APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA

2 posters

Go down

2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA Empty 2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:40 am

2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA Index12

November 2, 2019
Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome to the Jungle
05. Double Talkin' Jive
06. Better
07. Estranged
08. Live and Let Die
09. Slither
10. Rocket Queen
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Shadow of Your Love
13. Attitude
14. Civil War
15. Dead Horse
16. Coma
Slash guitar solo (w /Maggot Brain)
17. Sweet Child O' Mine
18. Wichita Lineman
19. November Rain
20. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
21. Nightrain
ENCORE:
22. Patience
23. Madagascar
24. The Seeker
25. Paradise City

Date:
November 2, 2019.

Venue:
Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Slash: Lead and rhythm guitar, and backing vocals
Richard Fortus: Rhythm and lead guitar, and backing vocals
Duff Mckagan: Bass and backing vocals
Dizzy Reed: Piano and backing vocals
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Melissa Reese: Keyboard and backing vocals

Poster:
(Artist: Arian Buhler)

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA Empty Re: 2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 am

This was the concluding show in the 2019 leg of the NITL. No other shows are said to happen in 2019, although the band will at least visit some South American festivals in 2020.

For this leg, the band played Locomotive and Dead Horse, both of which had no been played since the 90s. The band also continued to play Shadow of Your Love. They also played the same covers as before (The Seeker, Wichita Lineman, Slither and occasionally Black Hole Sun). Slash introduced a new blues solo jam.

Personally I am a bit disappointed we didn't get to hear Hard School. Maybe in 2020?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA Empty Re: 2019.11.02 - Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:51 am

Review for both Vegas shows; Las Vegas Review-Journal, November 3, 2019:

Guns N’ Roses delivers a tidal wave of power on Las Vegas Strip

By John Katsilometes

Somehow, as Guns N’ Roses attacked “Mr. Brownstone” at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace on Saturday night, I didn’t miss Celine Dion’s water curtain.

The water curtain was a stirring effect for eight years in Celine’s run at the Colossuem, unveiled for her classic “My Heart Will Go On.” But there are a time and a place for the water curtain. Friday and Saturday nights were not those times.

Guns N’ Roses produced a tidal wave of sound at the Colosseum for a three-hour rock extravaganza, a night when “November Rain” supplanted Celine’s signature shower effect. As one would expect, this show was loud and proud and bathed in dazzling graphics from the new LED screen at the back of the stage.

The idea of the overhaul was, in large part, to evolve the Colosseum’s scope as a rock hall. And Guns N’ Roses extensively rocked the new hall.

Examples were evident in every song, as GNR closed its “Not in This Lifetime” tour at the vaunted entertainment venue. There was the dizzying chase scene through a maze of TVs for “Welcome to the Jungle.” Blood streaming down the black-and-white images during the growling cover of “Live and Let Die.” The sharp images of the band members themselves, far larger than life, and the band’s powerful rosebush-pistols logo were what Caesars Entertainment execs had in mind when they retooled the venue.

GNR rose to the high expectations — and high ticket prices. What was the crowd’s demographic? Rich and 50-ish. The sad reality is the best way to observe the power of a Guns N’ Roses live show is mostly through social media. But over two nights, the band performed all of its hits (“Welcome to the Jungle,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “Nightrain” and “Paradise City” had the place rocking) and some inventive twists: Glen Campbell’s “Wichita Lineman” (Rose has long been a fan of the Jimmy Webb composition), and “The Seeker” by The Who.

GNR also covered Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door,” a famous shout-along. In Friday’s show, Rose tumbled onstage while backpedaling during the song (TMZ has posted video of the fall). He then wiped up the area from what seemed to be spilled liquid. But don’t blame the water curtain. That was taken down long ago.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/guns-n-roses-delivers-a-tidal-wave-of-power-on-las-vegas-strip-1885002/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87655

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 am

Melissa on Instagram:
#vegas nt2 !!!! Couldn’t decide which one of these pix the amazing @katbenzova_rockphoto took was best, so here goes all 3!!! (Get swipey 2 vibe ????) FutureCore x the #nikemag joints again but in *AcTiOn* this time!!! ..... Nt2 leveled up!!! And what a way to end this leg of the tour????????????... More pix to come from this epic night and some more rando bts fuhyall so stay up ‼‼‼All my #love I love you and all of my gratitude to u beautiful people for continuing to make these unforgettable memories with us!!! I am so truly thankful for all of you!!! I love youI love youI love you.
#bts #tour #tourlife #onstage #live #performance #ootd #wiwt #instagood #caesarspalace #colosseumcaesarspalace #colloseum #gnr #gunsnroses #gnfnr #notinthislifetime #gratitude #happy #blue #music #musiclife #myview #dreams

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4g5crRnu4x/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 am

Article about both Las Vegas shows; 3News/KSNV, Nov. 4, 2019:

Guns N' Roses closes out 'Not In This Lifetime' Tour at Caesars Palace

by Cody Miller

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame legendary band Guns N’ Roses closed out its tour at The Colosseum inside Caesars Palace Saturday after back-to-back sold-out shows on Nov. 1 and Nov. 2.

The group transformed the venue in to rock haven and performed the highest-grossing shows The Colosseum has ever seen.

With the venue’s new general admission standing room area, the crowd was able to party all night to favorites like “Paradise City” and “Welcome To The Jungle.”

In attendance at the shows were country superstar Carrie Underwood, who shared the experience on her Instagram, actor Jason Momoa and Vegas Golden Knights’ hometown favorite Deryk Engelland.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/photos-guns-n-roses-closes-out-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-at-caesars-palace
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down