APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Delicious Grace

2 posters

Go down

Delicious Grace Empty Delicious Grace

Post by alcapone_dudu Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Hello guys. First time here. I would like to introduce you to Delicious Grace. It's a musical project where they write their own songs. They are just starting out.

Guns N' Roses is such an iconic group for us that's why we decided to post our song here. I hope you like it:

Delicious Grace - On My Way To You

Last edited by alcapone_dudu on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Plectra : 2347

Back to top Go down

Delicious Grace Empty Re: Delicious Grace

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:39 am

I like the vocal melody, the drums and the piano. There are some sour tones here and there. I would preferred it without the vocal backing and with the lead vocal a bit stronger in the mix.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76703

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I like the vocal melody, the drums and the piano. There are some sour tones here and there. I would preferred it without the vocal backing and with the lead vocal a bit stronger in the mix.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to it. I'm glad you liked some of it.

The production is not ideal. That's a fact. But we're going to get it right.

We are currently working on new songs that will definitely sound a lot better.
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 am

alcapone_dudu wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:I like the vocal melody, the drums and the piano. There are some sour tones here and there. I would preferred it without the vocal backing and with the lead vocal a bit stronger in the mix.

It's really catchy. It got stuck in my mind. What I particularly like about the vocal melody is the drop at "hold your head strong" (?). It is really catchy. I also really like the piano part that starts the song and that is repeated after the verse, before the vocals kick in.

The backing vocals, especially when the chorus starts, is a bit messy. And the mixing is too muddy.

Looking forward to new songs Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 am

The coda feels a bit like GN'R, like the ending to Locomotive with piano and guitar on top. Nice tone on the guitar. I think I need to here it more times to really get into that piano melody. Sounds nice.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
alcapone_dudu wrote:

It's really catchy. It got stuck in my mind. What I particularly like about the vocal melody is the drop at "hold your head strong" (?). It is really catchy. I also really like the piano part that starts the song and that is repeated after the verse, before the vocals kick in.

The backing vocals, especially when the chorus starts, is a bit messy. And the mixing is too muddy.

Looking forward to new songs Smile

Thank you, man. I'm really happy about what you said about the piano. It wasn't easy to convince some people that the piano, in this song, should as loud as it could be.

''hold your head strong'' is not in the song. Can you tell me approximately at what minute you heard it?
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Soulmonster wrote:The coda feels a bit like GN'R, like the ending to Locomotive with piano and guitar on top. Nice tone on the guitar. I think I need to here it more times to really get into that piano melody. Sounds nice.

It's absolutely amazing to hear that. GN'R is one of our main influences.
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 am

alcapone_dudu wrote:

''hold your head strong'' is not in the song. Can you tell me approximately at what minute you heard it?

At about 0:29.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
alcapone_dudu wrote:

I see. The correct would be ''Though the night has come''.
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 am

alcapone_dudu wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:

alcapone_dudu wrote:

I see. The correct would be ''Though the night has come''.

Haha, I never get lyrics right Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi guys. This is a song I wrote called ''The Boy from Memphis''. It's still in demo status but I really wanted to share it with Elvis' fans (I guess we've got a few around here).

A humble homage to one of the greatest singers of all time. Hope you enjoy:

Delicious Grace - The Boy From Memphis
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Hello everybody. I usually don't write about this particular subject but I couldn't help it. Here it goes a political statement about something really wrong. Take it for what it is.

Delicious Grace - Chaos and Shame
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:49 am

Hi alcapone_dudu,

I haven't had time to listen to your latest videos, will do it this Christmas! Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Hi alcapone_dudu,

I haven't had time to listen to your latest videos, will do it this Christmas! Smile

Ok, mate. Don't worry. Hope you like it.
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello everybody. We've got a new demo out. It's called ''Nocturnal''. Hope you like it.

CIRCADIAN RHYTHM
The Latin words circa diem translate to ‘about a day’. Circadian rhythms are pretty ancient. They are a result of life that evolved on a planet that rotates over a period of 24 hours. Being able to anticipate daily environmental fluctuations is remarkably useful, hence these biological clocks are virtually ubiquitous. Disrupting them causes complications. Circadian rhythms are therefore fascinating on a molecular, medical and evolutionary level.
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:26 pm

alcapone_dudu wrote:Hi guys. This is a song I wrote called ''The Boy from Memphis''. It's still in demo status but I really wanted to share it with Elvis' fans (I guess we've got a few around here).

A humble homage to one of the greatest singers of all time. Hope you enjoy:

Delicious Grace - The Boy From Memphis

I like it! I would have preferred a better mixed version. The horns are cool, and the drums.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:31 pm

alcapone_dudu wrote:Hello everybody. I usually don't write about this particular subject but I couldn't help it. Here it goes a political statement about something really wrong. Take it for what it is.

There is a quality to your songs that reminds me of something, but I can't really put my finger on it. Ah! Now I remember, it reminds me of And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead. It sort of gives me the same feeling as their debut record.

I think the melodies and instrumentation is great. A better produced version would be great. In general the vocals need to be more prominent in the mix, although for this song I think it worked better. And there are sour notes here and then, especially on sustained notes, the tone tends to wobble a bit.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 pm

alcapone_dudu wrote:Hello everybody. We've got a new demo out. It's called ''Nocturnal''. Hope you like it.

CIRCADIAN RHYTHM
The Latin words circa diem translate to ‘about a day’. Circadian rhythms are pretty ancient. They are a result of life that evolved on a planet that rotates over a period of 24 hours. Being able to anticipate daily environmental fluctuations is remarkably useful, hence these biological clocks are virtually ubiquitous. Disrupting them causes complications. Circadian rhythms are therefore fascinating on a molecular, medical and evolutionary level.

