APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.12.17 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020 (& related articles)

Go down

2019.12.17 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020 (& related articles) Empty 2019.12.17 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020 (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020

Chicago Review Press has set an April 7, 2020 release date for the "Double Talkin' Jive: True Rock 'N' Roll Stories From The Drummer Of Guns N' Roses, The Cult, And Velvet Revolver" book from Matt Sorum.

The official book description reads as follows: "Cocaine smuggling, shoot-outs, and never-ending decadent parties: Matt Sorum's 'Double Talkin' Jive' could almost be described as the autobiographical equivalent of the film 'Blow'. But rather than becoming a premier drug smugglers, Matt Sorum becomes a world-famous drummer in Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, and The Cult. Sorum drops out of high school to become a drummer, but turns to selling pot to support himself, and later smuggling large quantities of cocaine. When Sorum is given the chance to play in The Cult, he is finally able to make a living as a drummer. The very next year Slash and Duff McKagan recruit Matt to join Guns N' Roses, and with that, Matt's life is transformed. When Axl Rose starts turning up at the recording studio more and more sporadically, sometimes not at all, Matt recounts in keen detail how he and the band stagger toward their downfall. Matt and his Guns N' Roses bandmates Slash and Duff form Velvet Revolver with Dave Kushner and Scott Weiland. When Weiland suddenly leaves the band, Matt steps in as drummer for Motörhead during their U.S. tour, and then starts his own all-star band, Kings Of Chaos. During his time as a professional drummer, Matt battles alcohol and coke addictions, but meeting his girlfriend, Ace Harper, helps him manage to go clean. Matt Sorum's autobiography, written with writer duo Leif Eriksson and Martin Svensson, avoids all the usual rock biography clichés."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorums-autobiography-double-talkin-jive-due-in-april-2020

Last edited by Blackstar on Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87690

Back to top Go down

2019.12.17 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020 (& related articles) Empty Re: 2019.12.17 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020 (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 pm

Matt's Instagram, December 19, 2019:

Matt: Proud to announce the release of my memoir Double Talkin’ Jive will be out April 7th 2020 published by @chireviewpress More than a few years in the making. It was a cathartic process and a walk back through time. I’m very grateful for the journey I’ve had so far and hope you enjoy the read of my wild and turbulent years in Rock N Roll !! #doubletalkinjive pre-order on Amazon in my bio.

Gilby: Congrats Matt, I’m sure it’s fantastic. You are the only one who remembers accurately.

Matt: Thanks brother, well not the most sober during those years but somehow I retained a lot of info.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Pyv0KjJQf/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2019.12.17 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020 (& related articles) Empty Re: 2019.12.17 - Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Due In April 2020 (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 pm

Message from Matt for the new year; Instagram/Blabbermouth, Jan. 1, 2020:

Ex-Guns N' Roses Drummer Matt Sorum: 'The Thing That I Am Most Proud Of In The Last Decade Is Finding My Faith In God'

Former Guns N' Roses drummer Matt Sorum says that his "most proud" accomplishment of the last decade is "finding" his faith in God.

The rocker, who has also played with Velvet Revolver and The Cult, reflected on the last 10 years in a January 1 Instagram post. He wrote: "A new Decade is upon us , the last decade was one of growth and commitment , trials and tribulations that life brings , Joy and Happiness , Sorrow and Pain , Love and loss ..but with that comes hope and a stronger more resilient me . In Numerology 2020 signifies making things happen , converting visions into reality. Strive to inspire and be inspired by the ones around you. The thing that I am most proud of in the last decade is finding my faith in God and with that faith there is no fear. Manifest your destiny and God will lead you there. Happy New Year , Matt."

Sorum will release his autobiography, "Double Talkin' Jive: True Rock 'N' Roll Stories From The Drummer Of Guns N' Roses, The Cult, And Velvet Revolver", on April 7 via Chicago Review Press. A press release hyping the book claimed that it "could almost be described as the autobiographical equivalent of the film 'Blow'."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-drummer-matt-sorum-the-thing-that-i-am-most-proud-of-in-the-last-decade-is-finding-my-faith-in-god
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 pm

In March 2020, the release of the book was pushed back to July. Blabbermouth, March 5, 2020:

Matt Sorum's Autobiography, 'Double Talkin' Jive', Pushed Back To July

Chicago Review Press has pushed back the release date for the "Double Talkin' Jive: True Rock 'N' Roll Stories From The Drummer Of Guns N' Roses, The Cult, And Velvet Revolver" book from Matt Sorum to July 7 from the previously announced April 7.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorums-autobiography-double-talkin-jive-pushed-back-to-july
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:48 pm

The release would later be pushed back further to 2022. However, probably due to neglect on Amazon's part, people who had pre-ordered the ebook kindle version would receive it on the original release date in April 2020, so the book would leak before its official release.

The final, official ebook would be a different edit with many stories included in the original version missing. And probably as a result of Matt's decision to have the book edited, a portion of the hardcover copies sold still had the original version of the book.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down