APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada

2 posters

Go down

1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada Empty 1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Date:
May 16, 1988.

Venue:
Quebec Coliseum.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Out Ta Get Me
04. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
05. My Michelle
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. Welcome to the Jungle
08. Nightrain
09. Used To Love Her

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada Rightarrow Next concert: 1988.05.17.
1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada Leftarrow Previous concert: 1988.05.14.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada Empty Re: 1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am

Here’s Why Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson Regrets Not Punching Axl Rose

Iron Maiden‘s super-trooper frontman, Bruce Dickinson, has said he has “always regretted” not punching Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose when he had the chance to, back in 1988.

In a recent interview with Le Journal de Montréal, Dickinson discusses the night of 16th May 1998, when Guns N’ Roses opened for Iron Maiden in Quebec City, Canada.

According to Dickinson, Rose wasn’t treating the crowd nicely because they were speaking to him in French, and since then Dickinson hasn’t let himself forget that he didn’t give Rose a piece of his mind that night.

“I should have come onstage and given him a punch,” Dickinson says. “How could he dare speak to my audience in that way? I always regretted not having done so.”
https://tinyurl.com/y9pwquna

Original article in French:
La fois où il a voulu frapper Axl

Interrogé sur ses souvenirs de ses passages au Québec, Bruce Dickinson a raconté avec humour qu’il a un jour eu envie de frapper Axl Rose au Colisée de Québec.

Guns N’Roses jouait alors en première partie d’Iron Maiden et, selon Dickinson, Axl Rose s’en serait pris à des spectateurs parce qu’ils lui parlaient en français.

«J’aurais dû monter sur scène et lui donner un coup de poing. Comment pouvait-il oser parler à mon public de la sorte? J’ai toujours regretté de ne pas l’avoir fait.»
https://web.archive.org/web/20150908151350/http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/09/02/iron-maiden-renouera-avec-le-quebec-selon-bruce-dickinson
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87655

Back to top Go down

1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada Empty Re: 1988.05.16 - Quebec Coliseum, Quebec City, Canada

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:26 pm

Steven would later recall almost getting into a fight with Iron Maiden's drummer, Nicko McBrain while in Quebec:

[...] we were touring with "Iron Maiden" and one night me and Nicko McBrain went out to this bar. We were in Quebec, French Canada, and it was just a beautiful town and it was snowing. Me and Nicko, we were hanging in a bar and we were doing shots. We did like maybe 8, 9 shots and then the 10th shot he did, everything was going great between us, we were having a good time, and then once he took that 10th shot, he got so crazy and turned into a different person and was going to kick my ass. All we were doing was just sitting there talking and that one drink just was the one that broke him. And you've seen this guy. This is one ugly motherfucker, okay. He'll kick your ass just by you looking at his face. So, I was all whooah, one second, one moment here, I'm gonna go outside for a second and I'm gonna come back in and we'll try this again. I walked outside and I left. I remember walking through the snow on these cobblestone streets, freezing my ass off, going what the fuck just happened? What the hell just happened?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down