APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Rumor: Atlas Shrugged to be released in Nov.

5 posters

Go down

Rumor: Atlas Shrugged to be released in Nov. Empty Rumor: Atlas Shrugged to be released in Nov.

Post by Uli Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 9:39

There are rumors going round about "Atlas Shrugged" as the next "single" (or even as an "album title") in Nov. 2023:

Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9473

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Atlas Shrugged to be released in Nov. Empty Re: Rumor: Atlas Shrugged to be released in Nov.

Post by Blackstar Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 11:33

Yeah, there's been a tweet by an account that is relatively reliable (seems to have some connections in the industry), so we'll see. I don't see it happening, personally.

The artwork is fake though (originated from 4chan), probably AI generated, and a tracklist that is circulating is also fake.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87768

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Atlas Shrugged to be released in Nov. Empty Re: Rumor: Atlas Shrugged to be released in Nov.

Post by Soulmonster Fri 25 Aug 2023 - 5:04

No, I am convinced this won't happen. They are releasing two new songs now. I can't see them releasing anything else. But of course, nothing is set in stone when it comes to GN'R.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76682

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed 30 Aug 2023 - 8:56

Soulmonster wrote:I can't see them releasing anything else.

Why? As far as I recall, both "Absurd" and "Hard Skool" were released pretty close to each other (within two months or so?)!
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 30 Aug 2023 - 9:58

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:I can't see them releasing anything else.

Why? As far as I recall, both "Absurd" and "Hard Skool" were released pretty close to each other (within two months or so?)!

Yeah, like Perhaps and The General. I don't think they will release more than two singles this year. And with The General coming out in October I don't think it is likely they will release more and so soon after.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue 5 Sep 2023 - 13:29

Well, normal bands release 2-4 singles in the months/weeks before an new studio album release. One can always dream, huh? Very Happy
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7409

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue 5 Sep 2023 - 15:07

Johan wrote:Well, normal bands release 2-4 singles in the months/weeks before an new studio album release. One can always dream, huh? Very Happy

Dreaming is definitely allowed Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu 7 Sep 2023 - 8:54

Soulmonster wrote:
Yeah, like Perhaps and The General. I don't think they will release more than two singles this year. And with The General coming out in October I don't think it is likely they will release more and so soon after.

Well okay, you do have a point there. I must admit I wasn't quite sure whether "The General" was going to be a single in its own right or the b-side to "Perhaps"! Blame it on the band's communication or my inability of understanding it... Wink

Anyway, I would welcome any more singles or even better an album which comprises all those plus more "new" songs. Cool
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 7 Sep 2023 - 10:07

Oh, I misspoke there, The General will likely not be a single of its own. I meant that they probably won't release more than two new songs this year.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pa810 Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 14:43

Do you guys think this IS the "new" album being released little by little? Or just singles that are intended to be separeted with b-sides and live performances?
Pa810
Pa810

Plectra : 258

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri 15 Sep 2023 - 6:26

Pa810 wrote:Do you guys think this IS the "new" album being released little by little? Or just singles that are intended to be separeted with b-sides and live performances?

Slash said something about them wanting to release individual songs and that they then might put them together in an album at the end. I think this was just Slash speculating on what could happen, it all comes down to what Axl wants. And although Axl wants to get at least some of the unreleased stuff from the Chinese Democracy sessions out, he might not want the work of compiling them into an album at the end, or maybe he hasn't decided yet.

As for an album of new music, that's obviously Slash's pipe dream and they might have some plans to work on new music when the touring is over, and Slash isn't busy with his band, but it all comes down to Axl: Has he achieved some closure with the Chinese Democracy music and is ready to work on to writing new stuff? Does he even want to go through the ordeal of writing new stuff or must he change his approach to this to make it comfortable to him?

So at the moment I guess all we can expect for the time being is more singles from unreleased, old music, and that maybe, just maybe, if enough is released that they get piled together in an album afterwards. Even if they do start working new music after the tour, it's going to be a long time before we get to hear it.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli and Pa810 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue 26 Sep 2023 - 21:27

From a teaser for what looks like a new date in Las Vegas:

The "album" bit is most likely just a mistake and they mean the Perhaps single just like in the press release that includes the teaser:

https://pearlmedia.com/projects/lv-gateway-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87768

Pa810 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down