APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.04.02 - VH1 Radio/Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum Says Izzy Stradlin Isn't Planning On Attending GN'R Rock Hall Induction

Go down

2012.04.02 - VH1 Radio/Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum Says Izzy Stradlin Isn't Planning On Attending GN'R Rock Hall Induction Empty 2012.04.02 - VH1 Radio/Blabbermouth - Matt Sorum Says Izzy Stradlin Isn't Planning On Attending GN'R Rock Hall Induction

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:21 pm

Matt Sorum Says Izzy Stradlin Isn't Planning On Attending GN'R Rock Hall Induction

We're now just two weeks away from Guns N' Roses being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and still, no one really knows if the original lineup of the band will perform together at the event. VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner recently chatted with drummer Matt Sorum, who replaced Steven Adler behind the kit in 1990, and asked what he expects from the ceremony.

“Well, I don't expect really anything to happen," he said. "I think we're gonna go and accept the award, is what it's looking like. If anything, I might play drums with [fellow inductee] Donovan. I offered my services to Donovan because I played with him one time before and 'Hurdy Gurdy Man' was a song he recorded that John Bonham played drums on and Jimmy Page was the guitar player and I offered Donovan that me and Slash could play that maybe, but I haven't heard back if he wants us to do it or not.”

Since no one yet knows what is happening, VH1 Radio Network asked Matt why he can't just call singer Axl Rose and find out.

"I thought about it, but, you know, I don't think I'm the guy to do it," he said. "I asked Slash if he would do it, and Slash's answer to me was that he spoke to Izzy and Izzy wasn't planning on coming. So I think that was like, if Izzy's not going to come and it's not all the original guys, then it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure, man. Like I said, I'm just going to go and obviously Steven's gonna be there, so I always thought, if they were going to play, they'll probably do 'Appetite' stuff and if they wanted me to play on something off 'Use Your Illusion', I would be happy to do that. If it was a perfect scenario, I would say the track list should go something like this: Go up there and play 'Welcome To The Jungle', play 'Sweet Child O' Mine', and then finish it up with 'November Rain'."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-izzy-stradlin-isn-t-planning-on-attending-gn-r-rock-hall-induction/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87994

Back to top Go down