APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The "Work on new record" thread

+9
Uli
puddledumpling
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Young_Gun
axl_wanna431340
DanyYo
Johan
Soulmonster
13 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The "Work on new record" thread Empty The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Here are the quotes so far hinting at Guns N' Roses spending time on working on a new record:

We have dates in October, November, and then I'm still waiting to get the 411 on what will happen next year. I think the next thing is really going to have to be someone trying to organize a record and getting it together. I think there's a really good band there to do it. But, you know, the thought of it is more daunting than a 'Mats or a Soul Asylum record combined[May 2011]
Next album not in production...yet. Let's get all the shows outta the way [September 2011]
Being asked if more material will be released: Absolutely, yeah absolutely, that's our main focus with it right now. Obviously with me being a song writer and producer [October 2011]
We haven't really talked a lot about that. There's a lot we've recorded, a lot of material back when we started working on 'Chinese Democracy,' so there's a quite a bit of unreleased stuff that would be really cool to finish and put out. [...] everyone has great ideas and songs and stuff, so we're always sort of bouncing stuff off each other. I'm recording stuff all the time; I'll record something and say, 'Hey, this might be cool' and play it for everybody and just kind of go from there. I think eventually something's got to give, and then it's gonna come out [November 2011]
I'm writing around the clock, obviously. Axl has tons of songs up his sleeve. The main goal is to regroup, put our heads together and figure out what Axl would feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record to put out. [...] Obviously Guns N' Roses, we have more tours and stuff [in 2012]; we're talking about and putting together this record [November 2011]
There’s nothing etched in stone, but I can see us go into a writing mode in the new year. If there’s gonna be a new record, we’re going to have to start working some stuff out. But it’s just talk right now [December 2011]
Paraphrased: The hope is to write new songs next year and move forward with GNR. There are songs left over from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that are almost ready to go and could be polished up for potential release. Who knows, maybe there will be Chinese Democracy 2. Who knows? [December 2011]
Axl and I get along pretty good, and now is kind of the time to stick it out if we're going to make another record [December 2011]
We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah [December 2011]
With Guns, I'd like for them to get back in writing mode and see if there's another record to put out [December 2011]
[...] we are going to be finishing up the next Gn’R record [December 2011]
I can't give anyone a definite date or anything because, again, I can't give anyone false hope, but I can say it absolutely is our main priority. And I cannot wait to get...I mean, Axl has tons and tons of stuff recorded as it is, I mean, he sits there in his hotel room and play me hours of stuff. And I've written, you know, over 10 songs, for -- I think 12 songs now -- for him that he really likes and I think that once we all, now that we are off tour, we're gonna kinda start talking about, hey, let's piece together what we feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record. You know, it's absolutely everybody's goal to get out an album, you know, within a reasonable amount of time. That is everybody's focus [January 2012]
There are some clamoring and rumors that we might be getting some material together here after we do this little (theater) run, so we'll see what happens. I just go with the flow. I'm always recording and stuff. If it happens it will be really fun and cool. I love creating stuff with all the guys. And there was so much material that didn't make it onto ('Chinese Democracy'). From what I remember there were a lot of really cool songs; I can only hope that some of that stuff does resurface and get worked out [February 2012]
Being asked about them working on a new record: I keep hearing that, so I’m going to go along with that and say, “Yeah.” [...] There’s been talk. I know that [guitarist] DJ [Ashba] and Axl have been kicking back and forth some stuff and we talked about it a little bit, but I’ve heard that there’s plans... to sit down at some point in time ...and start working some stuff up. So if that happens, great. I don’t want to jinx it though [February 2012]
I would like to put out more than one album in 14 years. I’m all about “Chinese Democracy” but I want new Guns N’ Roses songs
That’s what gets me excited about being in the band - knowing that we have a really great shot at putting out something that’s just going to blow people’s mind. So, that’s the number one priority for everybody at this point [March 2012]
