APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Partial, 4-songs pro-shot from 1992 Citrus Bowl surfaces

3 posters

Go down

Partial, 4-songs pro-shot from 1992 Citrus Bowl surfaces Empty Partial, 4-songs pro-shot from 1992 Citrus Bowl surfaces

Post by ludurigan Mon 29 May 2023 - 11:31

Apparently this one has just surfaced

It is the first four songs of the show

Fun to watch if you ask me

This is the 4th show after the Montreal Riot and it looks like they all are -- but specially Axl is -- in some sort of "oh-you-re-badtalking-me-because-of-Montreal/let-me-show-you-what-we-got-then" mood

Not sure what Axl is pissed off about in the first song. Looks like teleprompter is malfunctioning but it could be some other thing

The crescendo in his anger -- the problem he is pointing is clearly not solved and he keeps gesturing to someone to do something about it and the gestures get stronger and madder as the time passes by -- is pure 1992 Axl. He has a sort of mini-meltdown mid-song but the camera fails to capture it properly, blink and you will miss it

This is also the first time that I remember seeing women's underwear being thrown at Axl. The fact that he held the first one around his head must have inspired other girls to throw some more and the second one gets kinda tangled-0up in Axl's hand and generates a mini-fun moment. Again, blink and you will miss it

Gilby guitar is low in the mix. I guess it is stuff like this that makes people say that GN'R guys have giant egos etc

Axl says something about women's generosity but I didn't understand what he was referring to

The female-singers backing vocal sounds really audible on Live and Let Die and quite different from other Tracy and Roberta-era recordings

A high energy affair, except for good old Duff that always look tired on these 1992 shows.

Ah if only Izzy was there
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5463

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Partial, 4-songs pro-shot from 1992 Citrus Bowl surfaces Empty Re: Partial, 4-songs pro-shot from 1992 Citrus Bowl surfaces

Post by ludurigan Mon 29 May 2023 - 11:44

Sorry I just noticed this has been posted on the show page, please feel free to delete this if needed, thanks
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Partial, 4-songs pro-shot from 1992 Citrus Bowl surfaces Empty Re: Partial, 4-songs pro-shot from 1992 Citrus Bowl surfaces

Post by Blackstar Mon 29 May 2023 - 13:25

ludurigan wrote:This is also the first time that I remember seeing women's underwear being thrown at Axl. The fact that he held the first one around his head must have inspired other girls to throw some more and the second one gets kinda tangled-0up in Axl's hand and generates a mini-fun moment. Again, blink and you will miss it
You mean you don't remember this (0:23)? Hay

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87768

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon 29 May 2023 - 13:45

Blackstar wrote:
ludurigan wrote:This is also the first time that I remember seeing women's underwear being thrown at Axl. The fact that he held the first one around his head must have inspired other girls to throw some more and the second one gets kinda tangled-0up in Axl's hand and generates a mini-fun moment. Again, blink and you will miss it

You mean you don't remember this (0:23)? Hay

Ha! Axl handled this one better!

The footage from this show is so good but I have to tell you that I have never stopped to sit and watch and appreciate the whole show!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu82 Sat 15 Jul 2023 - 13:55

I watched the short vid of the show recently & it was awesome..be great if more stuff like this emerges., maybe the home vids from the Illusions tour that Slash mentions in his book would be awesome
Stu82
Stu82

Plectra : 304

ludurigan and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down