APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.10.24 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation: L.A. Invasion - Interview with Gilby

Go down

2018.10.24 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation: L.A. Invasion - Interview with Gilby Empty 2018.10.24 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation: L.A. Invasion - Interview with Gilby

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:40 pm

New radio interview with Gilby.

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
During an appearance on this week's edition of SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation LA Invasion: Live From The Rainbow Bar & Grill", Gilby was asked if he is surprised by the massive success of Guns N' Roses' reunion tour, which features three-fifths of the group's classic lineup: singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan. "Yes, definitely," he responded (hear audio below). "I mean, to this level. I think we all expected great things, I think we all thought that they were gonna sell out everywhere, but, to be honest, I didn't think that it would last this long and do this well; I definitely didn't expect that."

Asked if he still talks to any of the guys from Guns N' Roses, Gilby said: "I don't really talk to 'em, although I actually saw everybody yesterday. They were rehearsing and I was getting my gear. We were at the same place."

Clarke confirmed that his chance encounter with GN'R was a cordial one. "Oh, absolutely," he said. "I mean, I'm still cool with Axl; I'm still cool with everybody. I have no ill feelings or anything."

When host Eddie Trunk asked Clarke if the Guns N' Roses guys ever reached out to him about joining them on the "Not In This Lifetime" tour, Gilby said: "They did. Yeah, they did. When it first started, they did reach out to me to come and play." However, according to the guitarist, he had to decline the offer for a very good reason. "My daughter, Frankie, has a band [Frankie + The Studs]," he said. "They asked me the same day my daughter's band was playing Lollapalooza [in July 2016], which was like the biggest break for her band. It was the same day they were playing Lollapalooza and I had to be there, and I couldn't really give that up to go [jam with GN'R]."

Gilby says that he is still open to the idea of playing with Guns N' Roses again. "I have nothing against it," he said. "It's just that didn't work out for me."
Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-says-he-turned-down-offer-to-play-with-guns-n-roses-on-not-in-this-lifetime-tour/

Last edited by Blackstar on Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the audio - edited the date)
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76703

Back to top Go down