Being asked who he'd like to make music with: Last year I released “The Pink Panther Theme” and it has pretty much all the members of the band except Dizzy, Chris and Axl. Although I’d like to do something with *all* of them (laughs)! Yes, the next people I’d like to make music with, would be my band and my singer. I would like to be writing, recording and putting out music with Axl, Tommy, Frank, Richard, DJ, Chris and Dizzy. That’s what I’d like to be doing. I feel that the current band is so strong and has so much to offer that we should really be writing songs, together [April 2012]
In May, I go back to Europe with Guns and luckily, Thin Lizzy is going to be out with us, which is going to be awesome. They’re going to be supporting us so I’ll be able to play a couple of songs with them every night. But I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping [April 2012]
Now I must start getting my shit together for the European GNR tour. I’ll be looking forward to working up some new long over due GNR rock soon. See y’all on the road! [May 2012]
Hopefully soon! That’s our goal right now: to work on the new record and get out and tour a bunch more. We’re leaving in May for Europe for two-and-a-half months, and I know we’ll get a lot of stuff done on the road [May 2012]
Yeah we have and it has become one of our main focuses. We’re working on a lot of new stuff, not only for the music but we have surprises on this tour and everyone is looking forward to getting out there and putting on a kick ass rock ‘n’ roll show. The most important thing is that I’m really looking forward to the future with this band. Getting in and writing with everybody and that’s what I’m excited about the most but when it happens has still to be decided [May 2012]
Being asked about working on a new record: Well between the six or seven or eight of us, we all live in different cities so it is really hard for us just to sit down and get to work [laughs] but now that we’re altogether out here for a couple of months then that is something that will come up hopefully. I’m always into trying out new material and recording new stuff. I’ve worked with DJ a little bit in the studio off and on here and there and I’m always recording stuff, ready to play it for people to get their take and their spin on it. I know everyone else is the same boat, I think we all have something set aside or maybe everything set aside for Guns N’ Roses so when it happens it will happen. [...] I think our priority right now is the tour and giving people the best, most kick ass show they can get every night.[EspyRock, May 2012]
I am pretty much focused on GN'R right now. We're getting ready to go back into studio. so that's where my head's at right now. That's all I wanna think about till end of year, pretty much[RockNLive, June 2012]
When this tour ends, Frank (drums) and Tommy (bass) and I plan to get together and start writing some new music. Hopefully nothing will get in the way of doing that [Teraz Rock Magazine, July 2012]
Heeeeey! Just got home from a three-month European tour with GNR, slowly getting over that weird transition back to ‘normal life’, haha, ready to start being creative. I’ll be writing and recording and releasing and producing and guesting and teaching, maybe some light gigging, doing whatever I can before having to press the pause button on it all and hit the road again. I was planning on writing instrumental guitar music but every time I have a song idea I start thinking of vocal melodies and lyrics, gaaaaahhhh!!!!!
We are writing and trying out new songs [translated from Norwegian][NRK, October 2012]
[The Vegas residency] is the first time we're all gonna be in the same place for a month solid and that will be, and already has been talked about, our main focus. So I think we're gonna get a lot of done. [...] There's a lot of stuff recorded and I think it's just a matter of sitting down and working together as a band, putting together what we feel is gonna be the next best Guns N' Roses record. And I can't wait; I'm so excited to dive even deeper into that [Rolling Stone, October 2012]
We’ve been kicking some ideas around. We have some time off in Vegas. Hopefully we’ll be able to organize ourselves to get in a room and continue to refine a lot of those ideas and see what happens. I think as a whole this particular lineup has never really written together. We have in smaller groups…it could be great, it could be a disaster, you never know. We have three guitar players. You have three guitar players in a room together it’s always going to be volatile, but I shouldn’t say that because those guys are great. They actually work really great together, and they’re all so good. They’re the top of the heap, and for them to be able to work things out and present it the way we do every night live, it’s pretty amazing. I’m sure we can harness that energy and that vibe and get stuff recorded [vegas.com, October 24, 2012]