Much better vocals and would have deserved less distortion and clearer in the mix. I liked the tone on the intro guitar. Nice buildup.

My favorite is still the first song, simply because it is really catchy, but I appreciate the variety of your songs - keep them coming! Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
alcapone_dudu wrote:Hello everybody. I usually don't write about this particular subject but I couldn't help it. Here it goes a political statement about something really wrong. Take it for what it is.

There is a quality to your songs that reminds me of something, but I can't really put my finger on it. Ah! Now I remember, it reminds me of And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead. It sort of gives me the same feeling as their debut record.

I think the melodies and instrumentation is great. A better produced version would be great. In general the vocals need to be more prominent in the mix, although for this song I think it worked better. And there are sour notes here and then, especially on sustained notes, the tone tends to wobble a bit.

I've never heard of them but will definitely check it out.

We have some plans to go back to a professional studio some time. We're just figuring out the best way to do it. I mean, what songs should be recorded and stuff.

Thanks for giving detailed reviews on all of the songs. It means a lot for us.

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Hello everybody. We've got a new demo out. It's called "Queen Of England''.

====================

This song was based on a film called ‘’King Charles III’’. It seemed an interesting subject to write about.

I would like to clarify this is not a political statement. I've lived in England for a period of my life and have nothing to complain about. It’s just a fun song based on a fictional situation.
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Hello everybody. We've got a new song out called ''Desperate''. We tried to give an 80's feel to it. Hope you guys enjoy it.

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Thanks, @alcapone_dudu

Always nice to hear new songs. This was definitely 80s power ballad reminiscent. Nice melody. I liked the electric solo except the quick notes going downwards (they needed som more practise to get the timing right). The beds were nice, and the note selection was really nice. The lead guitar should be mixed down for the ending part, because it steals a bit too much of the focus from the vocals. The vocals are still a little bit pitchy. I would have reduced the echo on the lead vocal (or the ambience, sounds a little bit like singing in a big room). And I think I would have preferred a bass or a piano, too, to broaden the sound a bit, but I guess that would go against the idea of the song.

Anyway, well done and keep them coming Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Thanks, @alcapone_dudu

Always nice to hear new songs. This was definitely 80s power ballad reminiscent. Nice melody. I liked the electric solo except the quick notes going downwards (they needed som more practise to get the timing right). The beds were nice, and the note selection was really nice. The lead guitar should be mixed down for the ending part, because it steals a bit too much of the focus from the vocals. The vocals are still a little bit pitchy. I would have reduced the echo on the lead vocal (or the ambience, sounds a little bit like singing in a big room). And I think I would have preferred a bass or a piano, too, to broaden the sound a bit, but I guess that would go against the idea of the song.

Anyway, well done and keep them coming Smile

Hey Soulmonster. How are you? Thank you for the detailed review. It means a lot.

We're (Delicious is a duo thing) always looking foward to see what you've got to say. You seem to be a music aficionado.
alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Hey guys. New song out: ''Stormy West''.

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:27 pm

Hey guys. We've out a new song out: ''Wonder''. Hope you enjoy it.

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:24 pm

New song folks: ''Rosa Glamurosa''. Hope you enjoy it.

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:14 pm

New song guys. That's the most rock n' roll song so far. Hope you enjoy it.

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:24 pm

I am impressed by how much professional it has become and the song is good. I like the riff and the drums and bass, especially in the intro. Ironically, I remember wanting the vocals more forward in the mix on one of your first songs, now it is the opposite, I would want the vocals a little bit more blended back and bring forth the guitars, drums and bass. And the bass should be sharper mixed, it sounds a bit hollow. The bass falls through a bit during the second part of the guitar solo when it should have come back strong and driven the rhythm.

I am not a fan of the vocal intro to the choruses, the sustained "yeaaaah." It should be stronger, maybe experiment with another vocal intro to the choruses? Or add more harmony on it an octave higher to mask the sort of weak tone?

But all in all, great progress and the songs are good. They could just benefit mostly from small changes to the mixing.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:07 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I am impressed by how much professional it has become and the song is good. I like the riff and the drums and bass, especially in the intro. Ironically, I remember wanting the vocals more forward in the mix on one of your first songs, now it is the opposite, I would want the vocals a little bit more blended back and bring forth the guitars, drums and bass. And the bass should be sharper mixed, it sounds a bit hollow. The bass falls through a bit during the second part of the guitar solo when it should have come back strong and driven the rhythm.

I am not a fan of the vocal intro to the choruses, the sustained "yeaaaah." It should be stronger, maybe experiment with another vocal intro to the choruses? Or add more harmony on it an octave higher to mask the sort of weak tone?

But all in all, great progress and the songs are good. They could just benefit mostly from small changes to the mixing.

Hey Soulmoster! Sorry for the late reply. I had a lot going on.

As always, I really appreciate your detailed reviews. It means a lot. Thank you.

I'm glad you could notice some improvement. We really are trying hard to make the best out of our songs. It's a tough process but very satisfying. We do have our weakest point with the vocal department because we're a duo with no singer ha! We tried a couple ones but it didn't work so we decided to keep moving foward until we find someone who fits perfectly. If you have anybody that comes to mind would be awesome.

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by alcapone_dudu Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Hello guys! We've got a couple more tunes out. Hope you enjoy it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

alcapone_dudu
alcapone_dudu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down