APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.04.26 - Rock Antenne - Interview with Slash

Go down

2024.04.26 - Rock Antenne - Interview with Slash Empty 2024.04.26 - Rock Antenne - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87863

Back to top Go down

2024.04.26 - Rock Antenne - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2024.04.26 - Rock Antenne - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:42 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:

Slash, the iconic, Grammy-winning guitarist and songwriter, spoke to Germany's Rock Antenne about his upcoming blues solo album "Orgy Of The Damned", which is due on May 17 via Gibson Records. [...]

Regarding the inspiration for the "Orgy Of The Damned" album title, Slash said (as transcribed by Blabbermouth): "It's the only title I came up with. It was just because blues and rock and roll have always been considered taboo and devil's music and all that kind of stuff. And it's 'hide your kids from that.' And I wasn't raised to think that, but I know society at large has always had that kind of attitude towards it, but of blues especially. And so when I thought about having a collaborative thing with all these different artists doing a blues record — 'Orgy Of The Damned', right? It seems so obvious to me, and I actually Googled it to see if somebody else had already used it, but they hadn't."

When the interviewer suggested that it must have been a "logistical nightmare" getting all those guest musicians to appear on the LP, Slash said: "It's difficult. I mean, you basically just have to get on the phone, and if they say 'yes', then okay. So that's really the hardest part, is calling people up and asking the question and seeing if they'll do it. And I was fortunate doing this, because I picked songs that… What I would do is I'd have the song and then go, 'Okay, who should sing this?' And whoever came to mind as being the appropriate singer, I would call them up. But, fortunately, I picked the right song for them to sing and so they would identify with it automatically. And so then that would make them feel more obligated to get involved and sing it properly or whatever goes through one's mind. But it was great because all the different artists were so open to the material and it really meant something to them. So, what happened was the vocal delivery really came from the heart; they were really singing from a place of connecting with the material."

Asked if there was anybody he wanted to get to appear on the album but couldn't, Slash said: "Well, the biggest one, really, the one that bums me out was Lemmy. That was because there was a moment there where [I thought], 'Fuck, man, Lemmy would be great.' And I still haven't gotten used to the fact that he's not here, 'cause I'm so used to him being there. So that was the big one. I try not to make a big deal out of it. There's some people that I couldn't contact until after the record was done. And then they showed up, and [I would tell them] the record's done already. But other than that, everybody that I thought of were there."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-is-bummed-that-lemmy-couldnt-appear-on-his-upcoming-blues-album
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87863

Back to top Go down