All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years. We'll figure out what we feel best about [USA Today, October 2012]
We had a lot of stuff that we haven’t finished from the past, some great songs… I just hope it won’t take us to another 10 years [Jakarta Post, December 2, 2012]
I know Axl wants to [release more music]. It’s just a question of,with so many outside things breaking focus and just little fires you always need to put out, we just need to focus on that. I’m hoping that we do. We’re not getting younger, and neither are our fans. Let’s do this. [Metal Mayhem Magazine, November 2012]
We’ve spoken a lot about it. It’s just a question of – I wouldn’t even say the planets aligning; That’s a little extreme as far as a metaphor – but I think we just need to have nothing else going on to where we can just focus on making new music and putting it out. There’s such strong people in the band. Dizzy is a great singer and songwriter. DJ – a great songwriter. Pitman is a great singer and songwriter. Frank is a great drummer. Tommy, he’s a great singer and songwriter. Richard, he’s a great player, songwriter. We have all the parts of the machine there. All we have to do is assemble that machine and hit the on switch [Boomerocity, January 2013]
There’s been talk all the time within us about the next album and what we’re going to do and when we’re going to do it. But you know, life always gets in the way. Things get in the way. It’s hard to have the momentum and the focus and everything that you need. It’s hard to put everything aside and do a whole album. Personally, I don’t want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let’s just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there. It’s easier to do. Look, waiting for an album to get done is just too much. I can’t do it myself. If I waited to finish an album, it still wouldn’t be done and the album still wouldn’t be out. When there’s so much touring and so much other stuff going on, don’t try and take on 14 songs. Do a song, then another song, then another song and then figure it out from there [Hot Metal, February 2013]
You know what, just forget about a new record till it happens. I mean, I can't even begin...how long have we been talking about a new fucking record? And I am the only one that doesn't bullshit you people about it, and I say "No, we haven't been in the studio together," "No, we haven't started writing together as a band". If something came out at this point it would be very old material that would be released now, so it would be unheard material but to me I don't consider that a new record, I consider that just releasing old material from a band that doesn't exist any more. And we need to make an album of this band right now. I just texted...hit up Axl again two days ago, "Hey, while we're in Australia, let's make some music, let's work on some stuff". We'll see what happens. I am all about making music. That's why I make music, to make music. So I'd like to really do that. I would be very happy if Guns N' Roses could do that. We'll see what happens. That's all I can say. At this point we're just doing shows, and doing shows, and doing shows, and the shows are great and we're having fun and everything, but I've got the itch. I've had the itch for a long fucking time. I want to make some music with these motherfuckers. It's a damn good band, and we should really have the opportunity to give what we can to all of you and make some music for you. If anyone reads any of my long-ass interviews where I am ranting like I do now, you know how I feel about it, and that's what I am about. It's not up to me, it's gotta be unanimous, so I hope unanimously at some point everyone says, "Alright, let's just put life to the side, everything to the side, and focus on this and make it happen and make some music together." I think it would be fucking great and I hope it happens. But as far as seeing a new album in the future, I don't see it in the near future, no, it's going to be a while...if it is going to be with this band writing from the beginning. There's reality for you. I wish I had something better I could tell you guys because we all want the same thing, we want new music, me and you [Eat More Heat! Live Chat, March 2013]
On whether we will hear new music in 2013: I can give you a definite maybe [Adelaide Now, March 6, 2013]
A new album will be on the way soon, since ‘soon’ isn’t really an exact given or assigned amount of time [Khaleej Times, March 31, 2013].
We need to start thinking about making a new record. You know, it’s due. We’ve been travelling around the world and touring behind this one record for long enough. I really don’t know if there’s a lot more touring we can do behind this record that we haven’t done already ... twice even! It’s probably a good time to get back and write some new songs. [...]

