APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.03.10 - Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt - Interview with Duff

3 posters

Go down

2024.03.10 - Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt - Interview with Duff Empty 2024.03.10 - Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:51 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87773

Back to top Go down

2024.03.10 - Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt - Interview with Duff Empty Re: 2024.03.10 - Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:11 pm

52:41

Q: Duff, am I allowed to ask if Guns N' Roses are going to do a new album?

Duff: You're allowed to ask whatever. I mean, there's things that have happened and more things to happen. So I think you'll see - that question will be answered soon enough.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2024.03.10 - Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt - Interview with Duff Empty Re: 2024.03.10 - Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt - Interview with Duff

Post by Uli Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:38 am

Blackstar wrote:
Duff: ... I think you'll see - that question will be answered soon enough.

Finally THAT word again: SOON! Teasing

Don't we just love that? Crazy
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9473

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:39 am

Uli wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
Duff: ... I think you'll see - that question will be answered soon enough.

Finally THAT word again: SOON!  Teasing

Don't we just love that? Crazy

I hope Duff means it more like I do.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76692

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:53 pm

Excerpts from Far Out:
--------------------------

Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan has recalled how Iggy Pop came to his aid as a teenager during a negative experience on psychedelic drugs.

At the time, McKagan was an ordinary 14-year-old, and Iggy could never have predicted how his show would inadvertently play its part in rock history. Nevertheless, it proved to be a poignant moment for McKagan. He was in a world of struggle after taking a dangerous substance before the brilliance on show by the former frontman of The Stooges brought him back to life.

McKagan made the revelation during a new episode of the Rockonteurs podcast, hosted by Spandau Ballet’s Gary Kemp and esteemed session musician Guy Pratt, who also performs with Kemp in Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets.

The bassist told the two musical hosts: “Iggy Pop got me through a bad mushroom trip. I went to an Iggy show way too high on mushrooms, thinking I was going to have to go to the hospital, freaking out.”

Before Iggy took to the stage, McKagan was in another universe, but when Pop started playing, his external fears immediately dissipated. The bassist left the building in utter awe of the iconic rock ‘n’ roll singer.

McKagan continued: “I just watched Iggy the whole, just tripping way too much on psychedelics. But he brought me down. And I was already a big Iggy fan, but then I was like, he means more to me. He’s a waypoint for me in my life.”

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/duff-mckagan-details-how-iggy-pop-saved-him-during-bad-drug-experience/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down