APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Wake Now (part 2)

2 posters

Go down

Wake Now (part 2) Empty Wake Now (part 2)

Post by cineater Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:18 am

It was pleasant sitting around the fire drinking coffee in the morning sun. Eldron had roamed off and Cimarron was left alone with her thoughts. Penny slept at her side. She felt in a fog after her sleep in the clouds. She had no idea how long she had been asleep. The retreating of the mists was concerning. She could get back to Kara if she had to by other means but it wasn't as easy and some ways were forbidden. She smiled to herself. When had she not broken the rules? Shouldn't have shown her the way if you didn't want her to use it. Not her fault, right?

She would comply for now. She wasn't doing much in either place and this one was where her heart, minus Kara, wanted to be. Granted, minus Soon, but he was among the stars and she figured he was happy there. With camp downsized she was free to do as she pleased. Might as well go explore the surrounding woods. Might just get her out of this fog. Might show her a new direction. Some kind of inspiration she didn't get at Terrapin Station. She still couldn't wrap her brain about what all that meant and now her memories faded on just what happen there.

Cimarron started off, forgot the dog and whistled for Penny to join her. A second whistle from the woods answered her call. "Come on Penny, we've got a whistler." She smiled and wondered if it was the seventh day.
cineater
cineater

Plectra : 1236

Back to top Go down

Wake Now (part 2) Empty Re: Wake Now (part 2)

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:48 am

What is this? Is this a book script? Do you want feedback on what you are writing?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76698

Back to top Go down

Post by cineater Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:22 pm

Soulmonster wrote:What is this? Is this a book script? Do you want feedback on what you are writing?

Don't want any feedback, just a place to write. Is that okay?

Yes, it's part of a novel, a trilogy.
cineater
cineater

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:28 pm

cineater wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:What is this? Is this a book script? Do you want feedback on what you are writing?

Don't want any feedback, just a place to write.  Is that okay?  

If you don't want feedback then I don't understand why you are writing it on a public discussion forum?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cineater Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:20 am

Soulmonster wrote:
cineater wrote:

Don't want any feedback, just a place to write.  Is that okay?  

If you don't want feedback then I don't understand why you are writing it on a public discussion forum?

GNR boards are where I feel most at home on the net. Boards that have very little traffic in the off topic section get less interruption in the story. Sometimes at the start I get comments but generally folks just ignore me and let me run with it.

Writing gives me such joy, I don't want anybody else to say anything about it. Don't want to know if I'm good or suck or could have did something different. Don't want to be meeting expectations and standards set by somebody else. I just want space to freely create. Is that okay or would you rather I not?
cineater
cineater

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:44 am

I don't get why you would write online at all if it is not intended for others. Why not just on Word on some other writing software? By putting it online on a forum you risk losing it all if the forum goes down or if a capricious admin decided to delete the thread.

If your intention was to get feedback from others, then I would get it and could also allow it here if it wasn't too frequently updated (so it didn't take focus away from the GN'R discussions).
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down