I think when we get back Stateside, we only have some small weekend runs for a while ... I think that should give people time to write some new material. [...]

The music cuts through the bullshit, that’s how Guns n’ Roses works. But I don’t think we would need to spend that amount of time to make another record. The reason we took such a long time was because Axl was kind of assembling a band as the (Chinese Democracy) album was being made ... so you had a lot of guys coming in and things changing.

Hopefully , each of us will write a song or two, throw them in the mix, then we all get together in one studio ... in short span of time, hopefully. That would be the goal. No one has 10 more years to spend making a record, you know. [...]

That’s the hard part with everyone scattered about ... I live in Hudson, New York, (guitarist) DJ Ashba lives in Las Vegas (Nevada) and Axl lives in Malibu (California). You know, if everyone wrote one song and we went and recorded those eight songs, we would have more than an album’s worth of material. We have some leftover tunes from the last record. We could feasibly make a record quickly ... it could happen. But we’ll just have to accept it: our art is as big a stumbling block as anything
[The Star, March 31, 2013].
[...] we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ‘n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won’t be for a while. [...] We are working on [the next record]! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out. [The Rck Pit, March 2013]
My goal for the new year is that there's going to be [...] a Guns N' Roses record, just throwing it out there. [On whether it is this year or next year] You know what, either way, either of those can happen, either or both can happen, I would be happy for that [CD102.5 The Alternative Station, April 2013].
 we are preparing to record some new stuff. [...] We're working on it! [...][Dead Daisies Facebook page, April 2013].
Been locking myself in ASHBALAND Studios, writing n recording my ass off! Coming up with sic shit!! #inspired #conquertheworld [Facebook, April 22, 2013]
What do you think - Dizzy Reed and Dj ASHBA™️ at Welcome To Ashbaland studios - hard at work or hardly working?[Facebook, April 30, 2013]
Being asked what's in store for 2013: Well, right now, I am just in the studio writing every day. I am writing every free moment I have. Since I've been off tour I've just locked myself in the studio. Axl's coming out in about a week and, yeah, we're just gonna have fun and hopefully get in the studio and make some magic. [In The Now, May, 2013]
It’s just kind of hard to say really. I guess just because really everyone in the band now comes from different places. It’s going to be a band effort. At the end of the day you have good songs, no matter how they’re done. They are good songs and if Axl sings them, it’s going to be Guns N’ Roses. Everyone has just kind of been writing and passing some stuff around and, you know, that’s pretty much where we’re at right now, just compiling stuff for the new record before we go in and start tracking it. [Lubbock Online, May 2013]
Being asked when the next record is coming out: The most-asked question, yes. I can't predict that, and I'm not going to try to predict that. What I've wanted to do was put out one song every time we do a leg of touring - get together in the studio a week before, write and record a song, release it, play it on that tour, and do that every time. We would have had an album of music released by now if we did that, a little at a time, where it's easier to take on those small pieces than bite off the entire album-creating process at once. If I controlled the Universe that's what I'd have us do, haha. [The Telegraph Calcutta, June 5, 2013]
Being asked if they are working on a new record: We're all songwriters. Hopefully this year we'll be able to put our ideas together and make a new album. We all talk about doing it, and are looking forward to it. [The Telegraph Calcutta, June 5, 2013]
Talking about the rest of the CD material: You know it would be a shame if they don’t [come out]. There’s a lot of great material there. It will come out at some point. There are so many different formats that a record release isn’t a big thing anymore—movies, TV, shows, etc. We do finally have a great cohesive band, and as a band, we wanted to finish some things up that we started. So yes, there is quite amount of material that has not been released and it would be great to have people hear it soon. [The Examiner, June 2013]
Talking about releasing a new record: We have been talking about it a lot. We have been kicking back ideas while on the tour bus—so it’s definitely in the works. [The Examiner, June 2013]
Being asked when we can expect a new GN'R album or new music: Most asked question :)Wish I had an answer! Can't predict Sad[twitter, June 2013]
We’ve got some shows coming up in July and I hope we will write some new stuff this summer. It’s been too long. [Deccan Herald, June 17, 2013]
Working on new stuff now [for GN'R]. So I'm trying to balance all this out. So far it's worked out alright. So far everything is good. Actually, Guns wanted to be touring right now in South America and I'd already committed to [The Dead Daisies], so we had to postpone that to next year, but I'm hoping that we get an album out very soon.[Noise 11, November 18, 2013]
[A new record] is in the works. Right now, things are on hold for a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.[Noise 11, November 18, 2013]
We are working on stuff and hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out. Well, in the next year. [...] We're going to be in Vegas all together, so hopefully during that time we're going to be able to get in a room and start laying down some more stuff.[Billboard, April 24, 2014]
We have tons of material, you know. Before I even joined the band there was three albums [...], tons of songs already recorded that Axl's been playing [with?]. Of course, I am a writer, everybody in the band writes so everybody has their own pile of songs, too, so lack of material isn't our problem, you know, it is taking all the material we have and making sense of it and fitting it into what we think would be a kick-ass album  [Talking Metal, April 2014]
