APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.06.24 - Seattle Central - Duff McKagan Named 2013 Distinguished Alumni of the Year at Seattle Central Community College

2 posters

Go down

2013.06.24 - Seattle Central - Duff McKagan Named 2013 Distinguished Alumni of the Year at Seattle Central Community College Empty 2013.06.24 - Seattle Central - Duff McKagan Named 2013 Distinguished Alumni of the Year at Seattle Central Community College

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Transcript:

Hey guys. This is Duff McKagan. First of all, I'm really honored. I wanna say thank you. Being a distinguished Seattle Central alumni is kind of unimaginable to me at this moment. I'm in South Africa. I'm extremely jet lagged. But Seattle Central for me really was a game changer for me in my life. I went back to school, probably like a lot of you. I was 30 myself when I went back to school and got into Seattle Central. Learned how to study again. Learned how to go to school and developed discipline. The things I learned at Seattle Central have carried through into my professional life, taught me a lot into my second career when Velvet Revolver started back up when I was about 37. Got into the Business School, Seattle U, because of Seattle Center. Matriculated through Malvern [?] School of Business across the street from you guys there, and really helped me in my professional life until now, I'm 49. I know I look probably 48. But really, I'm really quite honored. And you guys who are who are there right now tonight graduating: Congratulations. I'm really bummed, really sick I couldn't be there, but I gotta tour and this is what I do. And again, thank you so much and maybe I'll come to school and drop in on a class. Alright, thank you. See you guys, bye.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87782

Back to top Go down

2013.06.24 - Seattle Central - Duff McKagan Named 2013 Distinguished Alumni of the Year at Seattle Central Community College Empty Re: 2013.06.24 - Seattle Central - Duff McKagan Named 2013 Distinguished Alumni of the Year at Seattle Central Community College

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:57 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
------------------------------------

Duff McKagan was named the 2013 Distinguished Alumni Of The Year at Seattle Central Community College during commencement. You can now watch his acceptance speech below.

McKagan didn't follow a traditional path when deciding to attend college at Seattle Central. He started playing in rock bands while a teenager and landed in the international spotlight as part of the hard rock band Guns N' Roses in the late 1980s and early '90s.

Duff reflected,: "I made money in my 20s, became sober in my 30s, looked around and didn't know who I could trust for money advice. I decided to learn (about money) for myself so I wasn’t broke in my 40s. Going to college was a main driver for me."

Seattle Central was there for him when he was ready to start college.

"Attending Seattle Central was an awesome experience," Duff said. "It taught me a lot about discipline in a great way. Having a college education has also helped my reputation. Ever since, people take me more seriously in my industry, because most people in the music industry do not go to college."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-named-seattle-central-distinguished-alumni-of-the-year/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87782

Back to top Go down

2013.06.24 - Seattle Central - Duff McKagan Named 2013 Distinguished Alumni of the Year at Seattle Central Community College Empty Re: 2013.06.24 - Seattle Central - Duff McKagan Named 2013 Distinguished Alumni of the Year at Seattle Central Community College

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:34 am

Transcribed this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76698

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down