APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE

3 posters

Go down

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE Empty More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 20, 2011 6:54 am

We have dates in October, November, and then I'm still waiting to get the 411 on what will happen next year. I think the next thing is really going to have to be someone trying to organize a record and getting it together. I think there's a really good band there to do it. But, you
know, the thought of it is more daunting than a 'Mats or a Soul Asylum record combined.

Source: http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/122240094.html

Last edited by Soulmonster on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE Empty Re: More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 am

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE TS_album_normal

tommy_stinson Next album not in production...yet. Let's get all the shows outta the way 18 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

He confirms what he has said earlier. Still wondering about the comment on dates in November, though. But if they plan to really tour the US then is must include dates in November More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE 542372685

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE Empty Re: More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 am

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE 1970_normalSoulMonster
SoulMonster
@tommy_stinson Can you confirm dates in November as you mentioned earlier: bit.ly/jfdOQb ?

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE TS_album_normaltommy_stinson
Tommy Stinson
@SoulMonster A LOT more dates are being talked about. I'll leave it to the big guys to announce as/when.

YAY!!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:26 pm

DJ ASHBA Guests On New Iron City Rocks

DJ Ashba is featured on the latest Iron City Rocks podcast (episode #129) prior to the Guns N' Roses U.S. tour.

Iron City Rocks: Is there more [Guns N' Roses] material in the future?

Dj Ashba: Absolutely, yeah absolutely, that's our main focus with it right now. Obviously with me being a song writer and producer.

There's more, this part @23.20, he starts talking about Axl around 22: 30: http://ironcityrocks.com/?powerpress_pinw=1048-podcast

Dj is such a positive guy Wink. Let's hope he is not naive.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
DJ ASHBA Guests On New Iron City Rocks

DJ Ashba is featured on the latest Iron City Rocks podcast (episode #129) prior to the Guns N' Roses U.S. tour.

Iron City Rocks: Is there more [Guns N' Roses] material in the future?

Dj Ashba: Absolutely, yeah absolutely, that's our main focus with it right now. Obviously with me being a song writer and producer.

There's more, this part @23.20, he starts talking about Axl around 22: 30: http://ironcityrocks.com/?powerpress_pinw=1048-podcast

Dj is such a positive guy More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE 633633. Let's hope he is not naive.

Naive no. That's just the way the guy usually talks. With a lot of shit. And promoting his arse as much as he can. Besides generally Americans are positive people. But after all it seems they're working on an album. When it'l be released is another question.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6291

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Dj has chimed in:
I'm writing around the clock, obviously. Axl has tons of songs up his sleeve. The main goal is to regroup, put our heads together and figure out what Axl would feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record to put out. [...] Obviously Guns N' Roses, we have more tours and stuff [in 2012]; we're talking about and putting together this record.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am

Some REALLY interesting information in a recent Tommy interview:

Stinson says that there’s “a bunch” of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded — “some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not” — in addition to 22 songs recorded during the “Chinese Democracy” process that were not included on the album.

If this is correct GN'R already have enough material recorded to release a follow-up.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:25 am

More information from Tommy:

There’s nothing etched in stone, but I can see us go into a writing mode in the new year. If there’s gonna be a new record, we’re going to have to start working some stuff out. But it’s just talk right now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:38 am

And more from Tommy:

"I don't think Axl has gotten over [the lack of CD promotion]. I think in his head there's still some stuff left to be done. If what he wants to do happens, it could drag it out for awhile. But we'll see what happens."

Looking ahead, Stinson says the hope is to write new songs next year and move forward with GNR, which is nominated for entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2012. There are songs left over from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that are almost ready to go, he says, and could be polished up for potential release.

"Who knows, maybe there will be Chinese Democracy 2," Stinson says. "Who knows?"

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111201/ENT04/112010320/Guns-N--Roses-frontman-Axl-Rose-keeps-fans-guessing#ixzz1fHIvlbqw
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:17 am

More from Tommy on this:

You know, it's been a good gig for me. it's been fun, and you know, it's served me well in a lot of ways. Axl and I get along pretty good, and now is kind of the time to stick it out if we're going to make another record. The lineup is working, and the camaraderie is good; it's a good fit for me.
[Up In The Sun, December 16, 2011].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:33 pm

According to these alleged facebook comments from Bumblefoot (hosted at Roadrunnerrecord.com, so probbaly authentic), Bumbles is a lot more...realistic about the prospect of a new record:

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE Bumbleface

So let's hope they get in that studio next year and that they also release those old songs!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:10 am

And from Axl: We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be
putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with
labels, blah blah blah
[Los Angeles Times, December 21, 2011].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 am

Sounds promising but I am personally not over enthusiastic. Let's hope that with the new band which has proved that can work as one team, things won't get stuck as with ChiDem and they manage to release an album much faster this time sfhaetdj
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6291

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Soulmonster wrote:According to these alleged facebook comments from Bumblefoot (hosted at Roadrunnerrecord.com, so probbaly authentic), Bumbles is a lot more...realistic about the prospect of a new record:

More GN'R concerts in November according to Tommy, then work on new record - PARTLY TRUE Bumbleface

So let's hope they get in that studio next year and that they also release those old songs!

Those comments are from Bumblefoot, but I remembering reading them already quite some months ago..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7406

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Yeah, Bumblefoot has said the same thing earlier as well.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:33 pm

And more from Tommy: With Guns, I'd like for them to get back in writing mode and see if there's another record to put out [LA Weekly Blog, December 21, 2011].

So...I think the motivation is there for the members, and Axl seems to want to do it, too. So if his new manager, Beta, can just help him get into a productive mode there might be some music recorded next year.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Manager Beta, what's supposed to come from this??
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:58 pm

It's in the recent Axl interview. She basically said she was going to quit her job unless he hired her as his new manager. Hopefully she has learnt the ropes of doing business now during the time she's been Axl's entourage, and will actually do a right job with negotiating record deals, promoting new tours, handling personnel problems, etc, and has the ability to push Axl forward when necessary. Being a GN'R manager is a hard job. But this time, firing the manager will be difficult for Axl.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Yeah, I read the interview. Just wondering if it will work out. But your last point is a good one at least!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Yes, I have to admit, I am sort of ambivalent to the whole idea of Beta as a manager. It could disastrous or great.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

And Richard has chimed in:

Question: What projects are you currently working on?
Richard: I’m going to start scoring another Surf Movie for Michael Halsband when I get home at the beginning of the year. Also, we are going to be finishing up the next Gn’R record[maximum Ink Music, December 2011].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm

I've started a new thread for the 2012 record rumour and close this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down