 There’s a sh*tload of [unreleased material]. It’s there. It’s just a matter of—once it gets to a certain point, I’m not sure who’s going to make that decision, but there are songs that are done or close to being done that just need to be selected and grouped together and released. That’s where things are at with that [Las Vegas Weekly, May 2014].
We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard [Revolver Magazine, May 2014]
Axl talked about CDII being "already recorded", do you know if it is completely mixed and mastered and ready for the shelves, and did you contribute to it? It is not ready to hit shelves but whatever we release next i will be apart of [Live chat, May 2014]
I really hope that [a new record] happens this year and there’s still a lot of time left, so let’s just shoot for that [Metal Insider, June 2014]
That's the plan, although we haven't really discussed it for a while. There's a lot of stuff people need to hear that's ready to come out. It's gonna happen, I just don't have an actual date for you yet. My fingers are crossed, but they're getting a little bit looser. I think it'll be happening soon [The Rock Revival, June 2014]
There is a lot of stuff in the can and a lot of stuff that needs to come out and will come out. I think it’s just finishing touches on a few things. It’s getting the right songs to put out in the right package. It’ll come out when it’s ready to come out, but it’s definitely there.[The HUB, September 2014]
We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring [in 2015]. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N’ Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded, he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I can’t wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I’ve written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material[Legendary Rock Interviews, September 2014].
Well, we hope so. That’s our main focus. Lack of songs is not our problem. It’s just getting into the studio. And there’s been more and more talk about getting in there before the end of the year, which I’m really excited about. [...] The stuff I’ve written sounds like classic Guns N’ Roses. It’s very much what I grew up on, what I loved about the band. So that’s kind of the direction that my songs. [...] Axl, of course, has, I believe, two complete albums worth of songs already recorded and probably a shit-load of other stuff I’ve never heard. He’s played me quite a bit of stuff that’s phenomenal, and, hopefully, I can get my hands on it and put my little stamp on it, before all is said and done [Guitar International, October 2014]
There's a lot of material that's already done and I think it's in the process of being finished and eventually we'll pick out which songs need to come out with which other songs. So that's in the works. Hopefully it will be out really soon [VH Radio Network, October 2014]
We've all been at it. We've all been, you know, handing files back and forth to one another in various combinations of different people, but also there is quite a bit of material that still needs to be finished and needs to be released. And so one or both of those things is gonna happen [Pulse of Radio, October (?) 2014]
There are similar things [=releasing an LP] on the horizon for Guns N' Roses and that's always going to be my main thing [...] Last I heard, there's a lot of music that's been recorded, alot of stuff that's done, a lot of stuff that is almost done, and it is just a matter of picking out songs that's gonna come out, you know, in the next phase, and last I heard, that's what is happening. [...] When it is ready to come out it will come out. [...] There's a lot [of material]. [...] there is stuff that has been recorded and conceived since [CD] as well. But I think that with everybody that's played on that stuff, it is fantastic music. I really hope it gets out, people need to hear it, it is great stuff [BackstageAxxess, November 2014].
Talking about music they have worked on: A lot of the new stuff that we've been working on, that, you now, some of the stuff that we've come in from nothing, and some of the stuff is stuff that we've been working on that were ideas that were there. Some of the stuff Slash did, that was like the beginning of, the seed of the song, you know, that's been around for long [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].
Being asked about writing new music: Dj and I have worked on stuff. Nobody's worked on stuff with Ron [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].
There's so much stuff that's recorded. There is so much stuff that was done. I mean, there's three albums' worth of material, easy [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].
Being asked if Axl has sung on those three albums worth of material: Some of them, yeah, and some of them he is doing as we are here, 'cause I know this week he's recording a lot of stuff, vocally [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].
We are working on new stuff. But, I don't know. Like I said a long time ago, "I don't know if soons the word" but I got a lot of stuff together and I've played some stuff for Slash and Duff and they like it and they might be on it, we don't know. [...] I do want to put out more music with Guns N' Roses and I don't know if that has to do with Slash or not but underneath Guns N' Roses thing (?) and if he and I write something or if he wants to play on something we have it's like "that'd be great". I have been working to get where things are. [China Exchange, June 2016].
We haven’t started recording anything, when I say that, as far as in the studio doing an album. [...] We’ve been recording a lot of stuff, just ideas, assembling ideas, but not going into a studio and actually tracking a new record. [...]Yeah, I do [think this will result in a record]. It’s sort of too good not to happen at this point – that’s how I feel about it. This band is really a force right now and I definitely hope that we do – and I think we’re all sort of counting on it, and we’re also planning on it. [StageLeft Podcast, June 2017 ].
Everyone is excited about [recording a new album]. There’s a really magical thing now with the band. It feels like a new band [St. Lous Post-Dispatch, July 2017 ].

