APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.01.09 - ABC Audio - Duff McKagan finds “beacon of goodness” with throwback Slash collab on new ‘Lighthouse’ album

Go down

2024.01.09 - ABC Audio - Duff McKagan finds “beacon of goodness” with throwback Slash collab on new ‘Lighthouse’ album  Empty 2024.01.09 - ABC Audio - Duff McKagan finds “beacon of goodness” with throwback Slash collab on new ‘Lighthouse’ album

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:40 pm

Duff McKagan finds “beacon of goodness” with throwback Slash collab on new ‘Lighthouse’ album

Along with two new Guns N’ Roses songs, 2023 saw the release of a ’90s throwback featuring Duff McKagan and Slash.

The two jam together on a track called “Hope,” which appears on the GN’R bassist’s new solo album, Lighthouse, which dropped in October. As McKagan tells ABC Audio, he and Slash first recorded the tune together back in 1996.

“Slash came to my house then and was like, ‘You want me to put a guitar on that? I hear something on that song,'” McKagan recalls. “I’m like, ‘Of course!'”

The “Hope” that your hear on Lighthouse includes the same instrumental track from that 1996 jam; the only thing that’s changed is McKagan’s vocals, which he rerecorded for the album. As for why he’s put out “Hope” now nearly 30 years later, McKagan felt that its lyrics resonated with the themes and imagery of Lighthouse. He notes that both the song and the album as a whole relate to “this beacon of hope, this beacon of goodness.”

“I wasn’t trying to get, like, my famous friends on the record,” McKagan shares. “It’s just that what [Slash] plays on it is so cool, and the lyrical content fits the record, and I just think it’s a cool song.”

He adds, “I love anytime I’m doing something with Slash.”

McKagan is supporting Lighthouse with a Jimmy Kimmel Live! performance on Tuesday, January 9. You can tune in to watch at 11:35 p.m. ET on ABC.

https://www.1057thepoint.com/music-news/duff-mckagan-finds-beacon-of-goodness-with-throwback-slash-collab-on-new-lighthouse-album/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87768

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down