: ...

WHY: ...

If there is a limit to how many hashtags you can use, then you can narrow to just a few

For this one I would go with Guns n Roses, Slash, Duff, Steven Adler, Faster Pussycat, Mark Michals, Appetite Tour 1987

If you are planning to do it on a long term, then you can create specific hashtags for different kinds of stories. For example, you can use gnr87tour, or gnrtourstories, or appetitetourstories, or whatever you find good, so everytime you post a story from the Apppetite tour you use a appetitetourstories hashtag and so on

please let me know what you think of this

ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:09 am

one other thing that you can do is to identify yourself

self-promoting is a bitch but sometimes -- specially if you are wiling to attract an audience -- you have to do it

the thing about your site is that all the effort that you guys put into it made it a fantastic site so you don't need to lie about it to sell it

All you have to do is tell exactly what the site is

you have an amazing, ever-growing database of gnr info here

no one has anything like this, right?

so you have

1) a mighty fine good "product" to "sell" to your audience and

2) this is a somewhat "easy" sell, in the sense that you won't have to twist the true or lie to sell your website. all you have to do is try and describe it the best way you can

Saying that Appetite for Discussion is "a forum about Guns n' Roses", as it is on the twitter account, is a huge, massive understatement

This site is sooooo much more than that

It is a tribute to the vibrant music and to the wild, bigger-than-life stories of Guns n' Roses

It is the world largest online data-base of Guns n' Roses articles, interviews etc

the world's largest -- and ever-growing -- database of magazines and newspapers articles and interviews related to Guns n' Roses and its music

I think you get the idea, right?

This is tip #3, please let me know if it sound good
ludurigan
ludurigan

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down