Last edited by Soulmonster on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 pm; edited 53 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76580

Back to top Go down

The "Work on new record" thread Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:54 am

Updated with new quote from Dj.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:54 am

Hahaha, the last part of Ashba's quote Very Happy
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7396

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:43 pm

GUNS N’ROSES are to rehearse in Ireland before their forthcoming European tour, MCD promoter Denis Desmond has said.

The band announced a somewhat surprise concert at the O2 in Dublin for May following on from their disastrous performance at the same venue two years ago when singer Axl Rose walked off stage and thousands of fans left the arena.

Their O2 concert on May 17th is anticipated to be the first of a series of shows the band will perform across Europe this summer.

It will take place almost 20 years to the day after their headline concert at Slane Castle in 1992.

Desmond said the request to play in Ireland came from Rose himself because the singer felt they had “unfinished business”with their Irish fans.

“We want to keep it simple. The thing is that it is a great show. He [Axl Rose] wants to come back.

“It was his request. The easiest thing for him to do would be to go ‘Oh I’m never coming back again after what happened’ but he wants to come back.”

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

Guns N’Roses will play the O2 in the full realisation that if they do not finish their set, they will not be allowed to leave the building as happened the last time they played.

The band walked off stage at their previous Irish concert after fans, who were agitated by their late arrival on stage, ignored a warning from Rose not to throw bottles on stage.

After a fan threw a water bottle during the intro to the second song Welcome to the Jungle, the singer announced: “Here’s the deal, one more bottle, we go home. We want to stay.

“If you don’t want to have fun just let us know. We’ll be on our way.”

Three songs later, another object was hurled onstage. Rose said goodnight, the group stopped the show and left the stage at 10.50pm to a cacophony of boos and cat-whistles.

Desmond appeared on stage and told the crowd he was endeavouring to get the band back on stage. He pleaded with them to refrain from throwing things up on stage.

Security refused to allow the band to leave the arena and they came back on stage at 11.10pm and finished a set which only concluded at 12.53am to a half empty arena.

Desmond cautioned that Guns N’Roses fans had to make allowances for the band’s habitual lateness coming on stage, but he did not anticipate a repeat of what happened at the O2 in September 2010.

“It was a one-off. Lightning doesn’t strike twice,” he said.

Axl Rose is the only surviving member of the original Guns'N’Roses line-up while keyboard player Dizzy Reed played at Slane Castle on the Use Your Illusions tour.

The original band members will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April leading to huge anticipation among their fans that they will put their well-documented differences behind them and reunite on stage for that event.

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0128/1224310869204.html?via=mr

The highlighted text is intriguing. Too good to be true, I am afraid, but nothing would be better than the band convening to actually rehearse new songs and perhaps debut a couple during the summer gigs.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Maybe that's the idea of this tour apart from earning some cash & making it for the last time.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:35 pm

DanyYo wrote:Maybe that's the idea of this tour apart from earning some cash & making it for the last time.

