APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.05.03 - Rockklassiker (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

Go down

2024.05.03 - Rockklassiker (Sweden) - Interview with Slash Empty 2024.05.03 - Rockklassiker (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Mon May 06, 2024 4:40 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88031

Back to top Go down

2024.05.03 - Rockklassiker (Sweden) - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2024.05.03 - Rockklassiker (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Mon May 06, 2024 4:40 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:

In a new interview with Janne Innanfors of the Swedish radio station Rockklassiker,  Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash was asked about the recent announcement that Ozzy Osbourne will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame later this year as a solo artist in its 2024 class, marking his second entry into the organization following Black Sabbath's induction in 2006. Slash said (as transcribed by Blabbermouth.net): "I think it's great. I think Ozzy is one of the most influential people in rock and roll — period. And there's legions of fans out there that will agree with me on that. So it's a no-brainer that he should be in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame — as Ozzy. Because Black Sabbath is one thing, but when Ozzy went out on his own and did 'Blizzard Of Ozz' — I think it was 1980 or '81, that record came out, right around the same time that 'Back In Black' came out, that was a huge year in fucking music. And Ozzy went on to become one of the biggest record sellers in the business. So, yeah, I think that it goes without saying that he should be in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."

Regarding the fact that Ozzy is finally getting the nod in 2024, despite being eligible since 2005, Slash said: "All things considered, there's a lot of people that haven't been inducted that have been way due for a long time. I don't know exactly how all that sort of works, but I'm now a voting member. So I vote."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-ozzy-osbourne-being-inducted-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-as-solo-artist-its-a-no-brainer
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2024.05.03 - Rockklassiker (Sweden) - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2024.05.03 - Rockklassiker (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri May 10, 2024 5:54 pm

More excerpts from Noise11:

Slash told Swedish radio station Rokklassiker: “All I would do is pick the songs and then think who I would want to sing ’em. And Brian was the first guy I thought of [for ‘Killing Floor’].

“[H]e was really excited about it, because he was very much influenced [by] and covered Howlin’ Wolf in his younger years.

“So he got permission from the AC/DC guys to go ahead and do it, and I went and met with Brian in Florida [where Johnson lives], and he just did this great version of the song.”

On Tyler wanting to jump in on the action, he added: “I told him I was doing it, on the phone, and he … offered to play harmonica. I didn’t ask him. And he came down that day and put it on. It was great. You know, it was very spontaneous and … we had a good hang that day.”

https://www.noise11.com/news/slash-honoured-to-have-brian-johnson-and-steven-tyler-on-his-record-20240510
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down