APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Slash plays on new song by The Dandy Warhols

Go down

Slash plays on new song by The Dandy Warhols  Empty Slash plays on new song by The Dandy Warhols

Post by Blackstar Wed 14 Feb 2024 - 22:07

Loudersound article with excerpts from press release:
-----------------------------------------------------------

"The first time we heard it we just stared at each other with our mouths open": Slash teaming up with The Dandy Warhols for 'Vietnam-era acid rock' is the collaboration we never knew we needed

Watch the AI-produced video for I’d Like To Help You With Your Problem, the unexpected Slash/Dandy Warhols collaboration

By Paul Brannigan

While collaborations between musical artists from different genres are very much a feature of the modern era, it's rare to see genuine hard rock legends join forces with indie rock bands. So the news that Slash has paired up with Portland, Oregon's The Dandy Warhols for what the band call "the Vietnam-era acid rock sound" of new single I’d Like To Help You With Your Problem took us very much by surprise. Even more surprising, with all due respect to everyone involved, is just how well said collaboration works.

“The first time we heard it back in our studio we just stared at each other with our mouths open,” admits The Dandy Warhols frontman Courney Taylor-Taylor, saluting Slash's performance. “What he played on the track is amazing. I’ve never heard him play quite like that, but what is so fascinating to me is that it is clearly him playing. As recognizable as a familiar human voice.”

“The song has a real Vietnam-era acid rock sound,” Taylor-Taylor adds. “We wanted that kind of guitar playing on it, but we don’t have anyone in the band who can do it. Once we began discussing it, it became apparent that there wasn’t really anyone else whose hands we could put it in, so thus the Hail Mary to try and get Slash to play on it.”

I’d Like To Help You With Your Problem is the third single to be released from The Dandy Warhols' forthcoming Rockmaker album, following on from the fabulously-titled Danzig With Myself, which featured Pixies leader Frank Black, and 2023's Summer Of Hate.

The band's 12th album, Rockmaker will be available on March 15 via Sunset Blvd.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/slash-dandy-warhols-acid-rock-collaboration
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87768

ilomilo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Slash plays on new song by The Dandy Warhols  Empty Re: Slash plays on new song by The Dandy Warhols

Post by Blackstar Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 23:51

Interview with Courtney Taylor-Taylor of The Dandy Warhols talking about the song:

As far as Slash, Taylor-Taylor has known band members and others around Guns N’ Roses for many years. The Dandy Warhols sent him the track “I’d Like To Help You With Your Problem,” and the famous guitarist sent back his licks — blowing away Taylor-Taylor.

“He came back in 40 minutes. It was done within a week or two,” Taylor-Taylor said. “That song is mostly (Black) Sabbath, Vietnam-era, LSD rock. Very straight-forward.”

The creative process? “He said, ‘What do you want?’ I said, ‘Cry Baby the Wah-Wah pedal,’” Taylor-Taylor said. “You can tell he knows exactly what we are. It’s so good. He doesn’t start shredding until the middle of the song. He’s just an absolutely visionary, he knows what he’s doing. It goes so perfectly well.”

The singer added high praise of Slash, calling him the greatest living guitar player.

https://www.portlandtribune.com/lifestyle/the-dandy-warhols-30-years-old-and-still-cool-making-music-with-slash-the-pixies/article_d222f69c-cd1e-11ee-84d5-4b61ca39aa2e.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Slash plays on new song by The Dandy Warhols  Empty Re: Slash plays on new song by The Dandy Warhols

Post by Blackstar Sun 3 Mar 2024 - 18:58

Brando of the Appetite for Distortion podcast interviewed Courtney Taylor-Taylor about the collaboration with Slash:

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun 3 Mar 2024 - 19:03

Courtney Taylor-Taylor in NME:
-----------------------------------

The album contains big-name guest stars such as Guns N’ Roses Slash playing guitar on the single ‘‘I’d Like to Help You With Your Problem’…

“I’ve bummed 300 cigarettes from that guy during my career! I asked his people about appearing on the song, and 40 minutes later, I got a text back saying ‘Slash loves the song. He wants to know what style you want’, and I replied: ‘Well, fucking Vietnam-era acid rock, dude!’. He ended up doing these amazing Guns N’ Roses ‘Don’t Cry’ riffs and it just fits the song.”

https://www.nme.com/features/music-interviews/the-dandy-warhols-dig-was-a-huge-turning-point-it-was-brutal-for-us-3578366
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down