Work on new record, debuting new songs, and live shows...it surpasses any crazy dreams I had. Mini shock No, too shocking to have my mouth open Speechless ....no, this shocking Total Shock
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
DanyYo wrote:Maybe that's the idea of this tour apart from earning some cash & making it for the last time.

Work on new record, debuting new songs, and live shows...it surpasses any crazy dreams I had. Mini shock No, too shocking to have my mouth open Speechless ....no, this shocking Total Shock

Getting shocking therapy from time to time is one of the reasons I'm a GN'R fan lol

By the way we can do with a nice shocked smiley sfhaetdj
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:38 pm

DanyYo wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:

Work on new record, debuting new songs, and live shows...it surpasses any crazy dreams I had. The "Work on new record" thread 3597338600 No, too shocking to have my mouth open The "Work on new record" thread 3629835006 ....no, this shocking The "Work on new record" thread 606985973

Getting shocking therapy from time to time is one of the reasons I'm a GN'R fan lol

By the way we can do with a nice shocked smiley The "Work on new record" thread 591921268

None of the three I used good enough? The "Work on new record" thread 3597338600
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 pm

The last one is pretty cool but it looks more like a zombie than a shocked smiley. I don't know how to copy and paste smyleys here but there's one that's very good.

DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

DanyYo wrote:The last one is pretty cool but it looks more like a zombie than a shocked smiley. I don't know how to copy and paste smyleys here but there's one that's very good.

Smileys are pictures, you copy-paste them exactly like you would another picture found on the Internet. If you find one you want me to include in our list of smileys, then please post it in this thread: https://www.a-4-d.com/t305-new-smilies-added and if I like it, I will add it to our forum as a permanent smiley option.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 am

Tried but it didn't work. It comes out as a symbol not a smiley. See: :-O
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:34 am

DanyYo wrote: Tried but it didn't work. It comes out as a symbol not a smiley. See: :-O

That's the text that codes for that particular smiley on the forum where the smiley is. If you can find a post on that forum with the smiley in it, and then copy the image address for the smiley and paste that address in here, then I will see the smiley. But don't tell me it's one of the ugly smileys from newgnr....
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:39 pm

There are some clamoring and rumors that we might be getting some material together here after we do this little (theater) run, so we'll see what happens. I just go with the flow. I'm always recording and stuff. If it happens it will be really fun and cool. I love creating stuff with all the guys. And there was so much material that didn't make it onto ('Chinese Democracy'). From what I remember there were a lot of really cool songs; I can only hope that some of that stuff does resurface and get worked out.[billboard.com, February 14, 2012]

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!

The "Work on new record" thread 3442241888
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Still, it sounds very reserved..

Maybe better, then we won't get disappointed too much.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7396

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Tommy will be busy with solo shows in March and April, excluding the possibility of the band working together on new songs. Hopefully Axl will spend this time working on finishing a new record where Tommy has already recoded the bass parts.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 am

From the recent interview with Dizzy:

A&E: I heard you guys are working on new material.

DR: I keep hearing that, so I’m going to go along with that and say, “Yeah.”

A&E: Is that news to you?

DR: No, no. There’s been talk. I know that [guitarist] DJ [Ashba] and Axl have been kicking back and forth some stuff and we talked about it a little bit, but I’ve heard that there’s plans... to sit down at some point in time ...and start working some stuff up. So if that happens, great. I don’t want to jinx it though.

He doesn't sound too optimistic about anything happening anytime soon.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 am

In the recent interview with Dj from NAMM he does say they plan to tour out 2012 and that this makes it difficult to have time for recording although that is a big priority:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:05 pm

And another quote from today from Tommy in the first post.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

The "Work on new record" thread Empty sonn soon

Post by axl_wanna431340 Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:48 am

all in good time, its really hard not to say who i am, and how i know so much, but your hear new music this year trust me
axl_wanna431340
axl_wanna431340

Plectra : 4533

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:11 am

As long as you're not that BarbieVonStolat-person who haunts the boards....
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 am

New quote from Bumblefoot, still no song-writing being done by the lot of them...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:06 am

According to the recent interview with Richard, they recorded in 2011 before start of the South American tour, and expects to continue to record later this year:

Yeah and I was out with Thin Lizzy last summer. Then I came back and did three months with them in Europe, came straight back and I’ve been out with Guns since then. We went straight in to rehearsals and recording and down to South America for six weeks and then started in the US and we’ve been gone the whole time. So I just got home.

In May, I go back to Europe with Guns and luckily, Thin Lizzy is going to be out with us, which is going to be awesome. They’re going to be supporting us so I’ll be able to play a couple of songs with them every night. But I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:14 am

I chatted with Richard, he confirmed they are working on a new record but makes no promises it will be released this year.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Mystic message from Tommy in his recent blog post:

Now I must start getting my shit together for the European GNR tour. I’ll be looking forward to working up some new long over due GNR rock soon. See y’all on the road!
Does it mean working on a new record or preparing new songs for he tour or something else? Suspect
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 08, 2012 4:27 pm

A new user on mygnrforum ("Georgia Guns") just posted this:

Hey, guys. I live just outside of Brunswick GA and on my way to work this morning i was listening to our local rock station ARROW 100.7FM. Knockin Heaven's Door was playing and after it ended the dj said something about a new GNR single in May, to be followed by a US tour in Septemeber, and an album in the fall. I was tired as hell and not expecting news like this, but I know what I heard.

Anyone else catch me up on what's going on? Big GNR fan ..
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 11, 2012 10:01 am

More information from Dj when asked about when GN'R will release new songs:

Hopefully soon! That’s our goal right now: to work on the new record and get out and tour a bunch more. We’re leaving in May for Europe for two-and-a-half months, and I know we’ll get a lot of stuff done on the road
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Gun Mon May 14, 2012 7:35 am

Axl's quote is probably the most telling. "Figure out what our deal is with the label". Hmmmm that could take a while but at least he is keen on moving onward. The negotiations for Chidem took about one and a half years. Hopefully this will be swifter due to alot of the roadblocks being removed by Chidem.. Although Axl's handling of the release probably hindered motions more than it alleviated...
Young_Gun
Young_Gun

Plectra : 4396

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 14, 2012 7:39 am

Young_Gun wrote:Axl's quote is probably the most telling. "Figure out what our deal is with the label". Hmmmm that could take a while but at least he is keen on moving onward. The negotiations for Chidem took about one and a half years. Hopefully this will be swifter due to alot of the roadblocks being removed by Chidem.. Although Axl's handling of the release probably hindered motions more than it alleviated...

I wish they would just release things the way Bumblefoot do, but I guess they might be contractually bound to release more music with the label....I don't know. I really don't know enough of these things, but I think you are right: the label and getting a deal with them, could be the real obstacle to new music.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoochild Mon May 14, 2012 4:59 pm

The Irish news quoted does intrigues me. Maybe they asked for some studio (or even at the venue) time to work in something else than just the show.

Soulmonster wrote:A new user on mygnrforum ("Georgia Guns") just posted this:

Hey, guys. I live just outside of Brunswick GA and on my way to work this morning i was listening to our local rock station ARROW 100.7FM. Knockin Heaven's Door was playing and after it ended the dj said something about a new GNR single in May, to be followed by a US tour in Septemeber, and an album in the fall. I was tired as hell and not expecting news like this, but I know what I heard.

Anyone else catch me up on what's going on? Big GNR fan ..
That was a troll, nothing really happened.
Voodoochild
Voodoochild

Plectra : 4407

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Voodoochild wrote:The Irish news quoted does intrigues me. Maybe they asked for some studio (or even at the venue) time to work in something else than just the show.

Yes, it seems a bit far-fetched that the promotor would just lie about them rehearsing for the new record. I can't see what he would gain from lying about such a thing. So I agree, Axl must have requested some studio time.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next